Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
and they say there's a crisis
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Lohnt, Porto just hired the Argentinian Belluschi from Olympiakos. His name sounds familiar to me, but I don't think I ever saw him play. Is he good?
Not really. But if it's to replace the freezer made man known as LG, he'll do just fine.
 
Last edited:

krid77

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
France
They've just signed Gabriel Obertan from Bordeaux, dunno too much about him though...
He is in the French young squad. He often played Winger, he's very technical (as provocative as Cr. Ronaldo) and has a good acceleration but he is not very efficient and lacked playtime in Bordeaux (though he was on loan during the second part of the season).

Tevez moves to City, I read United was going to offer £25 million to transfer him...guess it was too late (plus they already sign Owen...).
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
So Carlitos went to where the money is eh? That's a shocker. And he suposedly had offers from Inter and Real Madrid. I can't see why anyone would be interested in a forward whose main virtue is "guts".
 

SparkHunter13

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
150
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
So Carlitos went to where the money is eh? That's a shocker. And he suposedly had offers from Inter and Real Madrid. I can't see why anyone would be interested in a forward whose main virtue is "guts".
"Carlitos"? Are we still talking about Tevez here? And clubs want to sign him because he's a very talented, hardworking player, worthy of a place in any squad.

Even though Inter and Real were interested, it's first team football that Tevez desires most. He was often a victim of squad rotation at United, he knows he'll start more games with City and earn a much higher wage than he otherwise would have at Inter or Real. So, despite the lack of Champions League football, I think he's made the right choice.

And who's next for City? Emmanuel Adebayor is the answer.
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
clubs want to sign him because he's a very talented, hardworking player, worthy of a place in any squad.
A striker who can't score isn't worthy of a place in any squad, and that's the case with Tevez playing for his national team. Hell, I think even in West Ham they had to wait for him like a year before he started scoring. But then again, maybe his hardworking attitude will be useful for a small team like Man City.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Tevez isn't even guranteed first team football though, there's only two places and city have bellamy, cruz and soon to be Adebayor, benjani if fit as well.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Its a matter of opinion, but I think Tevez is the only one of those who's 1st team football is assured. I guess we'll see.

Porto hired Falcão, a colombian striker with some interest on Europe.
Valeri is also a possibility (although I really don't know this one...) and Cissokho has another 15M€ offer from Lyon.
Dos anyone know Falcão (not the futsal genius :P) and Valeri?
 

Metal D. Reaper

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
No sorry never heard from that player but on the policy of Porto I think that it is really the only club of portugal who never had any economic difficulties not like Sporting and Benfica or other less popular clubs (setubal braga amadora boa vista) and so on.
But on the other hand Porto only takes less known players put them on the international scenes work them a little with some portugees technical football and some high season matches and then sell them because they have the talent.That pisses me off.
Why doens't Porto do like Sporting who picks player train them from kids to superstars and them sell them not for high prices but for High clubs where the player will envolve into the best players of the moment (Figo Cr. Ronaldo and Nani).Also Sporting which I support has a coach who sucks and doens't have the qualities of being a coach on the international scene.

btw===> Im portugees to (LONG LIVE SPORTING )
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Its a matter of opinion, but I think Tevez is the only one of those who's 1st team football is assured. I guess we'll see.

Porto hired Falcão, a colombian striker with some interest on Europe.
Valeri is also a possibility (although I really don't know this one...) and Cissokho has another 15M€ offer from Lyon.
Dos anyone know Falcão (not the futsal genius :P) and Valeri?
Falcao plays for River (Argentina), and Valeri for Lanús, also in Argentina. I don't like Falcao, he's another Tevez kind of player, a striker who doesn't score much. And Valeri is a right midfielder; he used to be pretty good, but after a series of injuries I haven't seen him perform consistenly well. If Porto is after Lanús players, I'm surprised they haven't tried to sign Blanco. He's a really good offensive midfielder, even played a couple of matches for the national team.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
No sorry never heard from that player but on the policy of Porto I think that it is really the only club of portugal who never had any economic difficulties not like Sporting and Benfica or other less popular clubs (setubal braga amadora boa vista) and so on.
But on the other hand Porto only takes less known players put them on the international scenes work them a little with some portugees technical football and some high season matches and then sell them because they have the talent.That pisses me off.
Why doens't Porto do like Sporting who picks player train them from kids to superstars and them sell them not for high prices but for High clubs where the player will envolve into the best players of the moment (Figo Cr. Ronaldo and Nani).Also Sporting which I support has a coach who sucks and doens't have the qualities of being a coach on the international scene.

btw===> Im portugees to (LONG LIVE SPORTING )
I thought every Sporting fan loved their coach Paulo Bento... some treat him as a god because of his popular press conferences. Anyway, I don't think he's ready to be a 1st team coach.

