Year Round The Football/Soccer Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I don't hate Ronaldo but I do hate to see him steal Mesi's thunder (whom I am a big fan off). Too bad Real Madrid managed to completely ground mesi (that is the impression I got from the part of the game I did manage to see).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well the only way they managed to ground him is to surround him with liek 3-4 players everytime he had the ball. But it didn't really make a difference; the way he was going through them was a joke at times. :facepalm
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it did make a difference... he didn't score nor did his team mates. I only saw the last half hour of the game but I never got the impression he was allowed any chances to score. I actually started fearing the worst when Real Madrid's counters started to go deeper and deeper into barca's field. Their defense was doing a great job and barca was so immersed in attacking that the few times they did get to barca's field were always dangerous.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well...Madrid were playing with six defenders lol against Barca. I see Sami Khedira more of a defender than a midfielder tbh. Hate on Ronaldo as much as you like for whatever reasons...I just love the way he plays. All this messi vs ronaldo talk doesn't really interest me. I love both styles of their play. If there was one thing I would've wanted to see; it would be to see them both playing for the same team.

A lot of ex-madrid and barca players tend to move to serie a...be it for a short or long spell...you never know. We might see them both play for AC Milan. :eyeroll


:rofl

Seriously though, the champion's league games will be something else. It doesn't matter how many injuries barca have atm; they'll be ruthless against madrid in both legs of the CL semi's. I think Mourinho will win the CL with madrid next season. The Spanish Cup is in the bag. Maybe...they can pull off a double with the domestic league...but I wouldn't bet on it. I say next season Madrid will do the double at least; La Liga title and CL.

All I want to see is another Barca x Utd Final. 8D
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Wish I actually had time to watch the barca vs real match lol. It is bound to be epic as barca has to get their revenge today. To bad iniesta is injured though... that mid field is certainly going to miss him.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Pfft, 0-2 is nothing! 2nd leg here we come \o/
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If they couldn't win at home, then they have no chance at Old Trafford. I can't believe they lost, no scratch that, played that bad. I thought they'd at least put up a better fight. :facepalm
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I was quite confident in a draw, at least but they were in no way as good as they should be. Not even Manchester played their best and still ran over them. :/

But I keep my hopes up, and if anything, they still made it to the Semi's ^^,
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah at least the made the semis and humiliated the defending champions to get there, so they can be proud of that. It's more than I can say for Arsenal :crying
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
That game was so disappointing... I really wanted Shalcke to win that first leg.I wouldn't count them out yet. If they can win 5-2 at Milan, then they can do it at Manchester.

Bets on the Classico? :3c
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
For tonight, the way I see it Real have to win at the Bernabaeu if they want to have any chance of qualifying, cos I don't think they're gonna be any threat to Barca at the Nou Camp. but saying that I think the 5-0 was a one-off. I still fancy Barca for both legs. I'll go for 2-1 to Barca.
 

Keino

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Real Madrid came out an played way to defensive today. They had no attacking intent in the first half and that is why they lost today.
I know that Alves made too much of Pepe's tackle but Pepe himself did the same thing only a few minutes. To be honest both teams embellished a lot which was a turn-off even though Barca were the main culprits.
Nevertheless even with 11 men they could not have stopped Messi's amazing solo goal. It was by far the highlight if the game. I am glad that he scored both goals cuz to me he is the best and most honest player in the world at the moment.
I blame Jose for this loss and I hope next leg he will let the shackles loose from his team and give it a real go.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I'm not gonna complain about Alvez acting, because I know Ronaldo does a lot of it in almost every game....

I didn't watch the whole game...it was far too boring in the first half. I can understand Barcelona playing relaxed and not really attacking much,but Madrid didn't really play for the win if you ask me.

Really need to stop hyping up these derbies....
 

Keino

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Really need to stop hyping up these derbies....
I agree didn't expect much from the first leg but Messi' s goal was worth the boring first half:p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This match if anything had a lot of hired stunts and actors. The difference was Messi; he was the one cleaned out the game and made it about football rather than the silliness involving the benches and divings and such...

It's game over for Real now, they don't have their greatest asset available for the next match; Jose Mourinho :3c
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't stand the first half. It was sooo boring to watch! The second half was much better. Madrid are screwed. Alonso isn't really a play maker in midfield. He's good at long passes but that's about it imo. Ronaldo didn't get the support he needed and tbh it wasn't his fault. What a waste of a free kick though. Baka, just smacked it way too high over the bar.

Madrid will come back next season. Utd will win the Champion's League this season. ;P
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
It's a conspiracy man :derp

I stopped reading when he claimed they controlled the game :fail
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I could not see all the game but from what I heard Barca had 70% possession of the ball. How is that controlling the game? Ronaldo is just a crybaby lol. And why would they wait for the last minute to start attacking? They can't know they are going to score. Sounds like they were counting on a tie and maybe getting lucky.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Real are just being crybabies and sore losers. We didn't hear shit from Barca when they lost in the Copa del Rey final! They came out playing negatively and in the end deserved to lose. A team of their stature playing for a draw or on the counter at HOME is not what they're fans paid to see imo.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think ronaldo was better of when he was actually crying a few years back rather than now that he is a whiner. They are just angry because they know that Barcelona currently is stepping on them and has been doing that for the past 5 years (except for the last copa del rey).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top