Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuke_Kai_92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
England
Glory hunting is the worst lol. They only like the team because they can win trophies. Supporting a team is going to some of their matches, and knowing about their team. When you go to watch the match, your money goes towards the team, buying football kits, thats what i call supporting. :p .

You really like Chelsea more then Liver? Damn.. by the way, you good at playin' football? lol . Might as well ask you that. XD

Dude, the video that you sent . I didn't even understand what was happenin' in the game. :| First, I couldnt understand at what they were saying and I just didnt get what happened.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I like playing football but I definitely suck at it ;P

In the video, you can see the kid (those kids sending the balls back in when they get off the field, I dunno how to call them in English :/ ) going inside the field and scoring a goal. It would have been nothing more than a fun moment in the game, except that the referee, supported by her assistant referees, validated the goal xD that made it hilarious! Simply impossible :P

Speaking of impossible things, Bayern is loosing 4-0 with the ultimate underdogs of the UEFA cup, Zenit.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Hahaha, i saw the result. Good match, more attacking play then the United v Barcelona (this time both teams went foward :p). As for the uefa cup, i just realized its a brititsh in the final too. I wonder if uefa would consider that a double :headscratch

Ooooooooooooo man..I wanted Liverpool to win! I hate Chelsea so much, they dont deserve anything man. Liverpool were so close, Ryan Babel's goal gave some hope but there were only like 4 mins left till the extra time had finished. :( Most of the Chelsea fans are all glory hunters, hate them a lot. The final would have been much better with MU and Liver
You like livepool o_o ? You must be the only United fan in the country who would say that. >_> Even if Chelsea has taken the spot as the most hated football club in england, they have supporters who are not all glory hunter, (in fact some of them hate the way the club is going :P). But anyway Chelsea played better than liverpool and they deserved the result. They've been playing good since they beat United. Altough United v Liverpool would have defintely been a good final...urmm..with a good atmosphere >.<. Moscow would probably have been left in ruins, english hooliganism at its very highest. :p
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
That's one thing I never understood about English famous hooliganism. I mean, in the premier league matches you can see the crowd so near the pitch without anything between them and the players and there's never anything else from the crowd than fair play even towards opponent players. In almost any other country, you can see the crowd throwing bottles or anything they got to throw to the players who try to take a corner kick... I dont understand the why of the hooligan acts in England then...
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
That's one thing I never understood about English famous hooliganism. I mean, in the premier league matches you can see the crowd so near the pitch without anything between them and the players and there's never anything else from the crowd than fair play even towards opponent players. In almost any other country, you can see the crowd throwing bottles or anything they got to throw to the players who try to take a corner kick... I dont understand the why of the hooligan acts in England then...
Not in the matches themselves, their is too much of a police presence, and if a person is caught they will be banned for life, they usually will just shout insults at each other, or chant...you can hear the chants on tv in fact. The FA is strict here with holiganism in matches (not saying their is not any) but that its been reduced since the hillsborough disaster. And besides they dont fight in the match but outside. In all most every match their is a fight, but it goes crazy when their is a derby, full-scale riots. >_> The police usually get it under control in the end, though. For example, i live in birmingham, and two clubs here, villa and birmingham city have something called the second-city derby. I was just in the area when they were having the match, it ended 2-1 to villa, and then all hell broke loose (They won at birminghams stadium...). The birmingham fans started to throw anythiong the could get their hands on (i.e. Bricks, bottles etc) at the police (and the villa supporters >.>). Took a couple of hours and about 100 riot officers to get them to stop. And that is a normal derby, their are some much worse ones. Like Liverpool - United, Arsenal - spuds. Now those matches are crazy. :oh
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I still find it hard to believe the behavior of the supporters change that drastically from the inside to the outside of the stadium. The english stadiums allow the people in the stadium to get really close to the players and I've never seen any problem with that in the premier league. In Spain, there's the ultimate rivalry between Barça and Real Madrid, where the Barça supporters would literally kill Figo if they had the chance, the same way as Madrid's fans would do the same to Luis Enrique (Figo refused to take a corner kick when he was playing in Camp Now, due to the constant objects thrown to the pitch). In England people actually respect the 1minute silence, whoever the tribute is to, and that's unique in the leagues I watch... In Portugal the incidents with supporters are due to lack of police security. Its unbelievable that very-lights are thrown at the pitch by the ultras in many classic games. I hail british police if they are really responsible for the control of the supporters inside the stadium.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Oh, no im not saying they dont hate each other. Just that they dont fight inside the stadium. When english clubs were kicked out of europe, uefa told the Fa to get their act together. You'll be caught if you do some of the stuff they do in spain (Pigs head anyone? ) sent to prison for a pretty long time, be banned from all stadiums, and your club will get a huge fine. Its enough of an incentive, for people not to go off throwing things at the players. The firms just do their buisness outside the stadium. As for the silences...not always, only sometimes. >_> If its for someone respected everywhere, then they might shut up. But if its not someone big, they dont really care. The people who fight though are usually the firms. The rest just get drunk and do stupid stuff. :p

