Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
The moment of reckoning tomorrow. Its vital. A win can propel us forward much much more then the tin pot could have. Come on....!!!
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The moment of reckoning tomorrow. Its vital. A win can propel us forward much much more then the tin pot could have. Come on....!!!
True, but....

You can't put a 1/4 finals place in the trophy cabinet.

I trust me, I wish you could.


*bump*

As funny as it was seeing Van Persie getting sent off, that was the most ridiculous booking ever. There was a two second gap between the whistle and Van Persie's shot.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Did Barca play better? Absolutely. Would it have won if Van persie wasnt sent off? Who knows...At that time we were going through, they were beginning to drop their heads and then suddenly that happens. Renewed vigour and well...two goals later. =/

Still if Bendtner took his chance late in the game we could still have won. In any case im disappointed more then angry this time around. Man...Im starting to hate football.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Pfft, who cares about Barca? It's all about Schalke tonight :dance
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Schalcke gonna win it all!!!! :yelling
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Unfortunatly, but Shalke kicked Magat out and I don't think they'll actually benefit from that. They are my favourites in Germany, so I'm really dissapointed, cause they really had a chance with Magat in the German Cup and can make some performance in Champions, but now it's uncertain how it will be.

I'm looking for Real against Lyon. It should be deffinetly a good match to see.;)
Also I hope for Chelsea to show a good game.:)
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So folks, tomorrow morning we'll see the draw take place for the last eight of the Champions League. So before this draw actually takes place(:imslow), do any of you have any predictions on who'll play who in the QF? xD What's your dream draw then? xD!

Last Eight in CL said:
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Tottenham Hotspur FC (England)
- FC Schalke 04 (Germany)
- FC Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
- FC Internazionale (Italy)
- Manchester United FC (England)
- Chelsea FC (England)
- Real Madrid CF (Spain)
My predictions:

- Barcelona Vs. Internazionale

I had a feeling Inter would play some of the teams they beat on route to winning the Champions League last year this season LOL! They played magnificently against Munich away and I would like to see them face Barca in the QF. Even if the chances are high that they'll lose this time around to them.

- FC Schalke 04 Vs. Tottenham Hotspur

I seriously want to see Hotspur progress into the semi's. Schalke would be a good draw for them but NEVERTHELESS it'll be fricking hard for them to overcome imo. At least they would give it their all in this game as equal to Schalke themselves. Fingers crossed they get Schalke or Donetsk. :p

- Manchester United Vs. FC Shakhtar Donetsk

Oh yeah! :drmke We need an easy draw in the QF considering our injury woes atm. :s It would be funny if we got Madrid though. :lmao

- Chelsea FC Vs. Real Madrid

F**k Chelski! They can go to hell! :yelling Go Jose! :shakefist

Seriously though...I would much rather see Madrid play Chelsea in the QF's than Barcelona or Intermilan. It would be a great game and who better to kill off Chelski's CL dream once again but Jose himself? :smile-big

Just for the lolz:

Barcelona Vs. Tottenham Hotspur

It would be feckin hilarious if Spurs pulled it off though. :derp

FC Shalke 04 Vs. FC Shakhtar Donetsk

Survival of the fittest. :dancin

FC Internazionle Vs. Real Madrid

:derp

Manchester United Vs. Chelski

Actually...that wouldn't be funny. :oh
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Lol! Man Utd always get easy draws anyway :eyeroll

My predictions:

Barcelona FC vs Tottenham Hotspurs - It would be great to see how Spurs would do against a team of Barcelona level. I also don't want Spurs to reach the semis :XD

Internazionale vs Manchester United - I don't like either of them, so at least this way one of them will be eliminated :derp Hopefully it will be Man utd.

Chelsea FC vs Real Madrid - I would love to see Ancelotti take on Jose and win. It would be so ironic :XD

Schalke04 vs Shaktar - Shaktar has been playing some really great football so far in the CL. I think this match up would be a really fast pace and entertaining game.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Official Last Eight Draws said:
Inter Milan v Schalke
Real Madrid v Tottenham
Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk
Chelsea v Man Utd
Of all the teams, Barcelona get fricking Donetsk! :mad Well, at least I got two fixtures right! :zomg Madrid Vs. Spurs should be a good game. I think I jinxed myself with that Utd Vs. Chelsea matchup. :oh

...-_-;
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
:rofl

Don't be fooled though...shakhtar vs barcelona will be a good game. Hope Schalke beat Inter. Meh@ Chelsea vs Man utd...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's not funny. :notrust

Well we got the semi final draws as well:

1: Inter/Schalke v Chelsea /Manchester United
2: Madrid/Tottenham v Barcelona/Shakhtar
ZOMG! It could potentially be a Madrid Vs. Barcelona semi final! It's going to be tough to beat Chelski but I have faith in the team. We'll progress into the semi's. :noworry I would rather play Schalke in the semi's than Intermilan tbh.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Schalke v Chelsea
Barcelona v Madrid

That's how it's gonna be. No Man Utd! :derp
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Schalke are really strong this season. That Farfan guy has been playing some great football in the CL games so far. It's going to be hard for Inter but on paper I feel Inter have the upperhand but you'll never know during the game...

It's kinda obvious that it'll be a Madrid x Barca semi. I would be suprised if one of them do get knocked out in the QF's. It would be great to see Spurs actually pull it off though. :P

Feck Chelski man! It going to be an Intermilan/Schalke Vs. Man Utd semi. :shakefist
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Barca'll loose to Donetsk because they'll play their b-team with overconfidence and I'm pretty confident in Schalke. Internatzionale is a horrible team compared to the German heroes *groans*
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It'd be interesting to see manchester and barcelona in the finals again. Last time it was so awesome since I was with a bunch with manchester fans....
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Only goleada in champions league this time!

Poor, Leonardo! Two big defeats in a row!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It was embarassing. -_-;

They started out so well but it wasn't good enough. The back four were terrible. I would've played Maicon, Chivu, Cordaba and Zanetti at the back. Meh. It was a very entertaining game though. Very fast and good end to end stuff. It's ashame that Inter didn't capitalize on some of Schalke's mistakes during the game. They should've put Pandev on once Schalke got the third goal. :(

Leonardo is a shit manager. Period. He was clueless on wtf to do after Schalke blitzed Inter at the end of the first half. His face said it all. Farfan came alive in the second half lol.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
What'd I tell ya? Schalke goes for it! <3 That's 10 man ownage for ya! (Excludes every other factor that helped determine the game's outcome apart from Schalke's awesomeness)
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I wanna find a hole to hide in till the end of the season now. That broke me. And I'm one of 36,000 idiots who paid to watch a ten man Man City team turn around a 3-0 half-time lead years ago.

=_=
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I wanna find a hole to hide in till the end of the season now. That broke me. And I'm one of 36,000 idiots who paid to watch a ten man Man City team turn around a 3-0 half-time lead years ago.

=_=
*cough* Welcome to my world.

Football? What football. >_>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top