About Porto's transfer policy, its better than Sporting's whether you like it or not. As you said, the fact that Porto's the only club not facing economy trouble in Portugal is because of that policy and its success.
As you mentioned, Porto buys unknown players with some talent and makes them better and far more expensive. Sporting keeps selling their greatest academy products for too low prices and as soon as they walk away, they become better trained and world class players. Just wait and see Moutinho go to Real Madrid for even less than his release clause of 20M€ and next year he'll be one of the world's best players :P


Falcao plays for River (Argentina), and Valeri for Lanús, also in Argentina. I don't like Falcao, he's another Tevez kind of player, a striker who doesn't score much. And Valeri is a right midfielder; he used to be pretty good, but after a series of injuries I haven't seen him perform consistenly well. If Porto is after Lanús players, I'm surprised they haven't tried to sign Blanco. He's a really good offensive midfielder, even played a couple of matches for the national team.
I dunno, Lisandro Lopez was also the kind of player Tevez is and after a 1st season where he rarely scored, he adapted to our league and became a great goal scorer. I like our coach Jesualdo Ferreira's training methods. He seems to take the best of the players out and I really hope Falcao can replace Lisandro in the long run. Valeri and Belluschi are supposed to fill in for Lucho Gonzalez, and for what I heard here they both are in bad shape, but the quality's there.


Jonathan Pereira (7), Joseba Llorente (4), Marcos Ruben (4), Escudero (3), Pires (2), Fuster (2), Montero (2), Marcos (1), Cani (1) e Matilla (1).

This is the number of goals scored each in... 1 match. Vilarreal won 27(!!!) - 0 against a 3rd division team... omg!
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
45 million + Eto'o + Hleb loan = Ibrahimovic?

I dunno, I like Ibra's style and all, but it seems a bit too much.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Owen two goals in two matches, can easily score more goals than Tevez. Also I don't like how Tevez is bad mouthing Fergie, Ferguson is loved by the fans greater than Tevez was. He's a legend.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I went to watch both man utd game against Malaysia. It was awesome!!! The ticket was not cheap mind you but it was well worth it! Owen looked really good in that game and not to mention Macheda. I think Macheda will be the next rooney......
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Benzema is starting to pay off... I don´t like him, but that was a show! 1 shot to the post, 1 amazing acrobatic shot to the upper corner (defended) and 1 great goal. Spanish league will be on fire next season with this Real and with Barça with Ibra.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Macheda if all goes well should be a Utd star in the future, he's still 17/18 yet he's very tall and pacey. I think he'll be the future Italian striker as well.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Let's just hope when he does become a star, Real Madrid does not steal him from Man Utd.....
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Benzema is worth all the money, I was extremely satisfied with his attacks when Barca played Lyon, and now on this Real Madrid, he will definitely win a golden shoe or 2 within the next 6 years.

As for Ibra.. yes he's worth it all. My gooooooood. Ch. League winner Barca with Messi, Ibra and Henry? Are you nuts? This is fantasy football + cheats.
Honestly.. my god, it seems like the only way Barca could have gotten better is with an Ibra/Torres and now they have him.
All they need now is Fabregas and I would freeze this squad as the greatest in history. Does Spain host All-star games? If they have one I would die to watch it.

As for Manchester City, I give them credit for their balls, but they're going to need far better coaching.. and maybe a couple more world-class defenders. But rather than going after big names, I would go to strong defensive countries like the balkans and get unknown cheap (over 10 mill) defenders from there. Maybe the brothers Toure as well..
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Its not like Ibra isnt worth the 40M€, is that he may not reveal as worth as Eto'o. Honestly it'll be very tough for Zlatan to fill in the role of Eto'o in Barça. And I'm a Ibrahimagic maniac
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I think it will be tougher for Eto'o in Inter, at least the first year. The italian defenses are in general more solid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top