But the 80's and early 90's we were the worst hooligans in the world. Thats what got us kicked out of european tournaments like the CL.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The rest just get drunk and do stupid stuff. :p
Lol! Is there a part 2? :P

But I'm impressed with the FA measures. Its really effective and perhaps it should be imposed among every competition in Europe. There's still a problem. The games in the lower divisions (at least in Portugal) aren't covered by TV stations, so there shouldnt be any images to prove hooliganism behavior in those matches. Usually teams in lower divisions don't have enough supporters to start a riot, but sometimes well supported teams get to those divisions (like corinthians, vitoria de guimaraes, juventus, fiorentina) and I may be wrong, but in England there must be alot of fan support on some historic teams who are in terrible positions right now, like QPR, Crystal Palace, and so on, or wouldnt it be the league with more different winners in history that I know.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Lol! Is there a part 2? :P
Dont know, btw what are they saying in portoguese? Im guessing they dont realize what the lads are saying or they would be more shocked. :XD

But I'm impressed with the FA measures. Its really effective and perhaps it should be imposed among every competition in Europe. There's still a problem. The games in the lower divisions (at least in Portugal) aren't covered by TV stations, so there shouldnt be any images to prove hooliganism behavior in those matches. Usually teams in lower divisions don't have enough supporters to start a riot, but sometimes well supported teams get to those divisions (like corinthians, vitoria de guimaraes, juventus, fiorentina) and I may be wrong, but in England there must be alot of fan support on some historic teams who are in terrible positions right now, like QPR, Crystal Palace, and so on, or wouldnt it be the league with more different winners in history that I know.
The Championship matches are recorded, highlights are shown on tv over here, and im sure the same goes for league 1 & 2 etc. Their are high attendances in the lower leagues, more than people think. Every stadium in england has CCTV camera's, watching the crowds every move. Forget football, we are europe's most watched country. There are probably camera's in our public toilets for all we know. >_> If people start trouble, they will be seen...

Though when england goes to major matches...thats usually when things turn nasty. I still remeber the 2006 WC were england supporters were getting into fights with german because fans were singing Ten german bomber (and other WW2/hitler related songs) EVERYWHERE. XD
 
Last edited:

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Dont know, btw what are they saying in portoguese? Im guessing they dont realize what the lads are saying or they would be more shocked. :XD
As far as I can tell, they're not shocked at all :P


"ladointerativo (3 weeks ago)
Isso mesmo!! Vocês em SP se juntem pra quebrar essas bichas que metem medo lá na Europa, mas que aqui vão virar cagões.

No RS, quebraremos esses troxas se eles vierem aqui! Assim como farão as torcidas no Rio, em Minas, no Nordeste e em Goiás. Eles dizem que vão trazer 100 mil vândalos... somos 190 milhões... Vai ser barbada! "

translating:

That's right!! You join in Sao Paulo to break those fags who are scary in Eurpope, but in here would turn scaredy-cats.

Then he speaks of lots of dangerous supporters in lots of Brazilian citys who would gladly join. In general, his argument is based on numbers, coz English cant match in numbers the overwhelming population in Brazil who supports their football nation. Its like: You have 100 thousand hooligans, guess what, we have 190 Millions :/ that should be fun!

