Wow, some heavy themes arising on this thread huh? Well personally, I believe that a persons view on abortion is entirely dependant on their beliefs regarding death. Being an Agnostic myself, (but yet having beliefs belonging to a myriad different religions and ways of life), I believe abortion is fine as long as the would be baby is removed before any form of consciousness is attained. After that, a fine line is drawn between life and death. IMO, there are far worse things than death and if the baby would be coming into a world of sorrow, pain, torture (i.e. like being born a vegetable), then their better off not coming at all. Then again I beieve in reincarnation, so to me, that poor soul will be back anyway, and that terminated birth changed that souls karma, to possibly allow it to be born into the physical world in a completely different situation. Seeing as how only a select few people in the world believe in reincarnation, I can see how the topic is so controversial, lol