Discussion - The Gecko Moria thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Gecko Moria thread

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well. We have planty of important villians and pirates thread, so I thought I might as well make one for our new super villian - Gecko Moria, the Shichibukai, whos name is even feared by his own minions.

So we already know he's a huge giant, so what do you think his abilities are? Did he ate a devil's fruit? Or does he just have the awesome strength of a giant? Same for his minions, and the general zombies. We could expect a fight between zoro and the samurai one who cut Nami, Ussop and Chopper already, and in the last chapter we saw another swordsman general zombie.

Feel free to post here your assumptions and guesses, as well as new knowledge gained by the newest chapters to come.

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm i think hes gonna be some form of giant freakish clown but then again im not sure on this because we already have our good old villain buggy who is a clown aswell. But for all we know buggy could have modeld himself on moria what with him having a bounty over that of luffys so he must be famous.
I dont know if hes going to be zombieish like the rest of his crew seems to be. I think theres some really good chances for amazing fights in this arc I think the major fights are going to be

Luffy Vs Moria Gear third would be amazing in this fight would be really interesting to see I think it will take place in some form of huge booby trapped room

Zoro Vs Ryuuma obviously zoros gonna want to after hearing about his story or he may have even heard of him already

Sanji Vs ? not sure one of the other zombie generals im sure but which one i dont know

Ussop Vs The four armed gun totting zombie general hes obviously going to be some kind of legendary sharp shooter

Nami Vs Absalom nami does like to beat perverts and even this guys soldiers call him a perv so i think that would be interesting

Chopper Vs Hogback Doctor vs Doctor think this would be really interesting

Franky Vs The big hulking armourd zombie General

Robin Vs Perona im not sure why i think this but id like to see it to see how robin dealt with the "negative" ghosts

Last edited:

FrAnKy - The Cyborg

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Maybe In My Humble Opinion The Same Gecko Is A Zombie Giant, Helped In Past By HogBack Who Resurrected Him [Who Belonged To The Shadow Used To Resurrect Him?]...In OP It's All Possible No?

About The Matches I Posted My Opinions In The 451 Thread.

gensou

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think his ability is never dieing, since he a zombie, that make zombie, lol.

jumbohiggins

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
well hes the one who stole brooks and that other guys shadows right so its probably something along those lines. i mean BB already has the darkness fruit thing going so its probably not that but maybe like absorbing things or something(might explain why he / shes so big)

by the way i think its a she i dont know why i just do

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think on moria himself i think that his ability is able to steal shadows and this has somthing to do with the whole zombie porcess he steals the shadows and then hogback creates the weird zombies or fixs damaged bodies and the shadows have somthing to do with the bringing back to life im not sure on the details yet but im thinking its going to be somthing like that

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think that Moria is a normal giant, because of Luffy's Gear 3rd.
If Moria was just an ordinary giant it would be too easy for Luffy to beat him ... it is a good opportunity to see a giant with devil fruit ability :) (and I know, everyone wants to see a giant with DF ability ;) )

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
hell yes the raw physical power and an unnatural power that would be awsome

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I hope luffy can take 3rd gear a step further so that his whole body can be in giant form not just his arms and legs.
Now that would be a fight!

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I dont think the Gecko Moria is a zombie, he just runs a zombie army. But I too think he has a devil fruit power, but probably a permecia (hope i spelled it correctly) type. Kinda hard to imagine a huge giant having a logia devil fruit, :p

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dunno i kinda hope that he doesnt have a Df because i dont think that only way some one becomes powerful in the world of Op is that they have a devil fruit power i mean look at zoro hes amazingly powerful fighter and has a huge bounty but i dont know where oda is going to go with this and we dont really know much about moria himself just his crew

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
i dunno i kinda hope that he doesnt have a Df because i dont think that only way some one becomes powerful in the world of Op is that they have a devil fruit power i mean look at zoro hes amazingly powerful fighter and has a huge bounty but i dont know where oda is going to go with this and we dont really know much about moria himself just his crew
i agree. Since entering the Grand Line, every single major enemy Luffy has faced has been a DF user. As Mihawk, Shanks and most of the Strawhats have proven to us, devil fruits are not all that define strength in the Grand Line as the abilities of normal humans (or other races) often surpass those gained through DF. i think Moria does not have a DF and the ability to take shadows belongs to a person or device under his command. Luffy needs an opponant without a DF every once in a while

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
DF users are supposed to be rare. And even if thier are supposed to be a large number of them in the grand line, I'd like to see some people with unique powers who don't have a DF power. Too many DF users really cuts down on the impact of when a real powerful one shows up. Think about it how many villians don't have a DF.

