Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Got a question: Just saw Green Street Hooligans and was wondering if hooliganism is that bad in Europe (particularly England)?
Its worse. If i remember correctly (watched green street ages ago) they only showed a couple of scraps in that film. The last derby i went too (Villa vs city), there was riots with the police, a lot of people got arrested, fans were battering each other. Its hardly ever reported, though. The only ones that are reported are when they are huge (or when the england away fans do something stupid abroad...) like last summer's rangers riots in manchester. And I remember a steward getting killed a couple of years back after there was a fights between QPR and villa. But, its much better than it was in the eighties/seventies (Judging from what i've been told...). And much better than in other countries (*cough* Italy *cough*) >.>;

Edit: Its also bad in South America and Africa, not only europe. In fact, i read a article about Manchester united fans and chelsea fans rioting and attacking each other in africa after the CL final. O_o'
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Its worse. If i remember correctly (watched green street ages ago) they only showed a couple of scraps in that film. The last derby i went too (Villa vs city), there was riots with the police, a lot of people got arrested, fans were battering each other. Its hardly ever reported, though. The only ones that are reported are when they are huge (or when the england away fans do something stupid abroad...) like last summer's rangers riots in manchester. And I remember a steward getting killed a couple of years back after there was a fights between QPR and villa. But, its much better than it was in the eighties/seventies (Judging from what i've been told...). And much better than in other countries (*cough* Italy *cough*) >.>;

Edit: Its also bad in South America and Africa, not only europe. In fact, i read a article about Manchester united fans and chelsea fans rioting and attacking each other in africa after the CL final. O_o'
LOL yh but they aren't English fans, just saying so no one gets mixed up. :p
There isn't much Hooliganism, there is some around occasionally but better than 20/30 years ago.(In England)
 

Networks

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Edit: Its also bad in South America and Africa, not only europe. In fact, i read a article about Manchester united fans and chelsea fans rioting and attacking each other in africa after the CL final. O_o'
Yeah, i never seen it, but it's frequently this kind of news in TV, espacially in brazilian classics.
_____________

You.. in Europa, watched the brazilian championship as us who seen the england/italian/spanish championships?
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also, in this saturday, a group of Palmeiras fans attacked their coach ( Luxemburgo ) and injured his arm...
didn't make a good effect since they lost today by 5x2 to Flamengo ^^
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You.. in Europa, watched the brazilian championship as us who seen the england/italian/spanish championships?
I honestly dont... with the time gap between America and Europe, every game there is played at about 1-3 AM here.

As for the premier league, Anelka is on fire. I doubt this time Ronaldo can surpass him in the goalscorer sheet. What do you think of Jose Bosingwa? I dont think Porto will ever have a side back like that again...
Great win for MU. Arsenal will have to change this bad result sequence right away or they're out of the league title challenge. And what to say of Tottenham! After some huge wins, they loose against Fulham. Why cant they get regular results with such a good team?
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Wait mendes, I think you're being to harsh on spurs. The lost against fulham is the first under the new boss. Spurs has been a lot better since Harry took over. They starting to look like the team they ought to be. The real inconsistent team I feel at the moment is Arsenal. They can be brilliant in one game and then lose the next. Oh yeah, did you guys see the howler Gomes made in goal? I'm starting to think that all spurs keepers are cursed..... :XD
 
Last edited:

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wait mendes, I think you're being to harsh on spurs. The lost against fulham is the first under the new boss. Spurs has been a lot better since Harry took over. They starting to look like the team they ought to be. The real inconsistent team I feel at the moment is Arsenal. They can be brilliant in one game and then lose the next. Oh yeah, did you guys see the howler Gomes made in goal? I'm starting to think that all spurs keepers are cursed..... :XD
Actually I knew this was going to happen. Especially after the way Spurs dealt with Liverpool. That's the reason why Arsenal have been laughing at us for the last 45 years. The funny thing is Ramos got rid of Paul Robinson and brought in Gomez after seeing him over two legs in the UEFA Cup last season. The clown has cost us at least 5 games this so far.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Ronaldo is back to his best!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
England face germany today, and england have lost 3 starting defenders, 4 midfielders, and the two starting strikers. In fact only three players in the usual starting XI are expected to play. The whole situation is laughable. -_-;
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
What Imperium didn't know when he posted is that John Terry is fit enough to play. Its half time, England are 1-0 up and all over Germany.

Lets hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me....
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
There are some crazy things going down in Greece right now with some clubs, but everyone's been talking about Pablo Garcia punching Diogo during a game, sadly it looks like Olympiacos will win the league again. The irony is, now Diogo may actually want to stay in Greece till the end of the season in order to get some payback.
But on the plus side, Aek has the mafia president again, and Dusan Bajevic as the coach which always got great results, even through dirty tactics.
Also Greece - Italy 1-1!!! yay defensive football. Sadly I missed the match because I work 13 hours a day nowdays.. 7 days a week, that's my news.

Grats to Maradonna for his debut as coach.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Also Greece - Italy 1-1!!! yay defensive football. Sadly I missed the match because I work 13 hours a day nowdays.. 7 days a week, that's my news.
:O that's hardcore! I hope its temporary...

