Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What is true is that we won 3-1 and, once again, we're showing our credentials to win the cup this year.

Have you guys heard? Scolari in Chelsea after the Euro Cup... lol, this kind if new should have been delayed till the Euro actually ended... it may have an adverse effect on the players i guess


You better take that back...Wait it too late, cause portugal just whop the czech ass, 3-1.
lol you beat me to it :P
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Why is the convo split into 2 topics, I don't really get the point at this point, may as well just merge them.

Btw, congrats Mendes, CR has finally woken up in the tournament, and Deco was seriously impressive. I mean he's a huge player and all, but I thought he was no longer at his prime, guess I was wrong.
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Looks like I'll have to call Luis Felipe "te cago a trompadinhas" Scolari as Lewis Philip from now on :XD And about his 10 million salary I say: good for you Felipao :thumbs

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that it's blatantly obvious that Abramovic and his henchmen are laundring the big bucks in Chelsea? I mean, they've had a 250 million loss since they started managing the club, and they stlill spend money like there's no tomorrow.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
One thread is just for the euro's while this one is for everything else to do with football i guess. :D It will be intresting to see what scolari can do with chelsea. He hasnt coached a club for 7 years (?).

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that it's blatantly obvious that Abramovic and his henchmen are laundring the big bucks in Chelsea? I mean, they've had a 250 million loss since they started managing the club, and they stlill spend money like there's no tomorrow.
Hahaha maybe he is. You know, as you said he hasnt profited since he came, which makes me think he is either going to slow down the spending or just leave chelsea (and let them go back to being a mid table club). But chelsea owe him back all that money which they say is not debt but uefa disagree. In fact, platini was moaning about the amount of debt United and chelsea owe (united having the larger debt, though) not long ago.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
did anyone watch the Switz-Turkey match, it was ridiculous, Turkey got luckey on 2 goals. The first one the goalie blocked it but because the ball was wet and spinning so fast it deflected off the goalies hands and into the goal. The second one was in the 92nd min, I'm guessing it was their striker who kicked it towards the goal and it hit the leg of a Swtiz player who was jumping in the air to tey to stop it and ended up bending the ball right into thenet. Because of that goal in the 92nd min the Swiftz have been eliminated
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, that's football for you... Switzerland actually played a good and positive football, but they were unlucky and somehow, inexperienced. I want to see good things from the switz in the upcoming qualifyers.

Germany lost 2-1 with Croatia... that's bad for us. This will most likely put Portugal and Germany in the quarterfinals. For an impartial fan's view, this could be awesome. For me, its one of the worst opponents we could face, on pair with Italy and Spain. Well, I'm confident with our exhibitions so far and I think we're favorites.

As for Scolari leaving to Chelsea, well, I never liked the guy, but this shouldnt have been announced publicly in the middle of the Euro. This may affect some players, for the worse... I dont like this side of Scolari. 1st he hits Dragutinovic and denies it; seconds later he apologizes for hitting him :/ Now he announces he's leaving the nation after the Euro, where we're showing credits and favoritism... I'd clearly wait for the end of the Cup to announce something like this...
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
wow france are done for. they just lost to Dutch, 4-1
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
As for Scolari leaving to Chelsea, well, I never liked the guy, but this shouldnt have been announced publicly in the middle of the Euro. This may affect some players, for the worse... I dont like this side of Scolari. 1st he hits Dragutinovic and denies it; seconds later he apologizes for hitting him :/ Now he announces he's leaving the nation after the Euro, where we're showing credits and favoritism... I'd clearly wait for the end of the Cup to announce something like this...
Maybe it's England's payback for Rooney's red card =p Drop Portugal's psychology a little. Make some drama, since without Figo Christiano has no one to fight with.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Holland is playing superb football! I love watching them in action and their record in this Euro is amazing. If they decide to spare players and end up loosing with Romenia, then my comparison with Euro 2000 turns real :P

Today its Spain vs Sweeden. Lets see if Spain still look shinny in the 2nd match. I expect Spain to be favorites, but they usually have that characteristic of loosing when they're less expected to.
If Greece wants to go trough the quarter finals they have no option but to win against Russia, and the same applies to the Russians. Its really hard to find an outsider in this group
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
It doesn't really matter, even if we win, we have to win against Spain as well, which.. historically at least (aside from favorites) we don't do so well (in both basketball and football). And even if Greece wins they face Holland.. and they kind of raped us in the prelimenaries of the Mundial 2006..

