Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Nah, formalities don't excite me anyway. as long as I get that diploma, even if I didn't get to wear the toga, I'm okay :thumbs besides I'm moving on to culinary school so it's totally fine.

:hug anyway for the concern. ^^
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
And it wouldn't be fall here, rabb, because there's no winter at all. We only have 2 seasons, the dry and the wet. So our plants and trees don't usually go into fall-mode.
Wow, so it looks like Brazil #D At least at the north, we have 4 seasons: hot and dry, even more hot, hot as hell and the non-stop-rain. #D

Right now we're on the rainy season...it's been raining A LOT for 10 days now - i look at the window and i almost can't see the buildings, just rain....i love it.
Getting to work today was annoying, though. Terrible traffic due to rain...and i forgot my umbrella, so i'm soaked in a room with air-conditioning. Lovely. :(


Nah, formalities don't excite me anyway. as long as I get that diploma, even if I didn't get to wear the toga, I'm okay :thumbs besides I'm moving on to culinary school so it's totally fine.

:hug anyway for the concern. ^^
I want toga pics. >D
Aaaah i can't wait to wear miiine~~
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
so yesterday i had a party of 80 people that comes annually to eat n do whatever it is they do n they've done that for god knows how many years, they had a two-course meal and i made eveything to the main course and the headchef had already made the dessert, but, here's the thing, they said that the food (which i once again made) was the best they've had in the last 13 years! :confetti
damn stuff like that makes this job worth it. :woo
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I sure hope not. Anyway, I'm just waiting for the confirmation if my papers are enough. >.>

Meanwhile I have to go look for money! Coz I drained all of my allowance!

It's summer here in the Philippines btw, and it's friggin hot. I'm thinking it's spring in other countries? Any plans for spring break then?
lucky!!! you guys are in vaca already~ :( my cousins are all in hongkong right now... :scry

2 more months~~~ :s
Nah, formalities don't excite me anyway. as long as I get that diploma, even if I didn't get to wear the toga, I'm okay :thumbs besides I'm moving on to culinary school so it's totally fine.

:hug anyway for the concern. ^^
culinary? is bb gonna be a chef?

@ lil, they have a bunch of different flags. the union jack is the flag for the whole UK, while st. george's cross is just for england. ireland has its own, im not sure about scotland and wales, though... not to mention all the other colonies they still have. i guess they are kinda like state flags. but see, my question is, if the english dont want to be assiocated with the irish/welsh/scottish/what-have-you, then why dont they just say "okay, you can go free, be your own country"
Yea I kind of get confused about it, England is considered a country I'm pretty sure, but it's also one of the countries that are part of the United Kingdom, and as far as I can tell the UK uses the union flag, and England uses St.Georges cross? Or maybe they use them interchangeably? I dunno :confused
this just confuses me... :oh whichone is the st.george cross btw? the blue one or the white one? :amuse
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
@ lil, they have a bunch of different flags. the union jack is the flag for the whole UK, while st. george's cross is just for england. ireland has its own, im not sure about scotland and wales, though... not to mention all the other colonies they still have. i guess they are kinda like state flags. but see, my question is, if the english dont want to be assiocated with the irish/welsh/scottish/what-have-you, then why dont they just say "okay, you can go free, be your own country"
Its a tale that all little children learn. The making of the union jack. Once upon a time, there were two countries in a place far far away. They were called Scotsville and England. England was filled with a lot of crazy people with crazy ideas, who thought up great things like Toofball (but thats a story for another day..). The people from Scotsville thought those English are kinda cool. And so England and Scotsville made a union. They decided to be buddies, simply put. But they had a bit of a problem, they had two separate flags. So now which to choose to be the new flag was the question that puzzled these great minds of old. They thought and thought and after much pondering they decided to combine them (the hardest of problems usually has the simplest of solutions >.>). This was the first version of the Union jack.


Then to cut this long tale short, N. Ireland thought they might as well join in the party. But they also said they had their own flag, de ja vu? Well it was decided to stick the St. Patrick’s cross into the union jack, thus creating our current version. That’s how we got the union jack. But the home nations still use their old flags on occasion. Now in this story you might notice, Scotsville and N. Ireland got a fair deal and were included in the flag making, but Wales wasn’t! Well that question can easily be answered, nobody likes the welsh.:oh And with that i conclude our tale.

And actually rabb, the other countries are not under a tyranny. This might surprise you but they are "free".:sweat If they want to split from the United kingdom, all they simply have to do is make it law in their parliament. Recently Scotland thought about it, but in the end decided to stay.

