Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Hi Epul :glomp

Yup, been busy, but should be less busy now, I hope ^^ Either way, I should be about to hang out more :)
Well that's good news. :)

-_-; -_-; Im guessing you know about our injury problems, though.:oh And meh, it was only the fa cup, were still ahead of you in the league. :3
Yes I do know about Arsenal's injury problem. Read my post in the football/soccer thread. Yeah, you're still ahead in the league, but we'll take it one at a time.....

Edit: Say, isnt the pig the most intelligent animals...i bet they would be better pets than the less intelligent animals like...bird and dogs :amuse (cats not included cause there smarter than dogs <3)
You have gotta be kidding me....pig is the most intelligent animal??? :blink
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yes I do know about Arsenal's injury problem. Read my post in the football/soccer thread. Yeah, you're still ahead in the league, but we'll take it one at a time.....
Going over there now... i forgot about it. :oh
You have gotta be kidding me....pig is the most intelligent animal??? :blink
I heard of it somewhere, but the list seems to be:

1. Chimpanzee (two species)
2. Gorilla
3. Orangutan
4. Baboon (seven species, including drill and mandrill)
5. Gibbon (seven species)
6. Monkey (many species, especially the macaques, the patas, and the Celebes black ape)
7. Smaller-toothed whale (several species, especially killer whale)
8. Dolphin (many of the approximately eighty species)
9. Elephant (two species)
10. Pig

hahahaha, the pig is in 10th place. Right behind the elephant. Well that puts the "elephants have brains the size of peanuts" urban myth in the same place as the pig one. :XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
epul just called me baboy.

-_-

that's not allowed. I zap thee with my lightning bolts.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
No I beg you don't zap me! I didn't know that it was not allowed.....honest :shifty
my apologies there baboysai.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow. It seems like you haven't been here long. That explains the long post :XD
<hr noshade size="1">
I don't like birds for pets. I mean, you can hardly interact. It's like, you're always assuming the creature gets what you're saying, but 98% chance it doesn't. -_-

unlike dogs. dogs are f*cking smart. :p
damn straight! XD i'm a dog person. but only big dogs. i dislike step-on dogs. (sorry, steph)
my aunt had a bunch of birds... one of them never stopped whistling the theme to the andy griffen show. i dont like birds, either.
Wow, yomiko just made a rabb like long post..... :XD
Haven't seen you in a while Yomiko. Been busy? anyway, good to see you back here :XD :jbya
<hr noshade size="1">
@baboy- dogs are smart cause you train them. Without training, they'll be like the birds you've just mentioned... :XD
hey! i havnt posted a long post like that in months! and only i get to call bb-chan baboy!
Going over there now... i forgot about it. :oh I heard of it somewhere, but the list seems to be:

1. Chimpanzee (two species)
2. Gorilla
3. Orangutan
4. Baboon (seven species, including drill and mandrill)
5. Gibbon (seven species)
6. Monkey (many species, especially the macaques, the patas, and the Celebes black ape)
7. Smaller-toothed whale (several species, especially killer whale)
8. Dolphin (many of the approximately eighty species)
9. Elephant (two species)
10. Pig

hahahaha, the pig is in 10th place. Right behind the elephant. Well that puts the "elephants have brains the size of peanuts" urban myth in the same place as the pig one. :XD
ok, i've only heard Dolphins as being the smartest non-human animal on the planet, how the heck do they get 8th? whos your source?
epul just called me baboy.

-_-

that's not allowed. I zap thee with my lightning bolts.
gotta love angry women who shoot lightning bolts :p :hug
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Immmm backkkkkkkkkkkk!
Me and my friends got fresh for the carnival yesterday! Sadly, alot of the carnival was set up in a grassy area, so some peoples shoes got messed up! Its a good thing that my shoes were mostly black.
It was a pretty fun night and we mangaed to stay outta trouble so that makes it even better. Theres no school tomarrow so I can stay out late again today!
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Helloooooooo~~~!!!!! :nuts

So, a couple days ago it was really cold and snowy here, and I heard this noise coming from my wall, where there's an old chimney shaft, that sounded like maybe there was an animal inside. So I figured, he was probably trying to get away from the cold, and hopefully he wouldn't die in there or something cause that would smell.

Well, the next day I came back from three hours of classes, exhausted out of my mind and only wanting to eat my quiznos sub, watch some sportscenter, and take a nap, when I open my apartment door to find a bird flying frantically around the place, crapping on stuff and divebombing the windows. Hm. Turns out, he got out by pushing aside this cheap piece of sheet metal that covers the hole where the old stove pipe used to go in the chimney, and got into my apartment. It took me about ten minutes to get him out through a window (good thing my landlord still hasn't replaced my screens) even though I had two windows wide open, for a while he just kept on flying around crapping on things and divebombing my head. Of all the birds to get stuck in my apartment, it had to be just about the dumbest bird in existence.

