Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pride~

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope that Liverpool gets back on track after the NESV takeover. Let´s face it, the current situation isn´t very good. Relegation place in the League, already eliminated in the Carling Cup, ...

But the debt is finally gone and the club can invest in new players and the new stadium can be build. That´s the only positive fact right now.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
^ I think the first priority should be the new stadium, it will bring some much needed revenue. In terms of revenue coming into the club Liverpool is behind all the big clubs in England. I've recently read somewhere that Chelsea get more income through their stadium (coroprate seats etc) than Anfield while Stamford bridge is smaller! Anyway, wont say im "pleased" as it would have been hilarious if they ended relegated (which seems more and more unlikely now that H&G are gone).

And Rooney, wow just wow. The whole Rooney mess is resolved with him signing a new contract. That was a 101 lesson in how to make the nation hate despise and loathe you in 7 days. His reputation has gone down the sewer worse than John Terrys. Idiot.


This is too funny. Pinto whistled pretending the player was offside.
 
Last edited:

Pride~

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The new stadium is a very important project and I´m sure that the new owners will restore Anfield or build a new one soon. That´s what they said and I think that they´re gonna do it. (Unlike H&G.)

There´s one thing I don´t understand. Why does Lucas play almost every match for Liverpool? Honestly, I think that Lucas isn´t good enough for a club with the ambition to play in the UCL.
 

Lsshin

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
54
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
why would you hate Rooney? He has done nothing but find a way to get more time and cash, his previous new contract was meant to be for only 3 years, while after saying he was leaving the red devils he had around 10 teams willing to buy him off, now he got himself a five year contract, is all a publicity stunt, well done by the way, why would that bother anyone? I do know one thing, his carrear has not much shine left and he knows that, I'm more concern at the moment with other players in manchester, for intance the french guy who played on the champions game against bu... god he can be something if more minutes are given.



Any one fallows Bundes Liga?
What is going on with Bayern München? And Shalcke? Is it sad how bad they both are doing, I mean I been a fan of Mainz05 for a while now since when I visit Germany as a kid I went to one of their games but wao they were unbeaten till last week, how that happend? I mean their new head coach is a heck of a tactitian and they got a bunch of talented young players, but BM is BM


Eredivise?
Will PSV saty on top for the rest of the season?
After selling their main scorrer and player with moth assist "Carlos Salcido" instead off going down a bit in gear they've gone up a notch, while in the other side you have the none consistent Ajax jumping up and down every week

La Liga

It amaises me how hard the firts weeks of this year's La Liga have been for FCBarcelona, I mean having to face all the hungriest teams at first then dealing with inguries from Xabi, Messi, Milito, Pedro, etc... it is increidibly shocking that they still manage to win, last season in the entire season they had only 4 goals against a astonishing record, and now in only 5 weeks they got 4 goals againzt, is it the after effect of the world cup? Or every other team is just sick of Barcelona being the best?
Real madrid is also leaving a mark, unlike last season they started this one horrible yet now they are pleasing all their fans and sport analisers, including myself, one thing they had last season was a wondefull forward line, yet a horrible defensive line, now they have both, will they stay like that? Or will Barcelona remind them who's El Campeon De Mundo?
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There´s one thing I don´t understand. Why does Lucas play almost every match for Liverpool? Honestly, I think that Lucas isn´t good enough for a club with the ambition to play in the UCL.
Well, Liverpool is paying the price for selling Alonso and Mascherano but imo Lucas isn't that bad. He's got some talent, and is still young, he'll evolve for sure :P

I'm not watching PL and La Liga as much as I'd like since my Flamengo is too damn close to the relegation zone in the Brasileirão, however, from the little I see, Chelsea doesn't have much opposition. Real seems to be in a better shape than Barça and i'd bet on them winning this season.

And Pinto's whistle was awesome :XD The poor guy after that still managed to not score a goal that a pregnant 60year old lady would.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Rooney will leave tho....it same as the c.ronaldo crap...heck i member when Rooney said he never leave everton...week later he was gone..