@lil-chan - the flag there <<<<< :XD
@pirate - Dude, where ya been. I've been bored out of my skull. Leaving a comrade to the depths of boredom is low...i would never have thought it of you. :(
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
@Imp - i dunno, havent felt like hanging out that much on mh lately.. btw, im in the mood for another adventure soon you better br prepared dude :plot
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Right now we're on the rainy season...it's been raining A LOT for 10 days now - i look at the window and i almost can't see the buildings, just rain....i love it.
Getting to work today was annoying, though. Terrible traffic due to rain...and i forgot my umbrella, so i'm soaked in a room with air-conditioning. Lovely. :(
:o
you might get sick, agri-chan! Rain is lovely, just troublesome when you have to go do important stuff and walk in it. >.>


I want toga pics. >D
Aaaah i can't wait to wear miiine~~
And no, you can't have it. Because... I won't be joining the rites. :p

they said that the food (which i once again made) was the best they've had in the last 13 years! :confetti
damn stuff like that makes this job worth it. :woo
That's amazing, ippy-san! :glomp Wow, that's such an achievement! I wonder what the head chef thought?

lucky!!! you guys are in vaca already~ :( my cousins are all in hongkong right now... :scry

2 more months~~~ :s
two more months before going to the Philippines? don't you have vacation before that, Lil?

culinary? is bb gonna be a chef?
I will die if I don't become one. heh.

@Imp - i dunno, havent felt like hanging out that much on mh lately.. btw, im in the mood for another adventure soon you better br prepared dude :plot
I wonder if you've been reading any manga lately? Seems like you're too busy.
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
:o
two more months before going to the Philippines? don't you have vacation before that, Lil?
nope :scry but guess what!? I talked to my dad today and he told me and my sis to shop *a lot!* before we go back. he gave as a budget of
1000!!! *drools*

I'll shop 'til I'll drop~ *cliche saying.... :notrust*
I will die if I don't become one. heh.
why are you going to culinary school then? :blink


Its a tale that all little children learn. The making of the union jack. Once upon a time, there were two countries in a place far far away. They were called Scotsville and England. England was filled with a lot of crazy people with crazy ideas, who thought up great things like Toofball (but thats a story for another day..). The people from Scotsville thought those English are kinda cool. And so England and Scotsville made a union. They decided to be buddies, simply put. But they had a bit of a problem, they had two separate flags. So now which to choose to be the new flag was the question that puzzled these great minds of old. They thought and thought and after much pondering they decided to combine them (the hardest of problems usually has the simplest of solutions >.>). This was the first version of the Union jack.


Then to cut this long tale short, N. Ireland thought they might as well join in the party. But they also said they had their own flag, de ja vu? Well it was decided to stick the St. Patrick’s cross into the union jack, thus creating our current version. That’s how we got the union jack. But the home nations still use their old flags on occasion. Now in this story you might notice, Scotsville and N. Ireland got a fair deal and were included in the flag making, but Wales wasn’t! Well that question can easily be answered, nobody likes the welsh.:oh And with that i conclude our tale.

And actually rabb, the other countries are not under a tyranny. This might surprise you but they are "free".:sweat If they want to split from the United kingdom, all they simply have to do is make it law in their parliament. Recently Scotland thought about it, but in the end decided to stay.

@lil-chan - the flag there <<<<< :XD
@pirate - Dude, where ya been. I've been bored out of my skull. Leaving a comrade to the depths of boredom is low...i would never have thought it of you. :(
so the blue flag is the UK flag. and the white one is the England flag? basically? ....:XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
nope :scry but guess what!? I talked to my dad today and he told me and my sis to shop *a lot!* before we go back. he gave as a budget of
1000!!! *drools*
is that in dollars? :blink

why are you going to culinary school then? :blink
Eh? To become one? So I won't... um... die?
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its a tale that all little children learn. The making of the union jack. Once upon a time, there were two countries in a place far far away. They were called Scotsville and England. England was filled with a lot of crazy people with crazy ideas, who thought up great things like Toofball (but thats a story for another day..). The people from Scotsville thought those English are kinda cool. And so England and Scotsville made a union. They decided to be buddies, simply put. But they had a bit of a problem, they had two separate flags. So now which to choose to be the new flag was the question that puzzled these great minds of old. They thought and thought and after much pondering they decided to combine them (the hardest of problems usually has the simplest of solutions >.>). This was the first version of the Union jack.


Then to cut this long tale short, N. Ireland thought they might as well join in the party. But they also said they had their own flag, de ja vu? Well it was decided to stick the St. Patrick’s cross into the union jack, thus creating our current version. That’s how we got the union jack. But the home nations still use their old flags on occasion. Now in this story you might notice, Scotsville and N. Ireland got a fair deal and were included in the flag making, but Wales wasn’t! Well that question can easily be answered, nobody likes the welsh.:oh And with that i conclude our tale.

And actually rabb, the other countries are not under a tyranny. This might surprise you but they are "free".:sweat If they want to split from the United kingdom, all they simply have to do is make it law in their parliament. Recently Scotland thought about it, but in the end decided to stay.

