Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
we have a foot of snow in ohio right now and are currently under blizzard warning. it's still snowing and is freezing cold. it's worse with the wind.

all this just had to happen on the weekend right before midterm. god is cruel.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's been pouring rain here, snoogen >.< My town currently is currently under flood warning, I'm just glad I don't live right on the beach. Looks like all of eastern US is being dumped on in one form or another :XD

Thank you PaperYomiko for your advice. Portobello market is open tomorrow and I will have a look. I found a bit funny that you advised me to eat baklava in London. I'm Turkish and baklava is one of the famous deserts (but there is still a discussion if it's Turkish or Greek :confused:).
haha, I didn't know you're Turkish, I just figured you're Dutch ^^; So maybe you've had better baklava, but I thought this place was pretty damn good :XD

Anyway, have fun exploring! :amuse

lol yakitake japan is the only one I know of :darn i don't know if its even good :(
Yakitate Japan is great! :luv

I've seen the anime anyway, and it's really funny. But it makes you reaaaaaaally hungry, so make sure you have a lot of yummy bread on hand if you watch it (I found myself drooling on my keyboard very often) :nuts
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
are the kids on an intern program in the restaurant you work in? *funny i say 'kids' when i'm a kid as well... -_-;*
well they aint aiming to be chefs but are just there to see what its like in the grown-up world or sumthin like it, still bothersome though..

if the last dumbass bastard show up on monday ill.. gah.. out of ideas, anyone got any suggestions what i can do to him? :plot
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@lil and snoog; i have a black orginal TI-83 (with a green case) that is at least ten years old. its outdated, yes, but i like it. in school the rest of them were all clear and they just weren't clasicly cool like mine was. and i like to have anything i use be custom in same way shape and form; gives 'em personality.

@ pirate, i have a similar guy at my work. he will completly zone out and i will have to take over for him, or he'll disappear and not tell anyone where he's going, and he runs off to the bathroom every 5 minutes, it seems. and he always has his back to the monitor that tells him what food he should be making, so i always have to cover his shit and my own x.x even when he does actually do his job he is slow as hell.

@ lady h, well if you get drunk and have your picture taken, do be sure to tell me where i can find it :p :jk

@ snoogen (again XD) yeah, we're getting the left overs of that storm, mixed with lake effect. fortinatly, its been mostly rain (we were predicted to get snow friday afternoon thre sunday night, and well over a foot altogether). everything is wet as hell, but it beats covered in snow. oh, and the weatherman have never been so accurate before: they said it would start snowing around 4 pm, and as we were driving home RIGHT at 4, it started snowing XD

oh, and that weather talk reminded me! the other night we saw the auroras! right here in Syracuse! we tried driving to the otherside of the swamps to the north (to get away from the light) but the auroras died as we got there, so we headed home. but as we got back in town, so did they 0_0 but it was SOOO cool! one of them, the first one i noticed was bright as hell, it looked like a giant shard of glass cutting threw the night

if the last dumbass bastard show up on monday ill.. gah.. out of ideas, anyone got any suggestions what i can do to him? :plot
bring him into a back room, and tell him he's an idiot, and if he continues to suck, the only way to keep his job is to shape up, or gay sex XD most straight guys tend to be closet homophobes, i've noticed

anyways, dont forget to set ur clocks forward guys.
 
Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
We're even getting snow HERE in Tennessee. In March? Geez. Actually almost as bad as Ohio in some parts. Though I think Arkansas is getting the worst of it right now.

I was driving today, and a lot of birds were flying away as I passed. They seemed agitated. And no wonder. Imagine these featherbrains migrating to a place they THOUGHT was snow-free, only to have snow dumped on their heads :oh
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yakitate Japan is great! :luv

I've seen the anime anyway, and it's really funny. But it makes you reaaaaaaally hungry, so make sure you have a lot of yummy bread on hand if you watch it (I found myself drooling on my keyboard very often) :nuts
Agreed. Yakitake japan is awesome!!! But sometimes i wonder whether the breads they made can really be made in real life.....

oh, and that weather talk reminded me! the other night we saw the auroras! right here in Syracuse! we tried driving to the otherside of the swamps to the north (to get away from the light) but the auroras died as we got there, so we headed home. but as we got back in town, so did they 0_0 but it was SOOO cool! one of them, the first one i noticed was bright as hell, it looked like a giant shard of glass cutting threw the night
Wow to be able to see one in real life... I've only seen pictures of auroras.....

