Discussion - The Goddess Clan Thread | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Goddess Clan Thread

Aldan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just an idle thought: the giant goddesses which featured in "Estarossa's" memories have never appeared otherwise in the story. I guess this means that the giant goddesses were really just gray demons and that subset of goddess never existed in the first place :(

danh

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Chapter 275 implies that Mael is the mightest among the four archangels without the grace?

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Challenge me. Four Archangels without Graces:

-Ludoshel

-Sariel/Tarmiel

-Sariel/Tarmiel

-Mael

With Graces:

-Mael

-Ludoshel

-Sariel/Tarmiel

:cheez

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
If he's the strongest, then explain to me how Estarossa/Mael needs the commandments to deal with his fellow angels?

This is really just a case of Sariel calling him the strongest AA, because that's his title.

The Demon King (or someone else) called Meliodas the strongest demon, despite his assault mode being inactive, which would make him inferior to Zeldris.

Mael only surpassed Ludoshel with sunshine.

LOL what, did you completely ignore how Elizabeth's ark is superior to the Four Archangels in every way? :fail

I wouldn't say that the Supreme Goddess doesn't care about Elizabeth considering Ludoshel's and Sariel's comment.

They committed ''super'' suicide because they lost Mael + sunshine.

Mael without sunshine, is the weakest angel, pretty obvious by how Ludoshel/ the battles have played out.

It really doesn't matter if Mael is the weakest angel by 20-30K PL or so. Sunshine made Escanor fodderize the future demon king, give that to even the weakest angel, and they fodderize anyone besides the Gods.

Pretty sure giving sunshine to Ludoshel is just overkill.

Plus. Mael got his ''title of strongest AA'' because of sunshine - take it away, and he should be the weakest.

Then someone explain to me why the Supreme Goddess gave Mael sunshine when Ludoshel was the strongest angel before hand? :arf

Correction:

All of AA without graces - Ludoshel's the strongest.
AA with graces - Mael's the strongest.

Otherwise you want to argue how supposedly a weaker base PL Ludoshel can still keep up (and even be stronger) than Mael outside near/full-noon?

You're trying to claim something is fact when it isn't :fail - who needs to see sense here?

The magic isn't a maybe. It's a definite, it's literally in the manga, that her ark is superior in every way to the angels.. why are you guys so desperate to argue against fact? The angels have graces and superior physical strength, and literally never use there ark over there graces lol - proves my point.

This wasn't even subtly implied.

:fail

This man knows his stuff. Elizabeth discussion is the addiction of this fandom :arf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You can't stop us :arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf:arf
You have no proof of Mael only exceeding Ludo with Sun.

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kiddo Mael could use PoL
In this case, there is no symmetry with the backstory of Estarossa

Last edited:

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No picture showed up.
Really? I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, let me try again
If you can see the image, look Mael's hand in the last frame.
Mael also uses his wing as a sword. I really want to see his fighting style.

Aldan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm so confused after reading the troll side story. Jenna and Zaneli's magic powers seem to be completely switched. Jenna used electricity when her power is seal while Zaneli's power is supposed to eb thunder ray...

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm so confused after reading the troll side story. Jenna and Zaneli's magic powers seem to be completely switched. Jenna used electricity when her power is seal while Zaneli's power is supposed to eb thunder ray...
did we ever see their powers in the main series?

Aldan

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I get what you mean. After the lightning stirk there is a panel with Jenna, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she was the one who used it. Assuming there was no mistake in the fan book, then Zaneli must have been the one who cast it. There was no name back then but Jenna is the one who unsealed Meliodas's power. We can't say for sure that it was Seal and not some Goddess spell though...

If Jenna is really the one who cast it then there is a mistake in the fan book(would be the first AFAIR).

Aldan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I get what you mean. After the lightning stirk there is a panel with Jenna, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she was the one who used it. Assuming there was no mistake in the fan book, then Zaneli must have been the one who cast it. There was no name back then but Jenna is the one who unsealed Meliodas's power. We can't say for sure that it was Seal and not some Goddess spell though...

If Jenna is really the one who cast it then there is a mistake in the fan book(would be the first AFAIR).
I considered that it might've been Zaneli, but everything points to it being Jena since her anger towards Jelamet was hightlighted, and she was the one in a fighting stance (with magic clinging to her staff no less), not Zaneli. But yeah, the fact that Jena was the one who specifically noted how hard it was to seal Meliodas' magic, it seems like a weird contradiction of the fanbook.

