So many pages since my last post here...!! Well, I guess that's what I get for going on a week-and-half leave of absence.
I'm so excited about the Patriots-Colts game this weekend. It's the first time in NFL history that two teams better than 7-0 have met in a game, it should be a spectacular event, no matter who wins.
What's funny though is I'm watching ESPN here and listening to Peyton and Brady compliment each other, you'd think they were lovers or something. They really admire each other.
Makes it kinda hard for me to root against Brady, too... but I will this weekend, don't worry.
Hmm, I read the thread, and saw some old posts...
american so-called football again? man.. ive tried watchin the superbowl, i fell asleep ffs..
Last year's Super Bowl WAS boring. It was sad. The AFC Championship was tons better.
Unfortunately most Super Bowls are boring. Although we did have a recent streak of Super Bowls that were exciting for a while. For example, Broncos-Packers in '98 was awesome. Titans-Rams in '00 was great.
In '02, the Patriots had a close game with the Rams in their first Super Bowl win. In both '04 and '05 the Patriots had close games again, with the Panthers and then the Eagles. Since then though Super Bowls have been kinda boring.
ACTUALLY. Indy is 6-0, Rabb. They haven't lost a game this season either; and they had last week off. Don't try and make the Colts look worse than the Pats. =(
Yep, Indianapolis is 7-0, and they haven't been slouches in the department - either offensively or defensively. In fact, Peyton's actually been winning games WITHOUT Marvin Harrison AND a proven slot receiver. That's incredible. Addai has really come on as a running back. So has Dallas Clark as a tight end. Reggie Wayne is bewildering opponents. If Marvelous Marvin comes back and their rookie, Anthony Gonzalez, catches on, their offense's even better.
And they have the best defense they've ever had, much better than last year, which pretty much nobody expected.
that's really weird, rabb...first of all, Miami did have a better second half, so it's not like they were
completely steamrolled...and second of all, Belichick did start putting in some subs, including QB's...and third of all, wouldn't they be more pissed if we did decide to go with the mercy rule? That's more than embarrassing, imho

Anyway, those kind of comments don't impress me....it just makes them sound like they're looking for excuses. It sucks to have a record like they've got, for sure, but they're not going to solve it by whining about things

well, I hope they have luck this week in London, I'll be rooting for them to get the win
I tend to understand the Redskins though. Though the score wasn't 70-7 or anything, you had the feeling Belichick likes to do two "fuck you" touchdowns at the end of every game nowadays.
Patriots better watch out though. If they cause any more resentment like that - teams being purposely embarrassed in front of their home fans - they're asking for some serious injuries, fights, and disrespect from other teams.
Spygate - being accused of cheating earlier in the year (they lost a draft pick because of it) - then there's their gloating in front of defeated teams such as the Chargers last year - and Bill Belichick being the sorest loser in NFL history - all that were already bad enough. No one will call the Patriots a classy organization because of all that.
No offense. xD