these past few days with rooney been funny it obvious was a joke but people still got annoyed over it :lmao
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Pride~
It's really a pity that Liverpool got up to that state. I would like to see it somewhere near th Champion's League zone, but now the problem is as I see it in instability of the club because of it's owners. Liverpool has good players at least for Europe League, but they can't do practically anything now. But at least they won the last match. Maybe it's the begining of comback:)

hyst-gundam
Rooney singed new contract this weekend, so I don't think he will leave Manchester soon.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,329
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^Rooney singed until the 2015 AND apologized. I find that hilarious lol. For the time being manchester has a contract with rooney until the guy is basically past his prime or just as he is about to leave it.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I think he had to quit from Manchester, cause now it would be hard for him to play there, cause he looked so cheap when he tried to earn more money knowing that his club has financial problems. I'm not Manchester's fan, but it's really awful when I see such a person. That's why I have a great respect towards such players as Raul, Del Piero, Totti, Gigs, Scoles who are or were playing in one club for whole their career and were really faith and not saying such shit as Rooney like "I'm not sure in club's ambitions".
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Today we won against Milan. I don't know whether to be happy we finall got a win we need or to be sad a) Inter gained a lot more from this (and their) win than us b) Ibrahimovic scored against us, breaking his record of never doing that before <.<
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I think you should be happier, cause you got 3 points and also got 3 points not against someone, but Milan.;) It was a good game on Juve's part.:) I liked Del Piero's goal.:) And I really apriciated the aplauses of San Siro for him.:)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Me too. But I'm thinking it's partially becasue I am an Ale fan <.<
Honestly though, it was pretty well done considering all the injuries before the game and during the game, making this team a super subbed one :/ I'm sure Juve can't last much if the players don't start coming back. Also, there's Krasic :darn
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Yeah, it was not only a big game with big win, but they also should their spirit. I think it was one of their best matches in season, cause they really made a good strategy to win and also played rather good in defence. I think defence is even more important and significant for Juve now, cause this season their opponents always score many goals.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any argentine hermano here?
Please, tell me something that I can't understand: Why is Darío Conca never called for national team? It's so unfair.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hello everyone!
Watched AC against Madrid today... Anyone else think Milan deserved to win that game?
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
kakashi919
No, I think it was a draw.:) At least Madrid had two fair goals, when Milan got only one and also one goal from 200% offside.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah that was obviously offside. But what can I say? lol The game was really one-sided.
 

Lsshin

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
54
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You allways get the question wether if someone deserves to win or not, offcourse there's allways a team that plays with more might and will then the other but the fact is that goals speack louder than will or might, yes 5 minutes was an exageration but blame it on the defense, I'm a Barcelona fan but, Madrid tied that game the fair way, is that simple.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Im a bit late with all of this. ^^; But I'm surprised and a bit glad there isnt a Bale lovefest going on. :p

Im surprised at Liverpool's win against Chelsea. They are actually in 9th place now! It surprising but they are 5 points off the top four and on the same amount of points as Tottenham. I really didn't rate Hodgson taking over, but you have to say he has turned what was a horrendous start to a season around.

why would you hate Rooney? He has done nothing but find a way to get more time and cash, his previous new contract was meant to be for only 3 years, while after saying he was leaving the red devils he had around 10 teams willing to buy him off, now he got himself a five year contract, is all a publicity stunt, well done by the way, why would that bother anyone?
It bothers people in many ways. He used underhand tactics on a club that has (even if i hate to say it) done an incredible amount for his career and him as a person. You dont tell a club that has done that much for you, that you "wish to leave" that its not progressing in the manner you expected, two months into the season! Its preposterous and downright disrespectful. Manchester united stood up for him countless times, they've protected him from incredibly media scrutiny, the list of what they did for him is as long as anything. It was even weeks before he made his statements, that club gave him leave when his "super injunction" to keep the extramarital affair story failed and disguised it so he could get time off away from press scrutiny. You also have the fact that its rude to the fans, who supported you throughout a lot of shit (and he's been through a lot) to turn your back on them and pretty much hold the club to ransom.

There's a culture of thinking over here, which dates back to the "good ol days" when players would be on the same or little bit higher wages then the fans in the stadium and that the current generation shold be happy with what they are getting, so it doesnt help if your seen as money grabbing because you will be vilified. This is all mainly football related stuff. What he does off the pitch, makes him go from generally "disliked" to "hated" in my opinion. Sleeping with prostitutes when you have a girlfriend, when your wife is pregnant etc

I do know one thing, his carrear has not much shine left and he knows that, I'm more concern at the moment with other players in manchester, for intance the french guy who played on the champions game against bu... god he can be something if more minutes are given.
I dont really agree with this. He just turned 25! And is off the back of a 30+ goal season. Im really surprised, how does his career "have not much shine" left? I agree about Obertan though, its a travesty he doesnt get to play much. Whenever ive seen him, he was really good. Tall, fast, skillful and incredibly henry-esque.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I'm also glad there isn't a lovefest for Bale. He is a great player and all,but hearing people/commentators compare him to the likes of Maradona... they go too far sometimes.

Woot Liverpool! We coming back in form. :dancin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top