Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:gasp not care about soccer?! :o you must be an evil zombie *cocks gun* you must go now. :laser actually, while i love soccer, if im not playing it, it isnt as cool... and not having time for it doesnt help much either.
awww......that's not very nice. i'm not evil at all :( sorry, but i just find soccer boring...


regarding one piece, it actually took me quite a while to get into it, but now i love it. it took me a few volumes to really "get it." some people i've talked to that don't care for it don't seem to have given it a fair shot, imo, but i realize that it isn't for everyone. it is a bit weird for some people's tastes and that's ok. i actually like its unpredictability and few mangas have made me laugh out loud as much as OP.

but hey, if you don't like it, you don't like it. such is the beauty of free thought :noworry
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
fuck football, fuck the euro cup, fuck germany fuck spain and die torres die!

ive just got my X360 and GTA4, lovin it :wtf

and now to actually get my ass in gear n download firefox 3 since well, my curent one has fucked up >_>;;
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Congrats, Epul <3

Ahhh, I work tonight and start my new job tomorrow D: I'm kinda nervous >.>
good luck with your new job LH!

Its where i am for most of the year. :oh (Birm --> Beorma, Ing --> Ingas, Ham ---> Ham, Birm-ing-ham :nuts) xDD Its saxon or something...
:XD I get it now.

yay, congrats to epul and ladyh for starting new jobs! :confetti
yay! congrats epul! :confetti
Thanks! :jbya

>_>;
:gasp not care about soccer?! :o you must be an evil zombie *cocks gun* you must go now. :laser actually, while i love soccer, if im not playing it, it isnt as cool... and not having time for it doesnt help much either.
I agree. You'll never know the beauty of soccer/football until you really play the game.

awww......that's not very nice. i'm not evil at all :( sorry, but i just find soccer boring...
I also have friends who thinks soccer is boring as well. When i ask them why, they give the classic reason most people who doesn't like soccer would say: "I just don't get it. Why would 22 people chase a single ball??" or "what's the fun watching 22 guys chase a single ball?" :XD
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
lol, i agree with how can you not find football interesting!?. though i'm not addicted to it like my twin brother is but..football is amazing!

one sport i never ever watch under any circumstances is american football; now THAT'S a sport i don't get...can someone please explain the rules to that game and how close it is to english rubgy?... because i never had the patience to understand it..
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
haha theres a 50/50 chance that i get fired now, i mean, i havent gotten better in two months n now im so god damn tired of bein sick that i aint gon go back to work until im sure im atleast 95% healthy and thus the headchef will have to start working evenings n weekends cause the new chefs are out of the game aswell -_-;
so your a chef, nice, I love food but I am too lazy to cook. What kind of food do you cook.
<hr noshade size="1">
Anybody but the germans. Anybody but the germans. Anybody but the germans. Anybody but the germans. *continues mumbling to self*

And congrats epul. :thumbs
Ive always wanted to ask you, whats up with ur avatar? Is there meaning to it or its just something that u put
<hr noshade size="1">
I believe spain is gonna live up to its reputation as underachievers and lose miserably to the Germans in the finals.... for all this euro2008, I've now got a cold a big headache for staying up countless time watching football... I'm hoping I'll be fit in time for the final..... :XD

anyway, guess what guys? I've finally got a job!!!! :jbya :confetti I'll be working as a software engineer. The pay is not that good but i can't be too picky since this is my first job. I'll start work on the 21st of july.
Congrats, just dont stress urself too much.

First job ehh, ur pretty lucky to have ur first job at 23. You never worked part time anywhere. I actually started working Saturadays today. More work but more money:tem
 
Last edited:

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
one sport i never ever watch under any circumstances is american football; now THAT'S a sport i don't get...can someone please explain the rules to that game and how close it is to english rubgy?... because i never had the patience to understand it..
American Football is very very close to Rugby, the only difference i think is the name.:(
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ it looks the same but isnt. The rules are way diff. Rugby is more like, "lets get in a circle over the ball and push, picks up the ball then runs, throws, bam, gets knocked out." Football is more like,"hut, hut, hike. He looks, he throws, he catches it, TOUCHDOWN!!!, ohh wait, there's a flag on the play, holding on the offense, no touchdown." I dont really watch rugby, I watch football and let me tell you something, there is penalties left and right, every year theres a new rule. But overall it's fun to watch. Rugby looks like it hurts more
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Congrats, just dont stress urself too much.

