Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKiss

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Looks like Carlos Queiroz will become Portugal's new manager,leaving Ferguson searching for his 6th assistant lol
Well,with Cantona been strongly tipped to return as coach,maybe he'll become Man Utd's new no. 2?i hope that happens coz he can then influence Karim Benzema to leave Lyon for Old Trafford ^^
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Still, Brazil's olympic team is impressive. Aside from Ronaldinho and Robinho, there's Diego, Anderson, Sobis, Jo, Rafinha, Marcelo, Lucas and Pato and some young talented center backs. I dont see many teams capable of competing with this, except for Argentina. Ronaldinho may be out of shape, but this is a huge opportunity for him to prove his worth. If he is to move to another club, he needs this competition to impress the interested teams in order to pay his price.

About Queiroz, it was my favorite for the Portuguese squad, but didnt believe he could be hired to be honest. Not only he is in Man U with great prospects of succeeding Sir Fergunson, but he was also pissed off at the portuguese FA. Still, recent news almost confirm him in Portugal. It'd be a reason to celebrate if this happens.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Looks like Chelsea are trying to make a move for Kaka. And Milan are eying Adebayor and Drogba. Also Chelsea coach reveal that Lampard told him he want to stay at Chelsea.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yeah it seems chelsea wants Kaka, apparently from what I've read from the newspaper, chelsea has made an "astronomical" bid to milan for Kaka.....
and I'm currently waiting more news on the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer saga.......
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
And it finally seems like van der Vaart will move up to Real Madrid for about 20M€. I was looking forward to see him play in a powerful team and I'm pretty sure he'll succeed.
As for Hleb, he's set for Barça. Arsenal will earn about 15M€.
Atletico de Madrid hired Paulo Assunção, Porto's former defensive midfielder. He did brilliant in our league, let's see how he'll do in Spain.
Spanish teams are reinforcing alot in this summer market. I dont think we'll see 3 british teams in the CL's semi-finals this time :P

Queiroz is almost confirmed as the Portuguese coach. Fergunson appointed McClair as the substitute for assistant manager
 

DragonKiss

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
@Epul
I think that Chelsea wont sign Kaka and Ronaldinho in the mean time..coz Kenyon himself stated that there are just speculations...

@mendes
well British and Spanish club purchasing power are almost equal..so its hard to see British clubs repeating last CL feat this forthcoming season...^^
Mclair as no. 2?what about the rumours pertaining Pako the ex-Scouser no. 2 man?i'm sure he's a def. more capable and world-class than Mclair..which so far...isn't very convincing enough for the job IMO


just my 2 $...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hey, its true Quaresma will play for Internazionale?
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hey, its true Quaresma will play for Internazionale?
He's being linked with Inter Milan for quite a long time, but Porto's demands are too high (40M€) for Moratti, so the transfer will most likely depend on players exchange. The portuguese young defensive midfielder, Pélé, and/or David Suazo are the most spoken to switch with Quaresma, but its far from settled...
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
what about news on frank lampard? last I heard he wanted to stay at chelsea and Scolari also made a statement that Lampard is staying. I also heard Chelsea is not giving him the 140,00 pound wage that he is asking for.. and Inter has made a new bid for him.....
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Quieroz have been appointed as Portugal coach.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
And it finally seems like van der Vaart will move up to Real Madrid for about 20M€. I was looking forward to see him play in a powerful team and I'm pretty sure he'll succeed.
As for Hleb, he's set for Barça. Arsenal will earn about 15M€.
Atletico de Madrid hired Paulo Assunção, Porto's former defensive midfielder. He did brilliant in our league, let's see how he'll do in Spain.
Spanish teams are reinforcing alot in this summer market. I dont think we'll see 3 british teams in the CL's semi-finals this time :P
Nooooo, damn Spain and all of their money, they're ruining good clubs star players =( I guess some clubs buy their players already made, and some train them to be that good, with all that money they'll probably find replacements, still bleh.