Oh yeah, yesterday was general election day in Malaysia... unfortunately I didn't vote eventhough I'm eligible to vote... :p
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
We're even getting snow HERE in Tennessee. In March? Geez. Actually almost as bad as Ohio in some parts. Though I think Arkansas is getting the worst of it right now.
And I heard all that snow kept poor Lebron from going to the UNC-Duke game, awwww :p

erm, but yeah, seriously, enough of winter. I refuse to accept this reality of continually freezing weather :oh


Agreed. Yakitake japan is awesome!!! But sometimes i wonder whether the breads they made can really be made in real life.....
You can! They even give you recipes in some of the episodes, like the rice cooker bread!! I really want someone to make me the anpan though :love

When I was watching the show, I would make several runs to the local bakery for reinforcements :XD

Oh yeah, yesterday was general election day in Malaysia... unfortunately I didn't vote eventhough I'm eligible to vote... :p
Why not? :o Everyone should vote!! Vote vote vote!! :shakefist

Well, sometimes I know it's just not convenient to get to the polls in time, so that's ok :amuse What really bothers me are all the people who do nothing but complain about the government and the president, and then don't vote because they're just too lazy >.< ( Know a few people that did that in the last presidential election, garrrhhh :yelling ) If you're not going to do anything about it, don't complain! :fry

ok, I'm done with that mini rant... wasn't ranting at you, Epul ^^ :hug
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@lil and snoog; i have a black orginal TI-83 (with a green case) that is at least ten years old. its outdated, yes, but i like it. in school the rest of them were all clear and they just weren't clasicly cool like mine was. and i like to have anything i use be custom in same way shape and form; gives 'em personality.
as long as it works, that is all that matters, right? at least that is my mentality to my belongings anyway :p

@ snoogen (again XD) yeah, we're getting the left overs of that storm, mixed with lake effect. fortinatly, its been mostly rain (we were predicted to get snow friday afternoon thre sunday night, and well over a foot altogether). everything is wet as hell, but it beats covered in snow. oh, and the weatherman have never been so accurate before: they said it would start snowing around 4 pm, and as we were driving home RIGHT at 4, it started snowing XD
you're right; a lot of rain beats getting covered in snow. it finally stopped but we definitely have a foot or more of snow. however, knowing my university, they probably will clear the sidewalks before tomorrow's classes so we will have school tomorrow. i was hoping that midterms would be canceled. >.<

anyway, my guy friends are so silly. they're making an igloo outside the dorm. so silly!

oh, and that weather talk reminded me! the other night we saw the auroras! right here in Syracuse! we tried driving to the otherside of the swamps to the north (to get away from the light) but the auroras died as we got there, so we headed home. but as we got back in town, so did they 0_0 but it was SOOO cool! one of them, the first one i noticed was bright as hell, it looked like a giant shard of glass cutting threw the night
that sounds really cool. i wished that i was there to witness it.

We're even getting snow HERE in Tennessee. In March? Geez. Actually almost as bad as Ohio in some parts. Though I think Arkansas is getting the worst of it right now.

I was driving today, and a lot of birds were flying away as I passed. They seemed agitated. And no wonder. Imagine these featherbrains migrating to a place they THOUGHT was snow-free, only to have snow dumped on their heads :oh
oh that sucks that you're not experiencing what we in ohio did the past few days. it's crazy! walking in the snow is enough exercise for the day.

keep safe! there was one ohio death related to this weather (which i believe you mentioned in my thread). have fun digging yourself out of the snow :)
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
bring him into a back room, and tell him he's an idiot, and if he continues to suck, the only way to keep his job is to shape up, or gay sex XD most straight guys tend to be closet homophobes, i've noticed
already told that bastard that he's a fucking idiot >_>;;

and the gay sex thing.. well... maybe ill just go around n ask for a gay dude that wants a new toy or sumthin <_<

or ill just lock him in the freezer, that oughta do it.. :D
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone should vote!! Vote vote vote!! :shakefist

Well, sometimes I know it's just not convenient to get to the polls in time, so that's ok :amuse What really bothers me are all the people who do nothing but complain about the government and the president, and then don't vote because they're just too lazy >.< ( Know a few people that did that in the last presidential election, garrrhhh :yelling ) If you're not going to do anything about it, don't complain! :fry
I respectfully disagree.

