Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@ Charlie: It’s not spam, it’s just a little bit off topic. ;)

I saw that on crunchyroll, i was wondering if i should watch it. Is it any good? xD
I replied to your question here. ^_^

Im not sure if i explained that well :sweat Anyway here's a link by a football writer discussing it.
Your explanation was great. :cool: Thank you for explaining it to me and for the link. Thanks to them I’m now able to understand some of the games in the series more than before.

One more question: a coach can decide what formation to use based on the players of his team but also based on the team is going to play against, right?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
One more question: a coach can decide what formation to use based on the players of his team but also based on the team is going to play against, right?
Yea, it depends on the coach though. The top teams usually do not change formations regularly, as they have the players to win most matches regardless. Though when two top teams face each other they both are more likely to change and its not unusual for the whole formation to change in match.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I guess it depends on how many players the coach gets to pick for his team. If a coach gets to pick most of the players then he basically picks them out to play a specific stile (offensive, defensive...). He basically chooses players to fit positions in a formation he prefers (that is not to say there can be no variation later on in the formation). On the other hand, if he just has to work with what he's got then he makes the formation according to the players. You wouldn't expect a coach to set up an offensive formation if his forwards aren't that good and most of the available midfielders are defensive for instance. Such an scenario would force the coach to work with a defensive formation. Also, in the middle of matches it is common to see slight changes in formations. For instance, if a player can do more than one job in a match, you'd often see him advancing and have someone take his place. Another common thing is to remove forwards or offensive players for defensive players when they are winning the game to protect the score.


________________________________

On another note, I have been trying to pinpoint exactly what numbers specific positions are regularly given but I just can't seem to find the info. I know the important ones but I am still missing a few...

1.-Goalkeeper
2.-Defense?
3.-Defense
4.-Defense?
5.-defensive midfielder
6.-midfielder?
7.-Forward?
8.-striker
9.- Striker (center forward)
10.- Gamemaker (offensive midfielder)
11.- Forward?

I know numbers are not definite in the least regarding position but generally they are associated with specific types of players....


It depends though Barca, Chelsea etc use it and they do it quite well. But it could be used very defensively and kill the enjoyment of the game. -_-;
I don't think barca's formation is quite like that.... Don't they usually place their players to form sort of cones in their respective sections of the field (not sure how to explain it)?
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
On another note, I have been trying to pinpoint exactly what numbers specific positions are regularly given but I just can't seem to find the info. I know the important ones but I am still missing a few...

1.-Goalkeeper
2.-Defense?
3.-Defense
4.-Defense?
5.-defensive midfielder
6.-midfielder?
7.-Forward?
8.-striker
9.- Striker (center forward)
10.- Gamemaker (offensive midfielder)
11.- Forward?

I know numbers are not definite in the least regarding position but generally they are associated with specific types of players....
<hr noshade size="1">


I don't think barca's formation is quite like that.... Don't they usually place their players to form sort of cones in their respective sections of the field (not sure how to explain it)?
It depends on the country. In Argentina it would be something like (with a 4-3-1-2 formation):

1-Goalkeeper
4-Right back
3-Left back
2-Right centre back
6-Left centre back
5-Defensive midfielder
8-Right midfielder
7/11-Left midfielder
10-Playmaker
7/11-Right/left winger / second forward
9-Striker

-----1-----
-4--2-6--3-
-8---5---11-
-----10-----
---7----9---

I think in Europe the defenders get their usual numbers like this:

-----1-----
-2--4--5--3-

and so on...


Regarding changing formations and players between matches, doing it too often will probably hurt teamwork, and not doing it often enough will probably cause too much fatigue on the players and increase injuries. It's a matter of finding the right balance. This is just for the big teams or those that play 3 or more competitions per season though. But it's not unusual to see big teams playing national cup matches without a single player from the usual first eleven, especially on the initial instances.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Carvahlo's gone to Madrid. Do they need him? They have enough defenders like pepe, albiol, garay...er who else? urm..I take that back, maybe they do need him. xD

And in other news, Martin oneil resigns right before the beginning of the season. The spanish press make up a story about Barca buying Ozil and Italy lose. Btw, internationals tomorrow. Im looking foward to it xD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I was so shocked that O'neill resigned, I'm guessing the Milner transfer may be one of the reasons.

I don't understand why they have internationals right before the start of the season? It's stupid and should be scrapped.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
If city really pay 30million for Milner. Im going over to Manchester and seeing how much they'll pay for me. I think i could get a couple hundred thousand. -_-;
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I guess the only numbers that remain constant and have a particularly special meaning are 1, 5, 9 and 10 then... The others don't seem to have the significance as these four in general. Its a shame about the number 10 though, playmakers are not wanted nearly as much as before.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well nowadays theres no significance with ANY numbers imo, from when there's outfield players in other leagues that have the number "1" on their kits, anything goes now. Most players choose numbers that have a meaning to them.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, technically the numbers never had to be given to specific positions, that was a matter of choice for the most part. I do think most teams keep the number 9 for their main striker, 1 for the goal keeper and 5 for a defensive midfielder. I rarely see teams not keeping that. 10 is another case though, playmakers are rarely used these days...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Defensive midfielders wear 4 nowadays I'm sure :s. 10 was given to the playmaker you're right or the star of the team normally has that...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Where I am from the most normal thing is to see the defensive midfielder with the number 5. I have yet to see the number being given to anyone else (at least I haven't noticed). In here even in conversations no one even refers to a defensive midfielder as such but rather as the number 5. For instance you'd say things like "What the fuck is the number 5 doing" or "the team needs a new number 5".
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Where would that place be? It doesn't sound like the USA...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I think he's from south america.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Where would that place be? It doesn't sound like the USA...
Sly... very sly....:ninja

Not actually from the USA though.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Reina fail. :facepalm

Liverpool should've bagged the 3 points. I'm confident that Hodgson will do a pretty good job at Pool this season.

Go Bebe! lol A signing out of nowhere. xD New CR...apparently...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The first of many "arsenal are shit" rants has begun!!!
What the hell happened to us today? Ngog is not a terrible player don't get me wrong but how the hell did he beat the keeper from that angle? we DEFINITELY need a new goalkeeper, Almunia is a mug!. Liverpool deserved to take all 3 points and would've if it wasn't for Reina's lapse of concentration.

Onto tomorrow and those other reds are in action against the toonarmy :)
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Dont understand why i put reina in my fantasy football team -_-;

least go Hart to cover some goalie points.

i always find it funny that the players that get huge amount ££ for transfers dont do anything for ages but someone free like joe cole starts good
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Bro you should've gone with Joe Hart, I feel like he's gonna have a great campaign this season, but I really hope Arsenal get a new experienced and proven goalkeeper before the transfer deadline. But Wenger is being annoying as always; acting as if the money comes out his own pockets -_-;
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
i just logged to check fantasy team n hart was my first choice keeper wohoooooooo.

still 2 players not playing one transfered to a random german team other injured...not good.

wenger is a cheap skate but i not keen on how he talks about players sometimes...still shocked bout oneil moving from villa..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top