Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, while I realize it's very late to be realizing this, I just played Saints Row: The Third and it is amazingly good too. I can't believe these games were out there and I never played them. Saints Row: The Third came to me as a psplus freebie and I never even looked at it twice. Just assumed it was a bad GTA clone with more rap music.

Instead it's like the FX show Archer in videogame form. With Lasers, Zombies, Hoverbikes, Luchedores, and Burt Reynolds.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, I stumbled upon this Blog...

http://www.notinthekitchenanymore.com/

... and it left me kinda speechless.

Is there really so much hate for female gamers out there?
If yes, why so?
People can be dumb. Gamers are people. Add the sense of anonymity provided by online games and you tend to get certain people saying all the stupid crap they feel like without fearing repercussions.

I don't think there is really an especially large amount of hatred for female gamers. It's just that some gamers out there are really socially awkward emotionally immature people. So they want attention or want to feel good about themselves so they annoy and harass other player or put people down in an attempt to hide their own insecurities (the online equivalent of bullying). Sexiest behavior, racist behavior, over the top trash talking, it's all really the same thing. Just people trying to make themselves feel tall by making other people feel small.

And in my experience Call of Duty draws those sort of people like flies for whatever reason.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
It's strange...most gamers I know or have met love female gamers. The ones I've met or played together with online are really cool and awesome too. But yeah, people can be dumb...and I know CoD players are some of the worst ever.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Barking dogs don't bite, that's what most of those haters are, cowardly hiding behind anonymity. The loudest voice can often originate from a small minority, like in most other topics, we have too look at the big picture. Can we stop all racism? Probably not, but we can shut up the majority and some will remain keep being so. The same can be applied to misogynic gamers or rather people.

Still can't support Anita and her Tropes VS series, too little done, too much stolen content; somebody with more credibility should have done it.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
:oh what the f
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I had to view a dozen How to videos, but that's just not my type of humor. :( And always these eggs.^^

---------- Post added September 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was September 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

So who's playing GTA V? Got the PS3 version, maybe someone wants to play some GTAOnline once it's available? :D
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I m playing gta 5 on ps3. It s a great game but still massively overrated. Yes the map is enormous but it s still not the best openworld solo game. Skyrim is still miles ahead. In fact the map is too big in my opinion. Skyrim is smaller but it s much more dense. In a zone of the same size, you will get 100 things to do in skyrim, 5 in gta 5

Acting is good, characters are great, storytelling, coherence and the parody are all amazing but it doesn t deserve all the fuzz about it.
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
More density, that makes no sense. Rockstar has created a realistic looking city within 4x4 km of ingame space and attached a mountain range, lake, military intsruction and more to that. County is the salient point, this game has two counties and when I can ride through both within five minutes of drive time, the illusion of a big world disappears into nothing. You can always call a taxi and instantly get to the destination if something is to far for you.
 
Last edited:

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
You didn t get what i meant by density. If each character in the game was a possible sidequest, if each house was open, then it would have been dense. the amount of orgasmic critics is too damn high.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When I started the game I had hoped for that too, but sadly it's not. Maybe GTA Online will change a bit.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You didn t get what i meant by density. If each character in the game was a possible sidequest, if each house was open, then it would have been dense. the amount of orgasmic critics is too damn high.
That reminds me of the Dorkly article :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I m playing gta 5 on ps3. It s a great game but still massively overrated. Yes the map is enormous but it s still not the best openworld solo game. Skyrim is still miles ahead. In fact the map is too big in my opinion. Skyrim is smaller but it s much more dense. In a zone of the same size, you will get 100 things to do in skyrim, 5 in gta 5

Acting is good, characters are great, storytelling, coherence and the parody are all amazing but it doesn t deserve all the fuzz about it.
I'm of the same opinion so far.

It's good. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. And I'd say it fixes a lot of what was wrong with GTA IV (which I thought was a fairly bad game in all honesty). I'm not through with the story yet so I can't judge that but so far so good (even if I really dislike playing as Trevor). The storyline heists so far have all been very very scripted too. You don't really plan anything. You basically get two choices of how to knock off a place you pick one and it's a regular linear quest from there on. Which is something I expected but still found disappointing. GTA V feels smaller to me that San Andreas did. The world itself may be bigger but most things revolve totally around one city.