So anyway, then I had to clean up all the bird crap he left behind, so I missed sportscenter. But I still got to eat my sandwich and take a nap, so all was not lost. Anyway, that's my big dramatic story of the week :amuse
:XD that happened to me once, except it was in my room. I dunno how he got in there though. :sweat in the end I caught it and brought it back outside. Lucky for me it didn't poo around the place when I was chasing it :XD

all birds are dumb though.. we once had a bird in the restaurant, i chased that lil bastard frantically with a saucepan >_>
Birds are yummy! :XD *whenever ipy's here I think of food :XD*

^ I dont like most birds...especially pigeons. Its the way they flap their wings...its just disgusting. But i do like robin and thrush's, at least their cool. =D
how is it disgusting? :plot pigeons are yummy too btw :nuts

epul just called me baboy.

-_-

that's not allowed. I zap thee with my lightning bolts.
lmao :XD :rofl
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
omg, i disappear for a day and so many people have posted. >.<

welcome back to the blue, py and gk! :glomp i'm glad you guys are back!

this has been such a long day. i worked from 9-5 and then from 7-9:30. i got back to the room around 10 and don't feel like doing anything. too bad my schedule is similar to my schedule today (work, 9-3 and practice 7-9).

which reminds me for my american friends, one of my college friends is going to be on nbc's "deal or no deal" tomorrow. her cousin is the contestant and she is one of the supporters. she even gets interviewed by howie mandel! unfortunately, i have japanese dance practice during the show so please watch and tell me how much her cousin wins. i just know that she makes more than the cost of attending college and that it would be wise for her to get a financial adviser. >.< i think she got a million...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
No I beg you don't zap me! I didn't know that it was not allowed.....honest :shifty
my apologies there baboysai.
apology accepted. You can call me goddess. :oh

and only i get to call bb-chan baboy!
yeah you can, with a teeny zap every now and then.


this is actually a video of when snu-chan was 2 years old. :XD

pigeons are yummy too btw :nuts
Any meat besides fish, chicken, beef, and pork are not normal! :yelling

I once ate horse meat, not knowing what it was, and when I found out I finished the whole thing. -_-

Also, there was one time at this food festival, they were offering what looked like pretzels, and they tasted really good. The cook said it was deep fried worms, and you just can't imagine my face then. I threw up after that.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Helloooooooo~~~!!!!! :nuts

So, a couple days ago it was really cold and snowy here, and I heard this noise coming from my wall, where there's an old chimney shaft, that sounded like maybe there was an animal inside. So I figured, he was probably trying to get away from the cold, and hopefully he wouldn't die in there or something cause that would smell.

Well, the next day I came back from three hours of classes, exhausted out of my mind and only wanting to eat my quiznos sub, watch some sportscenter, and take a nap, when I open my apartment door to find a bird flying frantically around the place, crapping on stuff and divebombing the windows. Hm. Turns out, he got out by pushing aside this cheap piece of sheet metal that covers the hole where the old stove pipe used to go in the chimney, and got into my apartment. It took me about ten minutes to get him out through a window (good thing my landlord still hasn't replaced my screens) even though I had two windows wide open, for a while he just kept on flying around crapping on things and divebombing my head. Of all the birds to get stuck in my apartment, it had to be just about the dumbest bird in existence.

So anyway, then I had to clean up all the bird crap he left behind, so I missed sportscenter. But I still got to eat my sandwich and take a nap, so all was not lost. Anyway, that's my big dramatic story of the week :amuse
:rofl

You reacted so normally afterwards, too! Funny that life just goes on after these things happen. :amuse

all birds are dumb though.. we once had a bird in the restaurant, i chased that lil bastard frantically with a saucepan >_>
Actually... that only goes for some birds. There are some pretty darn smart birds out there, too.

Crows for example. Probably the most intelligent birds out there. They can even use tools, and they also have very, very good memories.

And if you want my vote for what animal would be the best ninjas, I'd say owls would fit the bill because we still hardly know much about them, because they're so damn good at hiding from us (...not that I blame them. That's evidence enough that they're smart! :p )

But I do have to admit there are some damn dumb birds out there too, as Paper just gave an example of! Do you know what bird that was that flied in there, Paper? A pigeon?

omg, i disappear for a day and so many people have posted. >.<

welcome back to the blue, py and gk! :glomp i'm glad you guys are back!
^^

this has been such a long day. i worked from 9-5 and then from 7-9:30. i got back to the room around 10 and don't feel like doing anything. too bad my schedule is similar to my schedule today (work, 9-3 and practice 7-9).
Yeah, starting out with a rough morning never helps >.< You shouldn't do anything... just relax! :)

which reminds me for my american friends, one of my college friends is going to be on nbc's "deal or no deal" tomorrow. her cousin is the contestant and she is one of the supporters. she even gets interviewed by howie mandel! unfortunately, i have japanese dance practice during the show so please watch and tell me how much her cousin wins. i just know that she makes more than the cost of attending college and that it would be wise for her to get a financial adviser. >.< i think she got a million...
Yes, I'll be keeping an eye on it. :)


