- Joined
- Jan 19, 2008
- Messages
- 280
- Reaction score
- 35
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
He's taking the populist approach. Manchester City fans have been known to be very vocal if they don't like the board of directors (you should have heard some of the things said when they moved from their old ground at Maine Road) so what better way of getting them onside by making it clear, not only is there money for new signings, but just how much money there is.Zenit sure is surprising with a victory in the Supercup over United. I'm not currently watching matches (non-football vacations :P) but I read they played very well and bought Danny for some impressive 30M€. I wasnt expecting that transfer between rival teams. He's on a roll and a new asset for the portuguese squad.
Still Î couldnt bet on them on a group with the super favorites Real Madrid and the former colossal Juve. I can actually see Juve on the latest stages of the CL as one of the favorites. One thing's for sure, it'll be the toughest group and the best to watch. I doubt BATE Borisov will even manage a single point in this group. Better luck for them next year...
The transfer market is off and Porto eventually sold Quaresma at the last minutes, by 18M€ (can reach 26M€ in 2 years from now I think) and we got ourselves their portuguese under 21 defensive midfielder, Pélé. Its a player I really enjoy and his talent and potential is huge. Lets see if he lives up to his expectations. He's replacing one of our best defensive midfielders ever, Paulo Assunção so its not an easy task. We ended not reinforcing the winger position that Quaresma left open... Lets see if the youngsters for that spot can shine. I dont see Porto stronger than last year. I think its about the same. Our most influent player, Quaresma, left, but we hired Christian Rodriguez for that position (former rival Benfica's best player last season xD) and so far he's being brilliant. Pele's on for Assunçao and the new striker, Hulk, is interesting. The side backs changed and I think we're weaker without Jose Bosingwa (Chelsea) at the right side.
Anyways... can someone tell me watta hell is City's new boss thinking? I heard the guy has 10 times the money Abramovic has, and he's willing to spend it all on his team in order to hire a team like those you only see in football managing games for pc... I only heard he spoke of Cristiano Ronaldo, Fabregas and Torres to join Robinho in January and he was convinced of it! Each of these player's transfer would mean a record transfer but the guy seem determined to build the strongest team of the world from almost scratch... and City already has a very good team
I didn't think we'd get £30 million for Berbatov from Manchester United, but we did. He went up to Manchester to attend a medical despite not receiving permission to do so. I would have loved for Man Utd to have failed to meet the asking price because they'd have been in so much trouble it wouldn't have been funny.