My advise is: don't vote for the sake of voting. Preferably only the informed citizens should vote, and those who aren't should be discouraged from voting.

It defeats the purpose of voting until you're 18, when you hardly know anything about the candidates or the issues.

Imagine what a million Miss South Carolinas would do to impact a country on any given election..
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
haha, good call with the Miss South Carolinas, miyi :XD

yeah, I took *informed* as implied there, should have made it clear :amuse

The people I know, and was referencing before, who didn't vote were about as informed as can be expected of most citizens, and did have legitimate concerns and opinions about our government, which is why it annoyed me so much - their voice would have been valuable, if they weren't so lazy.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^I get your point..

yeah, whiny people are difficult to tolerate...I don't mind people who whine, and then can back it up with reasonable evidence and good logic (even if I may not necessarily agree with them). But then there are also some people who functions purely on emotions...lol..



btw, excited about March Madness?

UNC defeated DUKE convincingly..

on the other hand, being a UCLA fan, they weren't supposed to win the past two games, and I'm admitting that.
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
anyways, dont forget to set ur clocks forward guys.
oh man, thank goodness someone told me about this last night (at a bar, hehe) so i wasn't late to work today. i hadn't budgeted my time to include that extra hour, so i was sleeeeepy this morning and i had to try to be all professional and stuff :darn

I respectfully disagree.

My advise is: don't vote for the sake of voting. Preferably only the informed citizens should vote, and those who aren't should be discouraged from voting.

It defeats the purpose of voting until you're 18, when you hardly know anything about the candidates or the issues.

Imagine what a million Miss South Carolinas would do to impact a country on any given election..
:rofl that clip was too perfect.....it makes me cringe, especially when she says "the Iraq" :s


btw, excited about March Madness?
yep, i am.......i'm originally from indiana, so basketball's in the blood. gotta root for my hoosiers :)
 
Last edited:

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
btw, excited about March Madness?

UNC defeated DUKE convincingly..

on the other hand, being a UCLA fan, they weren't supposed to win the past two games, and I'm admitting that.
I'm psyched... March Madness, Celtics are still awesome, and baseball season is starting in 2 weeks.... life is beautiful :nuts

UNC played a great game, that was fun to watch... I'm beginning to think a UNC-UCLA final would be interesting :amuse

So you didn't agree with the over the backboard larry bird-ish shot? Seemed iffy to me too, but it was damn cool :D

oh man, thank goodness someone told me about this last night (at a bar, hehe) so i wasn't late to work today. i hadn't budgeted my time to include that extra hour, so i was sleeeeepy this morning and i had to try to be all professional and stuff :darn
I forgot about it too...it's so early this year!! Totally threw me off today :darn
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i just got back from picking up my hours at work, and it turns out my manager brought in porn tonight :rofl
i love my bosses XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm not too keen about basketball. I only got so into it when it was Chicago vs. Utah. MJ's glory days :wtf

but my boyfriend's really into it and I just bet on the team against the team he's rooting for. -_-
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
i just got back from picking up my hours at work, and it turns out my manager brought in porn tonight :rofl
i love my bosses XD
You watch porn with your boss?!!....... -_-;

but my boyfriend's really into it and I just bet on the team against the team he's rooting for. -_-
I'm sure your boyfriend must really be annoyed by that.... have you gotten into a fight with your boyfriend about it? :XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
You watch porn with your boss?!!....... -_-;
:o


I'm sure your boyfriend must really be annoyed by that.... have you gotten into a fight with your boyfriend about it? :XD
not at all. He's fine with it since he knows I'm not really serious about it. But we do bet high stakes. Like a new pair of jeans or something. -_- But I still like Dirk even if I lost the bet.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm not too keen about basketball. I only got so into it when it was Chicago vs. Utah. MJ's glory days :wtf

but my boyfriend's really into it and I just bet on the team against the team he's rooting for. -_-
yeah, MJ was certainly awesome and fun to watch, but i actually don't care too much for the NBA. i feel like the players kind of half-ass around between a few flashy show-off moves (except maybe during playoffs and what not). i much prefer college basketball. it's almost like a whole different game :amuse

anyway, good luck with your bet! a girl can always use a new pair of jeans :nuts
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Dirk? So did you bet on the Mav's then, baboysai? Cause they're playing the Knicks tonight, which means you have a pretty good chance of cashing in on that bet :XD

Guys.....it's not very busy around this thread right now, is it? :crying Come back, people! :shakefist
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top