Man, I just realized we finally have 10 Hang Out threads! It took two years and a couple of months. Ah, the memories. :XD
 
Last edited:

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
welcome back to the blue, py and gk! :glomp i'm glad you guys are back!
it took me like 5 mins to understand wut u meant :darn i need more sleep...
apology accepted. You can call me goddess. :oh
then u can call me sho'vah :p *is being a geek, and highly doubts anyone will understand*

yeah you can, with a teeny zap every now and then.
alright! i havn't been shocked yet, neither!

Any meat besides fish, chicken, beef, and pork are not normal! :yelling
wut about veal? or duck? or turkey?

ugh. last night a power line went down near my house. of all the people in Syracuse, only about 100 of us lost power during that wind storm last night. the houses across either of the parking lots and across the street both had power still. it wasnt even an entire block, it was just like 5 of the apartment buildings. why did it have to be us? ;=;
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
apology accepted. You can call me goddess. :oh
As you wish Goddess..... :worship2

ugh. last night a power line went down near my house. of all the people in Syracuse, only about 100 of us lost power during that wind storm last night. the houses across either of the parking lots and across the street both had power still. it wasnt even an entire block, it was just like 5 of the apartment buildings. why did it have to be us? ;=;
No power? so what did you do when the power went out? It must've been boring like hell.....
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ugh. last night a power line went down near my house. of all the people in Syracuse, only about 100 of us lost power during that wind storm last night. the houses across either of the parking lots and across the street both had power still. it wasnt even an entire block, it was just like 5 of the apartment buildings. why did it have to be us? ;=;

one of these days I'll experiment on myself to see if I can survive 2 months without power/electricity, without a bed to sleep in, just a floor, shower without soap, take a dump (bowel movement) using only 1 square of tissue paper, no TV/Radio/internet/reading material, one glass of water per day, and surviving only with minimum required nutrients.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:XD that happened to me once, except it was in my room. I dunno how he got in there though. :sweat in the end I caught it and brought it back outside. Lucky for me it didn't poo around the place when I was chasing it :XD
hahaha, I wonder how he got in there? Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with a random bird incident on my record :p

welcome back to the blue, py and gk! :glomp i'm glad you guys are back!
Thanks~ :hug

I'm glad to be back too :amuse

:rofl

You reacted so normally afterwards, too! Funny that life just goes on after these things happen. :amuse
Well, it was just one of those random experiences that makes a good story, but nothing to freak out about. I thought it was pretty damn funny, myself :XD

But I do have to admit there are some damn dumb birds out there too, as Paper just gave an example of! Do you know what bird that was that flied in there, Paper? A pigeon?
Hmm, I'm not really sure. My ornithologically inclined great grandfather would be ashamed of me, were he still alive and kicking. But it was a very pretty bird, he had some deep blue wing feathers. It was actually kind of distracting, there he was causing chaos in my already chaotic apartment and there I was going, ooooh pretty feathers!

then u can call me sho'vah :p *is being a geek, and highly doubts anyone will understand*
Stargate? :oh
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As you wish Goddess..... :worship2


No power? so what did you do when the power went out? It must've been boring like hell.....
we were in the middle of watching the race, so we went to a sports bar/resteraunt and got some dinner and finish watching the race.
one of these days I'll experiment on myself to see if I can survive 2 months without power/electricity, without a bed to sleep in, just a floor, shower without soap, take a dump (bowel movement) using only 1 square of tissue paper, no TV/Radio/internet/reading material, one glass of water per day, and surviving only with minimum required nutrients.
why would you do that to yourself?! :wtf
Stargate? :oh
:D I was thinking the same too
okay, so im not the only uber geek here -_-;

ugh. all the warcraft survers are down right now x.x so they will prolly close it all down and start maintenence early this week... but wtf? they have this new big expansion they are all working on right now, and they can barely keep the game running as is! not to mention there are tons of problems caused by the last expansion they never fixed >_>

btw, its nice to have u posting again, py :p
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@rabb:

out of curiosity, to test my will to live, and to see if I can survive being non-materialist for a long time.

I don't know if I'll actually do it...it would take a lot of training and discipline to be able to go through it, I bet.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
one of these days I'll experiment on myself to see if I can survive 2 months without power/electricity, without a bed to sleep in, just a floor, shower without soap, take a dump (bowel movement) using only 1 square of tissue paper, no TV/Radio/internet/reading material, one glass of water per day, and surviving only with minimum required nutrients.
I have a suggestion. Why don't you join Survivor :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top