Noelle Silva

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@OtakuFreak , @Undina , @Supreme Deity Eli and @mandark
If the goddesses have their version of indura (most likely they do ) what should they sacrifice in order to activate it?
My opinion : i think they cut off their extra pair of wings to make a contract with the light!
And currently the ones we might see them transforming are ludociel and mael.
For elizabeth she must surpass 250k by absorbing 2 graces! So might be able to transform with just sacrificing some of her blood by drawing some symbols etc...
What do you think?

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Losing wings may look like they lost power.
How about they actually gain an extra wing pair plus they transform into heavenly beasts?

The cost:
1. They lose sentience
2. Powerup is temporary (probably 1 full day?)
3. They regain sentience but become significantly weaker after
4. It will take years for them to recover their normal strength
5. If they die in their powered-up form, their soul will be destroyed as well, never to move on to the afterlife or reincarnate

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
An Indura version for the Goddesses should be a form where the Goddesses transcend each sphere of angels in order to progress to higher power.

The rank of Four Archangels is actually on the third and lowest sphere, only second to the lowest rank out of any angels. Thus, an Indura-version for the Goddesses would involve achieving higher spheres, to the highest rank of Seraphim which has the best contact with God (THE SD).

But this is temporary, and instead of dying or sacrificing themselves, they simply return to the lowest form of all angels, or become human.

So in simple terms, a Goddess would temporarily achieve a higher form in contact with God in order to gain more power, but would then become a fallen angel, human, or be demoted back to the lowest order.

If Elizabeth or the AA's used this it would mean they would lose their wings and become fodder level lol
In terms of hierarchy (power) in the Goddess Clan, it should go like this now.

Supreme Deity > Ludoshel/Elizabeth > Mael > Sariel/Tarmiel > Sariel/Tarmiel > Divine Lance Corporals > Divine Soldiers.

Guess Elizaberh was the second strongest Goddess all along :cheez (ignoring sunshine ofc)

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
An Indura version for the Goddesses should be a form where the Goddesses transcend each sphere of angels in order to progress to higher power.

The rank of Four Archangels is actually on the third and lowest sphere, only second to the lowest rank out of any angels. Thus, an Indura-version for the Goddesses would involve achieving higher spheres, to the highest rank of Seraphim which has the best contact with God (THE SD).

But this is temporary, and instead of dying or sacrificing themselves, they simply return to the lowest form of all angels, or become human.

So in simple terms, a Goddess would temporarily achieve a higher form in contact with God in order to gain more power, but would then become a fallen angel, human, or be demoted back to the lowest order.

If Elizabeth or the AA's used this it would mean they would lose their wings and become fodder level lol
In terms of hierarchy (power) in the Goddess Clan, it should go like this now.

Supreme Deity > Ludoshel/Elizabeth > Mael > Sariel/Tarmiel > Sariel/Tarmiel > Divine Lance Corporals > Divine Soldiers.

Guess Elizaberh was the second strongest Goddess all along :cheez (ignoring sunshine ofc)
Oh oh oh they should take forms based in the JudeoChristian mystic texts

Flaming serpents with wings of blinding light (Seraphim)
Winged chimeras with different animal heads (Cherubim)
Flaming wheels of light and flame (Ophanim)

:doge

Noelle Silva

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh oh oh they should take forms based in the JudeoChristian mystic texts

Flaming serpents with wings of blinding light (Seraphim)
Winged chimeras with different animal heads (Cherubim)
Flaming wheels of light and flame (Ophanim)

:doge
I think it's more like the archangel sacrfices his lower pair of wings to form a contract with the light, then two pairs of wings sprout instead (temporary ).
Changing their forms into a holy being of light.
If the AA has 4 wings at first , he become 6 winged.
If he has 6 wings( due to graces ), he become 10 winged.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Not sure if this is a foreshadowed or implied power-up for Elizabeth, but Nakaba once drew her with 6 wings on a volume cover (28).

Could be something to do with the Indura-Goddess thing, or just a power-up for her?

Noelle Silva

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not sure if this is a foreshadowed or implied power-up for Elizabeth, but Nakaba once drew her with 6 wings on a volume cover (28).

Could be something to do with the Indura-Goddess thing, or just a power-up for her?
I think that means that elizabeth is indeed going to be blessed by 2 graces ( inagine her with 6 wings , wielding a khakhara holy staff, riding a huge ocean tsunami or a colossal tornado!)
I think sariel is still alive and will come back :
1. It doesn't make a sense for him to die just from a shockwave!
2. He is a 4 winged , and his wings still have some space to grow up maybe he will reach 100k.
3. If he comes back we will be able to see him going asura ( indura equivalent XD ).