1. The Spring Art Contest! contest is now open and the theme is Forum Badge Creation. Make a badge to earn a badge!

Voting for the Animal Photography contest has begun! Take your pick!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Nominate your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion The Goddess Clan Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by eefrit, Aug 1, 2016.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Well, them being goddesses is not that big a surprise. the databook made the point they were 3000 years old. But I would have assumed there was more to this considering even goddesses can't live that long (apparently). I thought they would be reincarnated goddesses or perhaps were hosting goddesses. It's also weird they don't have wings, wings seem to be a common feature of goddesses.

2. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
    In the databook there age is listed as 1800 years old not 3000 years. As you mentioned there could be reincarnation of a goddess like Elizabeth is . I don't think there hosting one like Denzel since they don't have same eyes he did when Nerobasta was inside him.

3. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Ah, you are right. It is still weird though. if they are 1800 years old then they shouldn't be exactly as liz as they would live human lives at a time. In turn if they were 1800 years old then even as goddesses they would be pretty old, even near the end of their lifespans. I guess they could be actual, very ancient, goddesses that have hidden their true appearance somehow.

4. Divine evil

England
    I'm inserted in how they came to be if really true goddess since they been resting for the past 3000 years.

5. Bigbootyjudy

Bigbootyjudy Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Band of the Hawks 2
    Well it's clear that Nakaba is kind of mixing the idea of "Goddess" and "Angel" here. It could be that the Goddesses can only become tangible if they are summoned, through a druid or something, similar to how Denzel summoned Nerobusty. That could change how they age.

6. Divine evil

England
    Well it sounds like they had physical forms 3000 years ago not be summoned to become tangible and enter a vessel.

7. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

Brazil
    Well, the two girls could just be, in truth, half-goddess. Would explain their lack of other goddess features so far and their younger age compared to meliodas.

Also, what if the goddess clan having no energy is just a ploy, and they are just waiting for the last remmants of the demons (aka DK and 10 C) to be taken out of comission to come back and retake the world, creating a very bad religious order around them?

8. oxtopus

oxtopus Registered User

Nigeria
    When meliodas said he needed to become his old self to save Elizabeth, could he have possibly been talking about saving her from the goddess clan?

9. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    That's what I thought because its like what Gowther said Meliodas didn't abandon the fight against the Goddess he just focus on protecting someone else.

10. Divine evil

England
    Most likely them and the Demon King. I have a feeling Meliodas and 1st Elizabeth are responsible for them losing there forms.

11. oxtopus

oxtopus Registered User

Nigeria
    Yh,i guess it's pretty clear the goddesses and meliodas aren't on good terms at all,I bet meliodas didn't join any side after leaving the demon clan and only focused on protecting Elizabeth and defeating the demon king. So he's still likely an enemy of the clan and they would want to take Elizabeth back from him.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 22, 2016 ---
    I wonder if the demon king has some kind of grudge with Elizabeth. Maybe meliodas had to kill his father because he was after Elizabeth's life.

12. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    After the last chapter I checked and noticed Elizabeth had two pairs of light wings when she awakened against Hendrickson. I assume having two pair of wings is a sign fo being a high class Goddess, similar to Demons with their seven hearts. Lance Corporals like Nerobasta are probably the equivalent of Gray Demons.

13. Divine evil

England
    Could something of different happened to the Goddess Queen? Like we all thought Demon King was trap in Coffin of eternal darkness but is in Purgatory.

14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    Most likely sealed in a tool like the others, maybe she was the one at Liones. Meliodas might have killed her too, I still believe he used his Divine Slayer to kill a high level Goddess.

15. Divine evil

England
    Are were even sure they all sealed in tools? So you think the Horn has a Goddess sealed inside it? If so what do you thihk happened to her after Meliodas destroyed it? If Meliodas killed her where could she be? Unless she and Demon King rule half of Purgatory each. Do you think that because of the name of the technique? It couldn't kill Doler or Gloxinia though.

16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    The horn has a Goddess inside since she talked to Ban and feared Meliodas. According to King they used all their powers and are extinct. So besides Jenna, Zaneli and possible reincarnations, the ones sealed might be the only survivors. But since a low level Goddess survived, it is likely that all those of comparable levels or stronger survived as well. Those who haven't been slain during the war of course

17. Divine evil

England
    So if Ludociel is male will he be the only elite 1? With the Leader and the other 3 Archangels being females.

18. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    They are called the Goddess clan after all so I suppose the leader is most likely female, Ludociel is male but it doesn't mean all Archangels are male.

I think it's like that:
    • Goddess Queen
    • Four Archangels(mixed gender or all of them are male, they could be the only males from this clan)
    • The rest(All female)

19. Divine evil

England
    So their the Goddess clan yet only the Leader is the elite female? No thank you if that the case Nakaba should've named them the Angel clan. But I don't think I have to worry about that being case. Since the Goddess in the Horn is female and I doubt she's anything less than a Archangel class Goddess. She could be the Leader herself but I find that unlikely. Speaking of that I would like Ludociel to be the Goddess in the Guitar.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  20. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    I don't see why they can't be the goddess clan unless they are all female or something. Nakaba doesn't have to care about any of that. They can be the goddess clan and still have a 50/50 ratio of males and females. If he cared about that then he probably wouldn't have made "archangels" the highest category of angels considering archangels is actually one of the lowest categories of angels.

Gallon likes this.