@lil-chan - the flag there <<<<< :XD
@pirate - Dude, where ya been. I've been bored out of my skull. Leaving a comrade to the depths of boredom is low...i would never have thought it of you. :(
ok... now, im not trying to be argumentative, or anything, these are just the impressions/questions i have (keep in mind, i am just an other ignorant american :p) when was scotsland ever called scotsville? and i always thought that the scotish and irish were more hated than the welsh... i just read somewhere a few weeks ago that people with red hair are hugely discriminated against in england. and i seem to remember hearing about roving irish gangs and daily violence in north ireland...

and i never said it was a tyranny. i said boot their arses, not allow them to leave. XD if scotland and ireland made their own country together, though, it would be the worlds coolest country XD japan would be a close second, of coarse. :p

:o
you might get sick, agri-chan! Rain is lovely, just troublesome when you have to go do important stuff and walk in it. >.>
are you kidding? rain is awesome even when you have to walk in it! XD as long as it's a heavy rain, ya know? none of that drizzly sh!t... and thunderstorms are teh ultimate <3



And no, you can't have it. Because... I won't be joining the rites. :p
but i want to see you in robes :(


I will die if I don't become one. heh.
so will you cook for me if i ever get shore leave in the Philippines? can't have you dying now :p


nope :scry but guess what!? I talked to my dad today and he told me and my sis to shop *a lot!* before we go back. he gave as a budget of
1000!!! *drools*
:o so you're gunna wire me some moneyz, right?

I'll shop 'til I'll drop~ *cliche saying.... :notrust*
so wutr u shopping for?

why are you going to culinary school then? :blink
Eh? To become one? So I won't... um... die?
i lul'd XD

@ pirate, WTG! did you ever make their food before?
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
are you kidding? rain is awesome even when you have to walk in it! XD as long as it's a heavy rain, ya know? none of that drizzly sh!t... and thunderstorms are teh ultimate <3
I meant, (though rain is great and is a big part of childhood, etc) that if like, you have to go to work like agri-chan (or like say, buy some groceries, or go to an interview) where the ideal situation would be to keep dry, it's really a bad trip that rain messes you up. And if you're wearing slippers, some sand particles or whatever get splattered with the rain drops on your feet, and your pants get damp, etc. That's the annoying thing about rain. -_- Sometimes it can ruin the best shoes, like your suedes or your sandals, etc.

but i want to see you in robes :(
But I wouldn't be buying or renting just to take the pic, right? >.>

so will you cook for me if i ever get shore leave in the Philippines? can't have you dying now :p
of course! I'll make Filipino dishes for ya!

:o so you're gunna wire me some moneyz, right?
Um, Lil, include me in that list, please. ^^ I could really use some right now.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
are you kidding? rain is awesome even when you have to walk in it! XD as long as it's a heavy rain, ya know? none of that drizzly sh!t... and thunderstorms are teh ultimate <3
i disagree, rain is only good when you're inside. plus, rain=bad hair day almost always :notrust

i am totally with you on thunderstorms, though :kkthumbs they scare a lot of people, but i looove them. nothing else can lull me to sleep like that pitter-patter of rain against the window with the occasional gentle roll of thunder. a nap on a rainy day is seriously one of my favorite things ever :love
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
thunderstorms are just awesome :D
I love standing at the window and watch the sky, looking at lightnings and stuff ^^
and i personally love the rain >.> as long as it's not too heavy and not too drizzling. especially in summer, when the rain is a bit warm, i love walking through the rain! (i'm the kind of person who thinks of umbrellas as very annoying ballast and i hate taking one along with me. So, as long as i'm on my way home from wherever i am, rain is fine :D
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
being in the rain is like a a personal connection with the sky's almost like kinetic linking.
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
hm, i've never really seen it like that, i just feel comfortable in the rain.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I don't mind being in the rain if I'm not going to sch/work or anitin.. :XD

But I feel more active in rainy days >.< I will be bouncing ard and my frenz would be wondering wadda hack is wrong wif me.. :amuse
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It rains here a lot. Like a real lot. And its not rain that is predictable. The weather here is just moody. :darn Making me hate rain. :darn

ok... now, im not trying to be argumentative, or anything, these are just the impressions/questions i have (keep in mind, i am just an other ignorant american :p) when was scotsland ever called scotsville? and i always thought that the scotish and irish were more hated than the welsh... i just read somewhere a few weeks ago that people with red hair are hugely discriminated against in england. and i seem to remember hearing about roving irish gangs and daily violence in north ireland...

and i never said it was a tyranny. i said boot their arses, not allow them to leave. XD if scotland and ireland made their own country together, though, it would be the worlds coolest country XD japan would be a close second, of coarse. :p
There was never such thing as scotsville, i was making a rather cheesy joke. ._. And hating the welsh was joke too. ._. And the scots and irish are not really hated either. ._. Although your kinda right about ginger people. Its not widespread but their is discrimination. ._. And i long since stopped trying to understand what going on in northern ireland. But i think they stopped fighting. ._.

._.
@Imp - i dunno, havent felt like hanging out that much on mh lately.. btw, im in the mood for another adventure soon you better br prepared dude :plot
dude, im totally ready. Ill just get my lucky socks. ;) Btw, get on IRC. My msn has been acting up lately, and i cant go on it. :(
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I also hate rain but if it doesn't rain, then the world's water supply will be effected and we dont want that happening.
Yay,yay, I got my paycheck yesterday but....... I have to work today and tomarrow. My job sucks, im gonna quit when I find another one.
Oh and whats this talk about an adventure?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well I hate snow a lot as for rain too but a storm during a hot summer, a summer storm is so great, awesome etc

It's warm, it rains, there's thunder and lightning, it's just everything
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@koenosaki - i love your new avatar! they're such a cute couple ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top