Alvida- with DF GREAT :) without it ... ewe.... :(
Axe hand morgan - yeah he was a chump but he let us see how awesome luffy and zoro are.
Buggy - Chop chop man yeah he's my favorite villian .... mostly cause he's not a real villian.
Captain Kuro/ Kurodohl - no Df but first person to attribute beyond human abilities without a DF ... that's gotta count for something ... but I don't like him.
Don Krieg - Doochebag with alotta weapons ... that about sums him up.
Smoker - Now you could say he's not a villian but he was the big opposition for the whole Rogue Town arc.
Baroque works - many of them had DF ... but in defense for them the ones that didn't were retarded.
Wapol - DF .... that's about it ... I can't even hate this guy ... it's like kicking a guy in a wheel chair it's nothing to be proud of.
Crocodile - The second Logia type were introduced too. And the first Shinchibukai.
Bellamy the heyena - Df and he's a looser ... a big time Rookie... yeah right.
Enel - Logia type and well F'in CRAZY.
Foxy the Silver Fox - DF .... Oyabin We Love You!!!!
Akoji - What the Hell. Not only a logia but pretty much freaking indestructable.
Cp9 - Only two members didn't have DF I think. Chappa pa papa ... The owl not sure if his zipper mouth was just weird but he didn't use any DF.
Rob Lucchi = DF and really strong.
Black beard = not introduced as a main villian yet but he has a DF and it's a logia with no apparent weaknesses.
Gekko Moria ---- Who knows .. I hope not but hey I don't really matter that much!! ;)

If I forgot any of the villians ehh.. remind me or something. And anime filler villians don't count. In real life and in the hearts and minds of real OP fans. Same for movie only Characters.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
these are just people worth mentioning:
the captins in the marines - they are cheating they have atleast 2 to many
sengoku - no clue
dragon - he full of hot air
garp - mastered the fist of love and is crazy
WB - could have the light DF but we dont know (many theories still about)
jaguar d saul, dorgi, borgi and the other two giants - giants so they are atomatically super strong but they were amsome just the same
shanks - luffy ate his DF (that little bastard lol) and we know of no one on his crew that has a DF .... o and Shanks is bad ass
Mihawk - human and the best swordsman around
arlong and crew - no DF there but strong because of race like the giants
the skypei preists' - no DF there but they had cloud weapons and cheaty abilities they were like a logai DF user you can only hit them off gaurd cause they could just read your mind and dodge the attack
wiper - strong but he has teh dials and a bazuka (a real one unlike luffy)
gen fall - had the lance and the horse that had a DF but he was clean

and there must be more
why does everone forget that sanji and franky have no DF when they talk about the Sh crew and the strong fights on it that dont use a DF, they act like Zoro is the only strong one there

Last edited:

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well i was just using zoro as an example and he (correct me if im wrong) has the second highest bountie out of the crew. Sanji and Franky are still amazing bad asses so they are also good examples of above normal abilities and knowledge. Also what about the number of captins the crew fought against at the end of the enies lobby arc alot of them had Devil fruit abilities aswell not that they have been major villains but still there where a fair number of them.

But i agree with Anti-panda that the DF's are supposed to be quite rare like take Black Beard for instance he said he had to work really hard and long time just to get the DF he was after so i think there are few of them out there locked up just people are to scared of what they abilitys are and loosing the ability to swim. Does any one think there is some form machine or ability that allows people to know the power of a devil fruit because shanks seemed to know the gomu gomu fruit before luffy ate it and black beard knew the ability of his DF before he ate it aswell where as CP9 members didnt know what powers they where going to receive from theirs just a thought.
But i was also thinking bit more back on topic that the fight where all expecting to happen Gecko Moria Vs Gear 3rd Luffy i can see a interesting point in this fight because if luffy has to use gear third for a long period of time then hes going to eventualy get tired and have to leave gear 3rd so hes going to become chibi luffy now chibi luffy against a giant is going to be one interesting thing to see and seeing as chibi luffy stays around the about the same time as he was in gear third then that could be quite a while

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am looking forward to the fight Moria vs. Luffy Gear 3rd:

Luffy fights with Moria in his normal level (Gear 1st if you want to call it like that).
Moria: hahaha you can't beat me like that
Luffy uses Gear 3rd
Moria looks at him seeing Jesus or something (<-- totally overwhelmed and surprised, in this typical way Oda draws ^^)

Yeah I am really looking forward to it ...

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
That'd be cool and it'd make gear 3rd more cool. Lets face it gear 3rd was completely overshadowed by gear 2nd last chapter.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
i dont think that luffy has mastered the 3rd gear he can only use it in some body parts not all of them at the same time.

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ye i agree i think at some point a fight that hes going to come up agaist a reasonably strong person on his way to moria and get a step towards perfecting gear 3rd

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
that could happen and it will because he has to master gear 2 and 3 so that when he fights and element he can go gear 4