1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion The Goddess Clan Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by eefrit, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
    So is Tarmiel supposed to represent the Maiden, Mother and Crone with his 3 heads?

2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't think so since he is male.

3. Divine evil

England
    Maybe Nakaba gender bender it? Do you think he was born like that? Maybe they were original normal 3 goddesses that merged together.

4. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    This. Why is everyone assuming a big majority of the goddess clan is composed of females? They're sexual, after all.

Even when Ludociel was desperately (emphasis here) "flirting" with Elizabeth, he tried to make it less obvious by noting that there's "many" fitting candidates for Elizabeth.

P.S. I'm a bit late, but eh.

5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    He is probably born like that, even among the Demons we have some weird designs, Galan is an armor with blood. In Tarmiel's case, only the end at the center talked so far, in Grayroad's case, all the masks have a consciousness. The other heads might talk later though.

To be fair, the possible partners don't have to be from the Goddess clan, her current partner is a Demon and they are fine with the other races. Since they are called the Goddess clan, I believe males are a minority.

6. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    Judging by the goddess clan's ideals and mentality, they'd never have their princess marry someone from another, inferior tribe. Who would it be, Gloxinia? A "lowly" human? I'm pretty sure he meant himself first and foremost, and then other angel candidates.

7. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    Goddesses never treated the other clans as inferior though, only the Demons. They are fine with the other clans. I think he was talking about himself but if Elizabeth's partner was not from the Demon clan and someone they appreciate, I don't believe they would be against it.

8. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    We know how they treat humans, telling them to kneel and all: additionally, the fact that Ludociel hid the demon prisoners in the Fairy King's forest without Gloxinia's knowledge implies they could do whatever the heck they wanted as long as no other big power like the demons was around. And again, Monspiet had noted that all of the clans were fighting against each other for the magic power present in the land prior to the Holy War, so they were not always allies. The goddesses enticed the other clans to join them in order to take down their only threat - I'm completely certain they'd have ruled Britannia had they "won" the war, be it directly or indirectly... I mean, who'd be there to oppose them?

But either way, I don't see any candidates from other clans whom they'd deem worthy as far as taking Ellie's hand is concerned.

9. Divine evil

England
    What's the chances Tarmiel having 3 innate magic?

10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    The only Humans worshiping them are Druids, Goddesses have not really been condescending to them. All the clans were fighting for themselves, that's normal, but in the end they decided to ally, which is something the Goddesses could never do with the Demon clan, who were their enemies even before the Holy War.

As for a partner from another clan that they could accept, Gloxinia I guess? He is strong and a king himself plus they had one of their HQs in his forest.

11. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    They've still been condescending to regular humans, though.
    They decided to ally because having one less insanely powerful enemy benefited everyone, but in the end, it would've worked best in the goddesses' favour. Sure, they wouldn't have annihilated the other tribes, but judging by how powerful and confident they appear to be, I don't think they'd be happy with sharing everything equally with the other clans. The way I see it, they simply wanted to make sure they'd get rid of the demons using the help of the others, and once that would be done, they'd have literally nothing to worry about. If they were to want more power, who would oppose them? Would they be kind to the other tribes and tell them "oh hey, it's fine - we want more power, but you helped us during the war, so we won't do a thing"? They'd do that if they were "angels" but... they're not, as ironic as it seems.

Hmm, I really can't picture that. Like I said, they used the forest for luring in the demons with live bait without Gloxinia's knowledge, which is already a big "piss off, mate - we do whatever we want!"

12. Divine evil

England
    Think Nakaba will use this speech box again when the goddes makes her return to let us know she's the one in the horn?
    [​IMG]

13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

Global Moderator

France
    We are not sure that having more wings means that your rank is higher regardless of their size but we know for sure that in terms of rank, Ludociel= Elizabeth> Sariel. However, Elizabeth is weak while Sariel is able to keep up with Monspiet. So, does it mean that rank=/= power after all? I think that rather than simply indicating the difference of strength between them, they indicate the power of their Ark. Which would mean that Sariel is not necessarily weaker than Ludociel but his Ark is less powerful, same for Elizabeth who might have the potential to have an Ark more powerful than Sariel but is not a strong fighter.

Zero I think. Even Grayroad has only one.