First job ehh, ur pretty lucky to have ur first job at 23. You never worked part time anywhere. I actually started working Saturadays today. More work but more money:tem
crazy as this might sound, but I have never ever work part time before. My only work experience is 6 month practical training. My family forbids me from doing any part time work when i was studying back in college.....
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, i heard the rules were different...
 

Ethan Hunt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
194
Reaction score
19
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
hey guys whats up
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Aint it a great day to be alive?
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
hey everyone!! how are ya doing?

I've been pretty busy with work and planning etc. I stopped work 2 weeks ago and I'm finally flying off tomorrow night to australia. :woo (hopefully there won't be any more strikes in Qantas :)

I also have friends who thinks soccer is boring as well. When i ask them why, they give the classic reason most people who doesn't like soccer would say: "I just don't get it. Why would 22 people chase a single ball??" or "what's the fun watching 22 guys chase a single ball?" :XD
I'm afraid I'm guilty of being one of them. :XD Well, I do watch the World Cup some times but never bothered to keep up with the various FCs.

@shiro-kun

in the (in)famous battle of pirates vs. ninja...I'm on the side of the ninja...

*runs from mass hoards of Johnny Depp fangirls*
Ninja? Bleargh. Never been a fan of them. Now if you say Samurai, that's a totally different thing. Pirates vs Samurai. That will be a tough one for me to decide. :XD
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Popular debate is Ninja vs Pirates,
In Japan that rivary is strong due to Naruto and One Piece and also Naruto Fansites and Especially One Piece Fansites carry a deep rivary (which sometimes can go to far):blink


and btw Samurai vs Pirates sounds intersting as well :o
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
perhaps, Samurais are peace lover. :XD I guess the only reason is because there isn't a current popular series on Samurais although they are no stranger to us.

Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Samurai 7, Afro Samurai..

Can you guys name other samurai series?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Can you guys name other samurai series?
um, how about gintama? it's kind of a samurai series. i've been watching the gintama anime lately and it's hilarious. highly recommend :thumbs

so samurai vs pirates, huh? hard to choose. i'm not sure i prefer one group over the other all the time. i think it depends on the character. but what i do know is that i like roronoa zoro, who is pretty much both at the same time :XD
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
so samurai vs pirates, huh? hard to choose. i'm not sure i prefer one group over the other all the time. i think it depends on the character. but what i do know is that i like roronoa zoro, who is pretty much both at the same time :XD
He is a Samurai-Pirate but since he is under the banner of a Pirate , He is on the side of the Pirates :tem
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
um, how about gintama? it's kind of a samurai series. i've been watching the gintama anime lately and it's hilarious. highly recommend :thumbs

so samurai vs pirates, huh? hard to choose. i'm not sure i prefer one group over the other all the time. i think it depends on the character. but what i do know is that i like roronoa zoro, who is pretty much both at the same time :XD
Gotta agree with that. Zorooooo ftw. :nuts

He is a Samurai-Pirate but since he is under the banner of a Pirate , He is on the side of the Pirates :tem
but he holds true to his samurai spirit!

Now, I wonder what would happen if there was a Ninja-Pirate?! Imagine all hell would break loose...
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Ninjas vs Pirates ehh, what's the Pirate gonna do, park his boat and swim to shore so he and the ninja can fight. I know you guys are talking about OnePiece, and I've never seen it but what can a Pirate possibly do to a ninja like Naruto or Sasuke. Sasuke would put all the Pirates under a genjutsu while Naruto FRS's them all in one hit. If that fails just do Karin on everybody
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
noooooooo Ninja Biasses :darn
and nooow were going to have Pirate biasses next :paperbag

:luffy(Pirates) vs :narutokyu(Ninja) (beware of overzealous fans!!)

@Azurel
A Ninja-Pirate is the compromiser between two groups:o, or Pirate Ninja lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top