So far I think it's a good game but not as good as some critics are making it out to be and nowhere near as good as Red Dead Redemption.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Franklin is an easy character to relate. He is just a product of the society he is living in. His quests are sometimes great, sometimes really annoying (Lamar is an annoying character but the paparazzi is great for example)

And you start to care about Michael as soon as you discover his wonderful family ... His quests are often the more interesting because there is a lot of diversity.

But for Trevor, he is a complete ass living in a no man's land. So, when you start playing with him, you're in the middle of nowhere, nothing much to do & basically, you know there will be no finess or surprise in the quests. Trevor will just kill, kill, kill (and occasionally flight which is boring like in all GTA). Thankfully, he is quite funny due to his over-the-top violence.


My favourite quest so far: the first heist & also the "jay norris/steve jobs/zuckerberg" quest (for this complete bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FrTT-po0Hw)

I also think that RDR was a better game. GTA 5 is not even in my top 5 of the year (bioshock, last of us, tomb raider, tales of xillia and one piece: pirates warriors 2 so far). GTA 5 is technically impressive & is a clever parody of our world but I had simply more fun with the other games.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just beat the game.

To be honest, I'm kinda puzzled now about why the story is getting all the praise it is. It's decent. But I don't know how much further than that I'd want to go in praising it. Honestly, in terms of the quality of the story, characters, and as a parody I thought Saint Row IV crushed it (and was much funnier to boot)

It's great for sandboxy stuff, I'm still hopeful that GTA Online will be awesome, but I don't know... the story mode was just "ok" for me.

The thing I ended up liking the most was probably the random missions. Like in RDR. I thought that was a very fun addition, too bad there were so few varieties of them.
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I haven't even seen footage of GTAV, but like I've stated before, I lost interest in this series since San Andreas. I always check reviews on gamespot to see what they have to say about games,imo their opinions are usually easier for me to relate to. They gave it a 9, which I'm sure is great and it probably deserves it, but then I saw the comments from the users....really it was sickening to see all the personal attacks and hate towards to reviewer, and I know there is always that stuff on gamespot, but for this game it was more than usual. Honestly, this game is hugely overrated from the reactions I've seen so far...it gets a 9 and people rage about how it should be a perfect 10? *sigh* I swear the gaming community is becoming more and more stagnant with idiots.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Please, that's one drama about one female reviewer and all those that complain are either fanboys or blinded, and therefore shouldn't even be acknowledged, every single bigger franchise has these people, just look at this manga forum. :P

So far it's a 8-9, not really because of the plot, but because of all the fun times I and my friends had doing whatever looked to be exciting.

About the density, of course it would be a lot better, if it had the Shenmue or Yakuza feeling of the streets, with people having a personality or story, not just being NPCs, but I would rather chose those little random moments/quests throughout the game than the similarities of places in the latest TES games. The "Internet" within the game allowed Rockstar to dispose of some merchants, pretty realistic I would say.^^
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
It's a 8.5-9. There are too many qualities in the game to rank it lower.

But more I play, more I feel that I'm no longer interested in this kind of game. I played 5 hours to gta 4 before being bored. Same for Saint Row the third. In GTA 5, I played 17h so far (which is massive compared to the other 2) but I'm starting to be bored as well. I don't even know if I will finish the game (once FIFA 14 is out, I won't touch GTA 5 anymore ... I just know it). RDR was the only one in the last 4 years that didn't leave me with a bitter taste.

Since I have my driving licence (4 years ago), I just feel that I can take my car and drive in the countryside. GTA 5 isn't giving me much more than that.

For me, games like GTA are "RPG" in which you can mainly drive. I find those games a little empty...
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A game called GTA, where you mainly drive, fly, move by sea, don't call me suprised.:-D

I still haven't done more than one mission for one of my bought houses, only found two out of 50 hidden papers, none of the secrets, haven't got the money for any of the nice cars, boats, air planes, even though you can steal most of them easily. What were your expectations for the end game?
 
Top