Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, of course, but think about the embarrassment for a European and World Champion to go to playoffs. Furthermore, if i remember correctly, the worst second place, meaning the one with the least amount of points, is automatically eliminated. Right now, only Israel and Sweden have 8 points as second-place.
But spain's group has less teams so it's by percentage of points made out of the ones possible. Or something like that I guess.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Damn, Brazil played even worse today. Scolari must be pissed.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes, he must be.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'll be watching MEX-USA obviously. After the blizzard debacle, it's interesting that Mexico has less points than us. I wonder if we can get points at Azteca. We had a rare win there last year, but I'm not betting on that happening. It's hard to gauge where the team is at after losing to Honduras...and you can't really assess a team when they play in a foot of snow, even though they won :XD
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Damn, Brazil played even worse today. Scolari must be pissed.
You think so? I think they did better than against Italy :O
They were bad at the beginning but during the rest of the game I think they were better than against Italy.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
My Heart - USA 1 - MEX 1

My Head - USA 0 - MEX 2

:emocat

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Awww fuck...Guzan is in goal, not Howard :shootme

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I love how conceited Mexican commentators are about the national team. What have they actually done besides winning a Confederations Cup? Nothing.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, Gary, it ended up 0-0, so you have to be happy about that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, Gary, it ended up 0-0, so you have to be happy about that.
And you're not? :errr

But yeah...luck involved with them not pointing to the penalty spot late. But overall we just played better than them. We didn't park the bus either, Klinsmann's substitutions proved that.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
And you're not? :errr

But yeah...luck involved with them not pointing to the penalty spot late. But overall we just played better than them. We didn't park the bus either, Klinsmann's substitutions proved that.
Well, it's always nice to see the national team pick up points, and I will watch their matches when it comes time for the WC, but I actually support France, who have now failed me in two losses in a row against Spain.

There was a lot of luck there, but if Mexico were relying on a penalty being given to beat us, then their game plan or whatever was awful. I couldn't believe some of the chances that they missed.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Wut.

So, if France plays against the US in the WC, you won't root for your country?
Hmm...France has never actually played the US in all of the time that I've watched football. It would be an interesting one. France would obviously have the better chance of winning the WC, but if the US got a big win in the WC, it could help US football development.

I do root for the US against everyone normally. I was rooting for the US against England in the 2010 WC.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Mexico was mostly garbage. Dos Santos and Guardado disappeared. Chicharito was sort of off as well. I would have preferred bringing in Shea earlier, as they kept such a high line at times that a counterattack could have worked. We had rookie center backs and they were stellar, as well as Guzan really. I guess I was influenced by the Villa stench :p. They had something like 15 corner kicks and couldn't convert any of them. It's a shame we couldn't get more setpieces as we easily outclass them in the department. Oh well, a point away is a point away.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Italian football at its best, look at 00:39 :rofl

[video=dailymotion;xyi8vb]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyi8vb_tvgoals-net-malta-0-2-italy-highlights_sport?start=41[/video]
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Lol Italians always make the most out of fouls... ALWAYS
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone checked out this article on the best football academies in Europe? I'm not as shocked by who's top or Barcelona's position as I'm just astounded at the lack of english teams there. Granted we just buy alot and import youngsters from other leagues but I thought there'd be at least 2 or 3. :/
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I expected Sporting to be very high they produced all of the best players in Portugal for a while now.

Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Moutinho, Nani... etc

Basically most of Portugal's team regulars. But even though Portugal has become a very strong team in the last few years thanks to sporting finding all these talents the club hasn't managed to win a thing in the last ten years :o
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
River Plate's academy would kick every single one of those, just saying :3c .

And Barcelona should be N 1, wtf is that shit.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
If took into account the quality of players probably. But it't about number of players playing in main leagues.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
If took into account the quality of players probably. But it't about number of players playing in main leagues.
So what? More players > Better players? That's bs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top