Well, Brazil isnt properly a safe place. Its one of the best reasons Brazilian players want desperately go to Europe is the safety. There's lots of tales of football players who were threated or injured by over-fanatic supporters or even having their family abducted. If we're talking about security outside the stadium, I would far rather being in Liverpool, after a Everton vs Liverpool then being in S.Paulo after a Flamengo vs S.Paulo

Then again, security in England keeps surprising me. I guess you guys are over-secured with that much taping. There should be limits -_-
 

Sasuke_Kai_92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
England
Out of Champions League talk lol. Who saw the Rangers v Floentina match? I know i must be sad but..i gotta admit, it was a good match. XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Didnt see it, but I was expecting a final between Bayern and Fio... I was really surprised with the turns of events in UEFA cup.

I just saw that Real Madrid got themselves the title in a game that shouldnt have been watched by people with heart problems. Cannavaro got expelled on '80, then Osasuna scores at 83', then Madrid scores t 87' and 89' with Robben and Higuain.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Flamini is off to Ac milan. Which is a shame since we have to now look for a new defensive midfielder. But before i go on about that I was actually hoping he might stay, a combination of loyalty to the club and the chance to get improve more, i thought should have been enough incentive. But alas, money won over. And i wont be surprised to see if he continues the "arsenal" jinx (i.e. the big players that leave arsenal are never able to regain their best e.g. Henry, reyes, viera, petit, cole, pires, campbell, lauren, ljungberg etc). But i shall stop being bitter, hope he does well at milan and doesnt end up like Ba Ibrahim or something. >_>;

Now to who could replace him, the tabloids have been busy. We've been linked to Jean Makoun, Veloso, some wayward souls are also suggesting gattuso. The last one, i would eat my left foot if it came true, i dont think wenger ever bought a player aged 30+ (That wasnt a keeper >.>). I hope its going to be a relatively small name that makes a real big impact. Or maybe one of the kids might fill his shoes, afterall they were'nt very big shoes. :p

And the premier league going down to the wire. The last day will decide who is champion, quite exciting for the neutrals. :p

Lastly the championship sides that have been promoted are West bromwich albion (:woo), stoke city and the winner of the playoffs.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
In my opinion, Flamini was stupid to go to AC Milan....he was getting first team football at Arsenal. I believe he won't be getting much first team football at AC Milan since the competition for place at AC Milan especially in center midfield is high..... well at least he'll be getting a lot of money for sitting on the bench.... :XD

the last day will be exciting for the neutrals but not for the Man utd and Chelsea fans...... I am confident that united will beat wigan... but united have lost the championship on the last day before... hopefully history does not repeat itself......
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
the last day will be exciting for the neutrals but not for the Man utd and Chelsea fans...... I am confident that united will beat wigan... but united have lost the championship on the last day before... hopefully history does not repeat itself......
Ill just go and dent that confidence. Wigan share their home ground with their rugby team. And the pitch is a living disaster. Passes easily goes wayward, its hard for a passing-style team to play there. Their are bumps, holes and all other horrors on the pitch. Its not like Trafford were everything is nice and shiny. And to add that their not a bad team themselves.

But steve bruce is an ex-united player and old pals with Fergie....*hint, hint, nudge, nudge* :p
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Ill just go and dent that confidence. Wigan share their home ground with their rugby team. And the pitch is a living disaster. Passes easily goes wayward, its hard for a passing-style team to play there. Their are bumps, holes and all other horrors on the pitch. Its not like Trafford were everything is nice and shiny. And to add that their not a bad team themselves.
Thanks... I really needed that.... :notrust

But steve bruce is an ex-united player and old pals with Fergie....*hint, hint, nudge, nudge* :p
yeah. that's what friends are for.... :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
We dont have that problem here since the rugby is pretty much inexistent here, but Wigan sure is a good team. I can see them holding united even in such a critical time for MU ( sorry Epul :P). I was actually expecting Chelsea to loose the title shot in St James, but I was impressed with the result there. If Chelsea actually wins the premier league And the champions league... I wonder how big would Mourinho's head grow like. (I still want him in Inter, specially after watching Milan-Inter)

