Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 99 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
So it's more of an update/revision not a sequel. Will I miss anything by just playing P5R?
maybe the fact the gameplay is way harder in vanilla so give it a different feel, basically royal is way forgiving in its gameplay but story wise not really at the beginning that is
the moment you reach the final arc, each game have their own True endings because of a few differences, mainly because of the new characters.

basically royal added a whole third semester that is totally new, meanwhile vanilla didn't have that, it ended before causing the two games having different endings

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's more of an update/revision not a sequel. Will I miss anything by just playing P5R?
Yeah there is an additional character and story part with P5R. I played the original but if I was going to play it again I would definitely make sure I was playing Royal, if that answers your question.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lets see

-Still playing Genshin Impact
-Still playing Forza Horizon 5 weekly (has a revolving playlist)
-Play a little DeathRun TV when Im on the PC and have a quick 15 minutes with nothing to do while for example, the over is warming up, or food is on the stove

-Been mostly playing my 3DS, tackling Devil Survivor Overclocked. I got through the first story I wanted (AT-LOWs) on this second playthrough am going to aim to get through Kaido's. Hopefully I can do all character playthroughs so I can see all endings. I hope all the new game+ shop points carry over, so each playthrough can be quicker. It took me about 50 for the first, this current one has been 20 hours, just cause I have to farm macca to buy the demons from the compendium

-Getting Cardfight!! Vanguard Dear Days this week on Steam

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

From the bit I've watched on streams this game looks like it might be worth it just for the soundtrack

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
-Been mostly playing my 3DS, tackling Devil Survivor Overclocked. I got through the first story I wanted (AT-LOWs) on this second playthrough am going to aim to get through Kaido's. Hopefully I can do all character playthroughs so I can see all endings. I hope all the new game+ shop points carry over, so each playthrough can be quicker. It took me about 50 for the first, this current one has been 20 hours, just cause I have to farm macca to buy the demons from the compendium
Hit 90 hours and finally started the 2nd character storyline I want to do.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
All these awards... Is God of War really that good?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It's a well-made action game that people seem to resonate with. I wasn't overly impressed with the first one though, and their idea of a difficulty curve being enemies just having more health is something I found boring.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am pretty much PC exclusive at this point so I haven't had the chance to play it. The original was top notch though. Elden Ring winning seems like a perfectly fine choice to me. It's not my favorite game of the year but what's there is worthy of recognition for sure.

The Quarry or Total Warhammer III are more my flavor.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
BLue Protocol looked incredible, I havent been excited for a game since Genshin Impact

Also...that mecha game, Armored Core, looked really incredible. I didnt even know there was a long running mecha franchise other than Super Robot Wars. Is Armored Core just not a western game or something?!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
BLue Protocol looked incredible, I havent been excited for a game since Genshin Impact

Also...that mecha game, Armored Core, looked really incredible. I didnt even know there was a long running mecha franchise other than Super Robot Wars. Is Armored Core just not a western game or something?!
I used to play all of them. They were great. Though a bit challenging to play. Since you looked up and down with the back bumper buttons, which is something you felt like you had to rewire your brain to get used to.

It was a whole in depth franchise that From Soft was most known for before Demon Souls. Never thought they'd come back to it.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So any games out there you all are looking forward too this year?

For me Sons of the Forest is the closest one I'm looking forward too. I like survival games and it looks like a very fun creepy version of that. And I can only hope the actual game has the same synthwave music the trailer does.

Interested in Hogwarts Legacy too but I'm still in wait and see mode a bit on that one before I get to excited. I guess, I'm just not sure how much of a real RPG it's going to be. Licensed games usually aren't. Looks like it could be cool but I'm more interested in a role playing game set in that world than I am series tie in aspects or the action game bits.

Long term I'm interested in both FFXVI and Starfield but I still have some questions about both. With Starfield that question is as basic as "What is this?". Still don't feel like we have a real answer either.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Sons of the Forest is one I've had my eye on. The Forest was an interesting game that the developers put a lot of effort into despite being a mess for a while in Early Acces.

Dead Space remake looks promising so might go for that

Curious about Starfield and Redfall too

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Forza Motorsport looked very interesting, but it seems due to technical complexity its launching with less cars and less tracks than Forza Motorsport 7

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I bought a Nintendo Switch V2 and Breath of the Wild!

It's still charging though. It's taking forever...

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I WANNA BREATHE THE WILD ALREADY! :yelling
--- Double Post Merged, ---

🥄

Hyrule Utensils.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Played Exoprimal beta test very briefly, wasn't what I was expected. Was expecting a looter of some sorts and instead it's this chaotic and weird 5v5 PvEvP mashup. It's goofy enough and the mecha suits are cool but I don't know how it'll keep up the longevity with a playerbase as a full priced game. Not sure if it'll have a campaign or anything either. Was expecting some sort of Anthem or Warframe crossover but weeb and dinosaurs.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
People don't seem to be happy about the Playstation Showcase.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dragon's Dogma 2. Everything else doesn't matter.:hee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For the Emperor!

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Jammin Apparently Capcom took feedback regarding Exoprimal and they're going to allow PvP to be removed somehow. Curious how that will work.

Also this being announced so close to Starship Troopers being released lol

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I really wanted to like Helldivers more than I did - it was fun enough, but could've been so much more (and it became pretty samey very quickly)

Hopefully HD2 will fix the issues and add a whole lot of new stuff to keep it from getting stale

For the Emperor!

Oh, this looks interesting (more so than the Ork racing game, whatever the hell that is)

Hopefully they will release more info shortly, so I can decide if it's actually something worth getting excited for

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really wanted to like Helldivers more than I did - it was fun enough, but could've been so much more (and it became pretty samey very quickly)

Hopefully HD2 will fix the issues and add a whole lot of new stuff to keep it from getting stale

Oh, this looks interesting (more so than the Ork racing game, whatever the hell that is)

Hopefully they will release more info shortly, so I can decide if it's actually something worth getting excited for
It's from Owlcat the makers of two of the best CRPGs in years. Pathfinder Kingmaker and Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous. So there is good reason to be excited.

Reactions: z.5