Portugal had a shameful 6-2 loss in Brazil. I feel like killing our left back Paulo Ferreira. At least 5 goals were created trough that free-way. We so need to find a decent one...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Portugal had a shameful 6-2 loss in Brazil. I feel like killing our left back Paulo Ferreira. At least 5 goals were created trough that free-way. We so need to find a decent one...[/QUOTE]

6-2!!!? i aint seen da match yet, im gonna c it nw...damn dats shameful...i woz happy bout england boi!!! great win, despite missing the majority of their regulars, the ones who came in did a good job...
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hahahaha, THAT was a good game.
Can't Dunga see that the team gets so better when it's not defensive? I mean, Anderson on the bench and Josué playing as regular is a bad joke
And though Mendes thinks that Pepe is a good midfielder he was completely owned by Robinho in our first goal :P

Also gratz to Maradona, i really hope he can suceed coaching
 

ksfst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
541
Reaction score
474
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I really didn't see that coming! When Portugal scored I was like "I knew it, of course we're going to lose, we can't even win against weak teams so how can we win against Portugal?"
I turned off my TV, some time later my friend told me "WOAAH, are you watching the game? Brazil is playing really well" I was like "No shit, stop kidding me", so yeah, when I turned on my TV I was like "WTF?!?! What's Cristiano Ronaldo doing? Why Portugal hasn't scored more goals?" yet I saw 3x1 Brazil, I was LOLOLOLOLOLOL
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, Pepe is a defender, not a midfielder, and we cant forget that he's a real madrid regular. Its just that the whole defense had the Christmas spirit too soon... and Robinho on top form wouldnt forgive that flaw... The thing is, Pepe had 1 flaw... Paulo Ferreira had f*ckin 4 flaws! On both Maicon and Elano's goals it was laughable. They had time to look into the area, to choose between an unblocked cross or an unblocked shot and then execute perfectly.

If I ever see P.Ferreira play as Portugal's left back I'll have to drink alot to handle it.
Then we have the amazing C.Ronaldo's show! Wohooo World's best player!......... If I didnt watch MU's games, I'd tell you that was impossible. He cant play in Portugal coz he thinks he's The superstar. Its Ronaldinho's syndrome, and it should be cured the same way as the brazilian. Put him in the bench, put him out of the nominees and he'll eventually start playing in our 11, and not in a 10+Ronaldo team. The sad but true thing here is that he was named captain instead.

If nothing is changed, I fear that Portugal will be out of the World Cup
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
YAA, England beat Germany nice. It was a pretty good game.


Well, you have to remember that it's been 10 years since France won the World Cup. Henry was in his early 20's at the time. Its a team of old men with little motivation and inexperienced youngsters. Brazil need to start developing defensive midfielders. They don't seem to be able to hold the ball in midfield like they used to.
they were just in the World Cup finals, I know Zidane and whoever left but still. I think Im just getting too old, the new generation in every sport are taking over
 
Last edited:

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
YAA, England beat Germany nice. It was a pretty good game.




they were just in the World Cup finals, I know Zidane and whoever left but still. I think Im just getting too old, the new generation in every sport are taking over


Yeah but they fluked their way to it. They struggled to get out of their group. They should have been exposed by Spain in the second round and got past a Brazil team lacking steel. They finally got it together in the semis against a Portuguese side which just doesn't convince me they can win anything only to got done over by the Italians.

I'm sure most of you have heard William Gallas bitching about the divisions in Arsenal's dressing room. Based on what he is supposed to have told BBC Sport I reckon its either Eboue or Adebayor
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It is me or am i the only one who thinks that england needs to start scoring from open play, more. But its a very good win, and shows we do have some solid back up.
I'm sure most of you have heard William Gallas bitching about the divisions in Arsenal's dressing room. Based on what he is supposed to have told BBC Sport I reckon its either Eboue or Adebayor
Ade is too young. Since the person is 25, its either sagna, Van persie or eboue. Out of those, my bet is on Van persie, he can really lash out and is the temperamental type. What is the motivation behind his rant, i wonder? althoughi doubt he will be stripped of his captaincy. Other than the fact that there are hardly any better choices (Cesc is too young, Clichy is too quiet, Toure is either unfit or on the bench, the rest are just not upto it), Wenger always sticks by his players and shows them a lot of loyalty so it will be intresting to see if he sticks by gallas after this.

Mendes said:
Well, Pepe is a defender, not a midfielder, and we cant forget that he's a real madrid regular.
The way madrid is leaking goals, thats hardly a compliment. :p

Edit: Bloggers and talksport are saying gallas has been dropped as captain. Nothing from the club yet. So it could be all bullocks.
 
Last edited:

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
A dutchman fighting with his team-mates? Surely not?

....

How did I miss Van Persie? I don't even think Eboue played against Spurs that night. Seriously Arsenal are starting to remind me of Chelsea pre-Abramovich. Able to screw over top of the table teams then fuck up against lower opposition. And that doesn't bode well. Although they had to deal with Leeds and Newcastle being good enough to finish in the top 4. I think it might be a bit too much for Aston Villa this season, but we'll see.

Portugal losing 6-2 to Brazil? Some of you might be aware of the curse of the World Cup Semi-finalists. Since 1986 one of the semi-finalist failed to get to the next tournament. France in 86 went out to West Germany, missed 90 and 94. England in 90 missed 94. Sweden in 94 missed 98. Holland in 98 missed 2002. And Turkey in 2002 missed 2006. My money was on France and I still feel they're the most vulnerable of the four. But Portugal are looking a possible bet as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top