So MU is looking in to Aguero for Ronaldo's old position (?).. This is what I mean by rich clubs ruining star players, for him to go to MU this year, if Christiano leaves, it'll be a waste. Aguero is a great player, but he needs support, he'd be better suited for Arsenal, or Liverpool than MU.
 
Last edited:

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Berbatov's agent has revealed that Man utd is very interested in signing him. I personally think, if he comes, berbatov would be excellent for man utd. I could see him working well with rooney like he did with robbie keane at spurs.

also, Barcelona said they have received a formal bid from man city for ronaldinho.....
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I heard Berbatov signed for united for the huge amount of 36M€. Very close to Rooney's transfer in amount and a huge reinforcement for MU. I still think hiring a competent right back should be their priority, but I guess they count on Gary Neville for the next season...

Ronaldinho is set for Milan. The bid from city was high, but Dinho wanted to play in Milan the most, so the deal should be settled in about 15-20M€.

The Euro champs ended up appointing Vicente del Bosque as their new manager. Its a great coach imo. He was fired from real madrid in an unfair way, a few years ago, after having won every cup with the merengues.

Mancini traded Roma for Inter Milan, which means Inter will most likely cool down their interest for Quaresma. Porto's chairman told the press he had a surprise coming up for the squad, but can he keep the promise without a Quaresma's transfer earnings? We'll see... Aimar is also having a tough transfer with Benfica and Newcastle battling for him.

Dutch midfielder Engelaar transfered to schalke. He was in good shape in the Euro cup.
Also, Luca Toni said Bayern needed more forwards because they 'only' had 3. When those 3 are Toni himself, Podolski and Klose, I wouldnt mind at all having 'only' them in my team... or any team to tell the truth.

Finally, Porto will play the UEFA CL next season. UEFA confirmed today and we're back to our beloved CL : D
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I heard Berbatov signed for united for the huge amount of 36M€. Very close to Rooney's transfer in amount and a huge reinforcement for MU. I still think hiring a competent right back should be their priority, but I guess they count on Gary Neville for the next season...
I agree with you. I think they should find a right back. But I'm not that worried. Gary Neville will be back next season and Hargreaves has shown that he can also play well in right back position, better than O'shea and Brown at least. :XD


Another big news, it seems that Robinho wants to go to Chelsea!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
really? i aint really been watching sports news lately...but last thing i heard was gilberto and hleb have officially left arsenal....they're gonna need some replacements quicktime( and some good ones too)
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I hope they buy Sporting's J.Moutinho :P
In Portugal, Benfica hired Pablo Aimar. A huge player for our league's reality. Sporting reinforced well in the defense and in the midfield with Rochemback. I know he wasnt very successful in 'boro, but the last time he played in Sporting he was a superb player. This year I doubt Porto will win the league with 20 pts difference again. Still I see us as very favorites again.

Roma sold Giuly to PSG for 2.5M€... after Mancini, they sell yet another winger. And for the ridiculous amount of 2.5M? I wonder what are they doing... Tadei's the only winger they got now
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I guess C. Ronaldo wouldn't be going to Real Madrid. Ferguson, in a news confrence today, said Ronaldo will definitely be at ManU next season.
 

Ghetto_Kid

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
this ronaldo situation is becoming more n more annoying...... i think the player himself should just come out in public and say his true desire whether it's to saty at united or go to real.

I am arsenal fan and i don't really like man u players but either way i don't care, but i would love to c him leave.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, Ronaldo said publicly he desired to move to Madrid, but recently it seems like Fergunson convinced him to stay. I dont believe Ronaldo's desire changed. It's more like Fergunson placed some sense in him. Ronaldo has a lot of remaining millionaire contract years with manchester united, and he would have no chance of coming out to Spain any time soon. Ronaldo has no choice but to accept this, and I'm pretty confident he'll stay in United for at least 1 more year.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
if ferguson says he won't leave, HE WON'T LEAVE!!
end of story, ferguson would prefer to let him rot in the reserves than to sell him to Real Madrid
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top