As for flamini's replacement, gattuso seems impossible for so many reasons. I think Veloso would probably be the most perfect candidate among those I know. Moutinho is the best in Sporting CP, but he plays more like an attacking midfielder. I think Arsenal could try some young yet already renowned players, like Yaya Toure or Keitá if possible
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
If Chelsea actually wins the premier league And the champions league... I wonder how big would Mourinho's head grow like. (I still want him in Inter, specially after watching Milan-Inter)
You mean how much his head will shirnk. God knows he already has a big head. >.>

As for flamini's replacement, gattuso seems impossible for so many reasons. I think Veloso would probably be the most perfect candidate among those I know. Moutinho is the best in Sporting CP, but he plays more like an attacking midfielder. I think Arsenal could try some young yet already renowned players, like Yaya Toure or Keitá if possible
We trialed yaya toure and eboue at the same time. Apparently Wenger chose eboue at the time. He is regretting it now >.>. But the thing about getting Moutiniho or Veloso is that it would at least take them a season to settle in. The pace and power of the english game is the problem with getting players from other leagues, most cant hack it when they first come (which is why a lot of players who come to the EPL dont live up to their reputations in the first couple of seasons). So unless veloso or moutinho can hack it, they would be a no-no since we will need a replacement as soon aa possible. Im thinking maybe diaby might be put in that role, he has the "viera" air about him. :p
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You mean how much his head will shirnk. God knows he already has a big head. >.>
Interesting, we use the same expression in a paradoxal way

Its also possible that moutinho or veloso would need some time of adaptation, but every player you'd buy outside the league would need it. And most portuguese players in premier league have found themselves a huge stage for their football. Moutinho is one of the players I like the most. He's young but experienced in football, since he plays for sporting's 1st team since 17 (reminds of fabregas :P) and since he started playing he's been incontestable no1 in sporting's midfield. Now he's the captain already and stamina wont be a problem for him, since he plays every game

Porto will have a huge trouble in finding players to replace the ones we have now. In last game we lost 3-0 at home with Nacional. Just so you can see, up till now we had only suffered 2 goals at home, and in this game we got 3... And we were playing with the best team. Its obvious to me some players only have in mind what club will they go to next season (Quaresma must be thinking already what his shirt number will be, looking as how he was trying to dribble 11 players, 2 times each... )


Sven-Goran Eriksson is being approached by Benfica, but the deal is only going forward if Eriksson is fired from City, which makes me thinking... why would city fire Eriksson. And even if they do, why would Eriksson want to go to Benfica, with so many important clubs in Europe about to loose coaches and in Euro Cup time, where many Nations will most likely fire their coach if the bad results show up in the cup.

The only good thing about this is that City is trying to buy Scolari, Portugal's coach. Its one of the things I've been looking forward is to get rid of him. I may swallow this words, but if that happened, Portugal would have won the Euro Cup, and I kinda doubt it.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Sven-Goran Eriksson is being approached by Benfica, but the deal is only going forward if Eriksson is fired from City, which makes me thinking... why would city fire Eriksson. And even if they do, why would Eriksson want to go to Benfica, with so many important clubs in Europe about to loose coaches and in Euro Cup time, where many Nations will most likely fire their coach if the bad results show up in the cup.

The only good thing about this is that City is trying to buy Scolari, Portugal's coach. Its one of the things I've been looking forward is to get rid of him. I may swallow this words, but if that happened, Portugal would have won the Euro Cup, and I kinda doubt it.
City is owned by Thaksin sinawtra, and i would eat my left hand if he knows anything about football. Sven in his first season has done the double over united and has taken a team which for the past couple of season was in relegation battles to a top 10 finish. And he had less than a month to organize the team before the season started. He has done wonders, but the owner doesnt seem to be happy. I think he wants to do an abramovic. The premier league is seriously becoming a joke with all these owners firing managers on whims.


I think the scolari think is just rumours, but why dont you like him? He got portugal to a Euro final, he's done a good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top