Archived The Hang Out Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
OUCH, OUCH! hearing that makes me want to cry.

my poor, poor ladyh :hug

did you require surgery to correct your acl and mcl?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
No, it was a minute tear, mostly just strain, and those tend to heal better on their own. I was supposed to have some exploratory surgery this fall, since it's been bothering me a lot more lately, but I didn't do it >.> I also broke my ankle the summer before my senior year of high school :/ Right after I joined MH, lol.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn just thinking of n knee injuries makes mine hurt. I hated surgery, I woke up and after a few weeks of not being allowed to bend my knee, there it was, in a cast, bent, and I was in a whole lotta pain. well that was when I was 9, since then my knees have gotten much shittyer. Oh well it just means I cant play basketball or join in a game of football but thats not a big deal.
I have inverted ankles so Ive sprained both of my ankles numerous times but I never broke one.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm seriously pissed off right now. I just told my roommate that I had a lot (and i mean A LOT) of reading to get done before tomorrow, and I asked her to keep it down. So what does she do? PLAY SHITTY MUSIC ON HER COMPUTER REALLY LOUD. I'm like, wtf? Why the HELL can't she use headphones? I shouldn't have to leave my damn room just to study.


and OMFG. Now she's talking to her boyfriend, too, LOUDLY since he can't hear her over her loud fucking music.
 
Last edited:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
No, it was a minute tear, mostly just strain, and those tend to heal better on their own. I was supposed to have some exploratory surgery this fall, since it's been bothering me a lot more lately, but I didn't do it >.> I also broke my ankle the summer before my senior year of high school :/ Right after I joined MH, lol.
omg that's terrible. i didn't realize that you were prone to injuries. :hug

are your injuries the reason why you want to go into pt?

Damn just thinking of n knee injuries makes mine hurt. I hated surgery, I woke up and after a few weeks of not being allowed to bend my knee, there it was, in a cast, bent, and I was in a whole lotta pain. well that was when I was 9, since then my knees have gotten much shittyer. Oh well it just means I cant play basketball or join in a game of football but thats not a big deal.

I have inverted ankles so Ive sprained both of my ankles numerous times but I never broke one.
i never had surgery which i'm sure is a good thing. i just had pt which helped a lot though i haven't been doing my routines that the pt recommended for me.

i sprained both of my ankles too but my right one is the one i keep spraining. it's so bad but now it doesn't take me that long to get up.

I'm seriously pissed off right now. I just told my roommate that I had a lot (and i mean A LOT) of reading to get done before tomorrow, and I asked her to keep it down. So what does she do? PLAY SHITTY MUSIC ON HER COMPUTER REALLY LOUD. I'm like, wtf? Why the HELL can't she use headphones? I shouldn't have to leave my damn room just to study.
<hr noshade size="1">
and OMFG. Now she's talking to her boyfriend, too, LOUDLY since he can't hear her over her loud fucking music.
oh no! is there any way for you to talk to someone (a mutual friend, a ra) who can do something about it?

if i were there, i would punch her for you if that makes you feel better.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn, that sucks, I hate when people do that. Oh get this its a Saturday morning right, and im sleeping in like a normal person and all of a sudden I wake up to hear the damn vaccum cleaner. I see my big sister vaccuming right in front of me and I look at my clock and its like 10:00, so this bitch had the nerve to wake me up cuz she felt like vaccuing our room. Did I stand for this, Hell No!

Oh yeah ive been to physical therapy 2 times. I didn't mind going cuz my physical therapist was HOT! :jk
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
omg that's terrible. i didn't realize that you were prone to injuries. :hug

are your injuries the reason why you want to go into pt?



i never had surgery which i'm sure is a good thing. i just had pt which helped a lot though i haven't been doing my routines that the pt recommended for me.

i sprained both of my ankles too but my right one is the one i keep spraining. it's so bad but now it doesn't take me that long to get up.



oh no! is there any way for you to talk to someone (a mutual friend, a ra) who can do something about it?

if i were there, i would punch her for you if that makes you feel better.
Yeah, that's part of the reason. the other part includes job stability and high pay =P

Yeah, the problem with sprains is that when you strain a muscle/tendon or sprain a ligament, they actually lengthen, and don't really contact back. That's why once you strain/sprain something, the same area is prone to more re-occurrences.

Our RA is never around :/

I wish I could through my roommate out the window ;___;
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, that's part of the reason. the other part includes job stability and high pay =P
that's true. a few of my friends are going that route and i know someone who is in that field and is making a lot of money now. it's a good and growing field.

Yeah, the problem with sprains is that when you strain a muscle/tendon or sprain a ligament, they actually lengthen, and don't really contact back. That's why once you strain/sprain something, the same area is prone to more re-occurrences.
i heard that too and it makes sense. i just wish i would stop spraining it.

Our RA is never around :/

I wish I could through my roommate out the window ;___;
that definitely sucks. is it too late to change rooms?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, it's too late. ARG, and now she keeps talking to me, even though she sees me intensely reading and highlighting my book =( At this rate I'll never finish reading ;___;
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:(

sorry about your roommate. i know that roommates play a factor in how your year goes and she doesn't seem like she's going to make it a positive one. i hope you're not living with her next year.

i guess you'll have to go to the library. how much reading do you have do?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I still have 65 or so to go for history, and 40 more for bio. I need to re-read for Psych and history too, probably :/ That's another 50 or so pages. so around 155 pages by tomorrow morning >.>

and dear God, she just turned on the TV ;___;


And I don't want to go to the library, it's all the way on the other side of campus and it's freezing and raining out right now/
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yikes, that's a lot of reading. can you get away with not reading it?

poor, poor ladyh :hug is there a study room in your dorm?
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow is that how college really is, luckily im still in highschool so I dont even have to study but do your best LadyH! You must overcome this obsticle by using the superior concentration you have developed from years OF READING MANGA! YOU CAN DO IT!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've only gotten through 16 pages in the last hour >.>; eep D=


Luckily the only stuff I absolutely positively HAVE to read is another 5 pages of history. Though the rest would be useful to have read, too >.>
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yeah college is a lot more work than high school hence why i say college made me dumb.

i don't know why but my study habits and concentration was a lot better in high school than in college. i need to be a better student.

good job, ladyh! i knew that you could do it :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
oops, I meant 50 pages of history >.>; GAH. D=

And my roommate is watching Maury Povich right now and there's this woman on there who's completely controlled by her boyfriend. She can't look at men, she can only shower once a day for 5 minutes before 9 am, she can't wear makeup and all this other stuff. It's pathetic. :/
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
oops, I meant 50 pages of history >.>; GAH. D=
i'm sure that you're done reading it by now :amuse

And my roommate is watching Maury Povich right now and there's this woman on there who's completely controlled by her boyfriend. She can't look at men, she can only shower once a day for 5 minutes before 9 am, she can't wear makeup and all this other stuff. It's pathetic. :/
that's a very sad existence. i hope she gets help.

i think what drives me more nuts are the girls who toss away their dreams in order to make their guys happy. this girl i know always wanted to be a researcher and now that she's engaged, she doesn't care. all she wants to do is stay at home and make her fiancee happy. hearing that makes me sick.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
A friend of mine, whom is a feminist, have the same view as snooge nee-chan. She thinks that by wasting the time you spent on your education and then ending up as a stay at home mom is like dragging the whole feminism movement one step back. She said that with an angry look on her face. :D
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol i don't get an angry face though. i just get frustrated. i just don't understand how people can throw away their dreams so quickly. didn't it mean something to them?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Maybe once it does. But somewhere along the way they got sidetracked and pursuing another dream. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top