The Fusawashii Kyuuri thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Fusawashii Kyuuri thread

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
G'day. I'm Fusawashii Kyuuri. I was introduced here by Gold Knight.

A bit about myself: I'm from Australia, which means when you guys in the States are asleep I'll be awake and vice versa. I'm a university student studying Japanese. Favourite manga is Tsubasa by CLAMP at the moment. I play some PS2 games too, but haven't been in the mood lately.

Recently I've began translating Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and XXXHolic manga as they come out. I can translate from Japanese to English or Chinse to English. Depends on which scans leak out first, I'll translate whichever to English at Tsubasa Forum. From now on I'll post up the translations here at MH too. My translation is alright I suppose but I'm nowhere near good yet. So I'll be grateful if any other translators can help me out when I'm stuck. Of course, I'll help out others whenever I can too.

I just thought if I made the thread title "The FK thread", that would've look like it's got swearing words in it. :darn

では、皆さん、よろしくお願いします。 私は全然面白くない。。。ごめん>_<
もうそろそろ寝る時間ですね。。。 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello FK :amuse (I'll stick to calling you FK) Welcome to MangaHelpers! I'm happy to have another translator joining us. I'm not a translator though :sweat So you're an Australian. We have a couple of mods who are Aussies too: Raine_Joybringer and Kadoman, who is female :XD I apologize to anyone I missed. How did you find MH?

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
Reaction score
Hello Ayah, nice to meet you :) You must like Ayashi no Ceres by the looks of it. Just guessing from your username and avatar. I've read that series and really liked it.

It's fine to call me FK, it's shorter. I tend to use abbreviations too. Gold Knight invited me to join Manga Helpers. Since I enjoy translating (when I'm not forced to do it), I thought I'll just check out this place.

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hellow you =)
Even I dont read TRC its good to have translators here dedicated to one of a really loved manga here =)
Hope you enjoy your time here^^

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow, you're an Ayashi no Ceres fan too! (I like Ceres more than Aya though). I chose my username before I changed my avatar to Ceres; it's almost 3 weeks in use now. I haven't really tried Watase Yuu's other works aside from Fushigi Yuugi (not Genbu Kaiden) but I heard AnC is one of the better ones.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Reaver Reload is also an awesome Australian here <3 He's a great colorist.

Welcome to MH, FK! I was wondering if I should read xxxHolic. I've actually never heard of it until you mentioned it.

Suzuki

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
MHへようこそ!

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
Reaction score
Ayah: I like other Watase's work too. Like FY, Imadok, Alice 19, just to name a few. I was reading FY Genbu Kaidan but kind of stopped for various reason (not because I don't like it)^^; May be I can find some raw scans here?

GK: XXXHolic is a great manga in my opinion. It's not everyone's cup of tea of course. It's got elements such as supernatural, suspense and darkness. Some people think it's just too weird. But I love the weird part of it.

Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Welcome to Manga Helpers! =D

Tsubasa is one of my favorite mangas at the moment so when GK said that he was able to find a dedicated translator I was soooo happy!

I also keep up with xxxHolic as well. I was not to sure about it first but the series has really grown on me and I look forward to the chapter releases.

Random Question Time!

1. Do you have a favorite character in Tsubasa, xxxHolic?
2. What do you think about the current Tsubasa arc? Like it, Love it, Hate it?
3. Favorite color

:hbunny

Suzuki

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which came first: The chicken or the egg?

Kratos

Reaction score
how old are you? :p

what do you do in your free time?

what you wana be in life?

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
We have created a new Tsubasa section here.

:amuse

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
Reaction score
Tamerlane said:
Random Question Time!

1. Do you have a favorite character in Tsubasa, xxxHolic?
2. What do you think about the current Tsubasa arc? Like it, Love it, Hate it?
3. Favorite color

:hbunny
1. To be honest, I love all the five main characters. They all have such distinctive personalities. But my favourite would have to be Syaoran. His a bit too perfect sometimes. It's his determination and courage that is captivating. Sakura was a bit slack and not so useful early in the story. She's quickly redeeming herself in the recent chapters though. For that I'm glad.

2. I'm loving it so far. I like stories with a touch of sadness. I like the twist of how the true Syaoran is the one imprisoned in the tube. I think the story is getting better still.

3. My favourite colour is blue. Everyone loves blue~

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Welcome to the forum :). I can't wait to see more of your translations~ If you have any questions/suggestions/comments for the site feel free to let me know :). :ossu

a quick question that I'm sure you always get, but what's the reason for you wanting to study Japanese?

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
Reaction score
Sumike-Kaito said:
Which came first: The chicken or the egg?
Egg!

Kratos said:
how old are you? :p

what do you do in your free time?

what you wana be in life?
I'm 21. In my free time, I read books/manga, draw fanart, play games and hang out with friends. I don't know what I wana be in life yet...but I do want to experience being a mangaka for a while if possible. It's a faraway dream.

njt said:
a quick question that I'm sure you always get, but what's the reason for you wanting to study Japanese?
A lot of factors actually, but mainly due to curiosity. You see, when I was little I used to collect Japanese cards. I never understood what was written at the back. There are Japanese text at the back of toys too. Manga was a motivation too. Now I just want to know the Japanese culture and history better :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Fusawashii Kyuuri said:
Egg!

I'm 21. In my free time, I read books/manga, draw fanart...
Do you show your fanart online? I'd be interested in seeing any :)

EDIT: Also, I was wondering what chapters of TRC will be in volume 17, 18?

Kratos

Reaction score
Gold Knight said:
yep me i wanna see them too

how long have you beeing doing that?

Fusawashii Kyuuri

Translator
Reaction score
Gold Knight said:

EDIT: Also, I was wondering what chapters of TRC will be in volume 17, 18?
I don't know which chapters will be in volume 17. But judging from the fact that Clamp always compile 8 chapters in 1 volume, I'm guessing chapitre 125-132 will be in volume 17.

I did a little 4-koma manga a while ago. I could've done it better but I was just doodling^^;

The one above is textless, you can view the version with text here.

Kratos said:
yep me i wanna see them too

how long have you beeing doing that?
I've been drawing manga style art for a long time :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
XDDD That's hilarious. Thanks for showing us.

EDIT: The "text" link takes us to a HTML page, by the way.

EDIT2: I've also started xxxHolic, incidentally. I have to say I'm so glad that I started TRC before xxxHolic. Don't think I would have gotten into it otherwise (though I do like it now).