I dunno, I don't really have high hopes in general, but I was hoping we would make it to the 8.. maybe even 4, but that's just blind & silly patriotism XD
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Spain won 2-1 against Sweden and Greece got eliminated against Russia 1-0, Both games were fun to watch, there was some pretty awesome goals.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I saw spain vs sweden, but it was boooring... at least after watching holland vs france and italy vs romenia yesterday
Spain had to sweat a Lot to win this, and they scored at 92'
In the 1st half it was Spain vs Zlatan, but the prodigy striker left the game at the break for some reason and sweden never smelled the goal again
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
that was a bad defense by sweden to allow David Villa to score that goal. Also Greece are done.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I know no one cares about U.S. soccer but after the Turk game on ESPN, they played a 2010 World Cup qualifications match between U.S. and Barbados(dont even know where that is), the U.S. scored 3 goals in first 19 min, one was in the 1st min. The U.S. probably think their badass right now.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I know no one cares about U.S. soccer but after the Turk game on ESPN, they played a 2010 World Cup qualifications match between U.S. and Barbados(dont even know where that is), the U.S. scored 3 goals in first 19 min, one was in the 1st min. The U.S. probably think their badass right now.
And Brazil has just lost to Paraguay. The new Brazil team sucks, and so does its coach. -________________________-
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^I like the new sig and avatar, blue is one of colors.

how fuuny would that be if Brazil doesnt make it to the World Cup, I highly doubt it would happen though. Also did Ronaldinho play or no.


Usa won 8-0. I know Usa sucks but 8 goals in one game is pretty nuts
 
Last edited:

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Ah I forgot, it wasn't a World Cup qualification game, but a Olympic games one.. :p
We usually suck at Olympic games...funny isn't it? 5 times world champion, and not even one gold medal! :p

This team is terrible...no Kaka and no Ronaldinho :/ At least Robinho is playing, but he isn't enough to save the team ;/
 
Last edited:

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I dont think Brazil can comply on lack of talented players. Imo, its the opposite. Too many overtalented players usually leads to disaster unless you have a discipline machine as a coach, which you dont. Scolari had that characteristic and he led Brazil to the title in 2002, but Dunga doesnt seem fit for the role...
I think that's the reason Brazil does so well in the Copa America. Usually in that competition, the players that play in the greatest European clubs arent in the nominees for Brazil and the team actually plays better and usually win that cup.
Who do you see fit to train the Brazilian squad, Agrias? I feel like for some reason in Brazil the choice is always a Brazilian coach... why isnt a foreign coach considered? Almost every coach would like to train Brazil, but whenever I ask to a Brazilian who they'd like to train your squad they always point out Zico, Scolari, Luxemburgo... wouldnt it be worth a try an European coach, like Lippi, Rijkaard, Eriksson, Basten, etc?
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Who do you see fit to train the Brazilian squad, Agrias? I feel like for some reason in Brazil the choice is always a Brazilian coach... why isnt a foreign coach considered? Almost every coach would like to train Brazil, but whenever I ask to a Brazilian who they'd like to train your squad they always point out Zico, Scolari, Luxemburgo... wouldnt it be worth a try an European coach, like Lippi, Rijkaard, Eriksson, Basten, etc?
The idea of having a foreign coach for the national squad sounds...completely unlikely, impossible xD
I don't think this has even been considered...I guess it's due to our national soccer pride....or maybe just we aren't used to this situation, I myself had never even thought about this possibility. ^^;

I don't even imagine how people would react, seriously. CBF - the soccer federation - is the one who chooses the coaches, and I know nothing of their methods.

Who do do I see fit for the job? I really make no idea. Better ask the guys. xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top