Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For all those that like the Man U, represent!!!!!! And I like since Becks so don't say I'm some bandwagon b!atch
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I do think we have a very good team. We don't have so much options as Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France or England, but I rate the 1st team as very good/world class. Our defense is one of the best in the world imo, except for the left back. The midfield has Deco as the most known, but we have alot of very talented midfielders like J.Moutinho, Tiago, M.Veloso and Raul Meireles when he's in shape. The wingers aint in their best form, but Ronaldo, Nani and Simão are excellent players. Quaresma is one of the most talented players I've seen, but he can't play in Italy... I hope he joins another club in another league soon. The striker position has now Liedson, which has been one of the best strikers Sporting CP has ever had.

The fact is, Portugal has been in the latest stages in the big competitions, because we are good against attacking teams that open up spaces as they attack. With out solid defense, we usually get to the latest stages without conceding much goals, but the problem has always been the striker that we Didnt have (now we do!). Against teams that go into a defensive approach from the start, we struggle to score and we had three consecutive 0-0 results in this campaign... Denmark and Sweden have been kinda lucky imo, and this explains our sad position in the qualifyers.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
What of carlos Queiroz? I would of expected more blame to be attached to him.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What of carlos Queiroz? I would of expected more blame to be attached to him.
He's got supporters and critics, by 50-50. I personally wanted him to come, but I'm disappointed with some of his choices. Tho worst being Ronaldo assigned as captain...
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Personally I'm a fan of Moutinho, I think you have a lot of talent, but it may be time to get a more defensively oriented coach in order to excel at counterattacks based on your amazing attacking midfielders.

Aaanyway, good matches in Uefa, but before I go on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vtjf4SWr2E
I AM SCARED SHITLESS, LIVERPOOL HAS THE TREBLE, SO HAS MOSES SPOKEN!

/end of awesomeness.

Real was enjoyable tonight, I was happy to see Kaka and Cristiano performing where they ought to be. I am disappointed Kaka isn't getting more scoring opportunities, but in general, it's nice to see the team chemistry improving.

Bayern was steady and masterful as usual, Muller has a great future ahead of him, he really lucked out with Tony's drama queen act.

Apoel was very impressive, I enjoyed the show they provided last season, but the match against Atletico, my god, goalkeepers really need a different standard of being judged, Chiotis is class. I remember when he use to play for AEK, he really has some amazing games, I'm not trying to compare him to Cech, but Casillas lately, compared to Chiotis' game tonight.. I find it disrespectful to good goalkeepers to call players like Casillas world's greatest.

I await Lyon, Liverpool victories and Olympiacos's loss tommorow.
I'll explain why I'm sure they'll lose after the result
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Apoel was very impressive, I enjoyed the show they provided last season, but the match against Atletico, my god, goalkeepers really need a different standard of being judged, Chiotis is class. I remember when he use to play for AEK, he really has some amazing games, I'm not trying to compare him to Cech, but Casillas lately, compared to Chiotis' game tonight.. I find it disrespectful to good goalkeepers to call players like Casillas world's greatest.
You're comparing players for one match? So because of a string of bad matches Casillas is a mediocre goalkeeper despite all his years of good and consistent performances? I don't think so.

And in case you haven't noticed, a third rate team's goalkeeper has a lot more chances to show his skill per match.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I'm not comparing players for one match.. like you state yourself "string of bad matches."
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Anyone watch Inter-Barça? It's clear that Barça is the best team in the world right now but it's also true that Inter has a very new team. Most players have only played a couple of matches together. I think Inter has a good chance of going far in this Champions League.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Braca are the best team in terms of flair and passing etc, but they can be beat. Chelsea for example I think are the perfect counter to Barca.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, I saw many games of the CL and the EL, but what really impressed me is how Roma has been playing shit-like for a loooong time now. I thought it was the coach's fault, but i suppose it isn't, unless Ranieri is as bad as Spaletti, so I just dunno, they're really in bad shape.
And Basel fans are awesome.

ps: Poor Materazzi... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMp_V2it80
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Barsa should've won by 2 or 3 the other day.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
City vs United was a crazy match! Even tough the result was fair, I can really see Man City fight for the top positions in the league
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Ryan Giggs what a legend, he is our Maldini, MOTM IMO. Pure class. Great Match.
 

jrodrick4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hi everyone,

I'm jack.
I love to watch the Soccer.
My favourite team is Manchester United. I saw the match United Vs City last sunday.
It was too good. Fletcher did good. Owen did wining goal in the last minute.:)
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
This Barcelona is the closest thing I've seen to a perfect team. Except for Valdés...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
They don't have the perfect defense.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
They don't have the perfect defense.
You may be right, but I don't see much defenses stronger than Barça's. Maybe some national teams and Chelsea. Milan has a tough one too. Pique is starting to become a monster defender. And in an all-attack team like Barça, he's starting to score alot of goals and go forward to increase their attack numbers. Barça's weakness in defense is not the player's quality, but their forward runs in the entire match. Then again, a team that scores 5 goals can concede 2 or 3 some times
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Yeah it sucked that Utd sold Pique but I think it would have been unfair to keep him without guaranteeing he would be in the first team or there abouts, which he should be doing.

I think our defense when fully fit, is the best :p

Van Der
Vidic
Ferdinand
neville/oshea

I know people will say he conceded 2 goals against Barca an 3 against City but in both games Ferdinand only just came back from an injury.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think our defense when fully fit, is the best :p

Van Der
Vidic
Ferdinand
neville/oshea

I know people will say he conceded 2 goals against Barca an 3 against City but in both games Ferdinand only just came back from an injury.
I'd be more concerned over Neville/Oshea and I personally don't like Vidic.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I'd be more concerned over Neville/Oshea and I personally don't like Vidic.
Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world, and yes our right side is our weakness, but I think both are solid defensively usually or at least Oshea at recent times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top