Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Arnie's shop would have been a great page to e-mail to friends, should Arnie kill the person in the background laughing frantically as if having inhaled lethal quantities of laughing gas... Really now, it would have been great. Too bad I know not of a single person that would make any sense out of it...
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
How may of people being online right now will watch the Olympic Games opening ceremony which is in about an hour?
(I guess I asked this question because I'm a bit bored sitting in a room, but I'd like to know will there be Three Hours Of Silent Truce here at MH or not). Let's call this a social and statistical interest. :amuse
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I dont watch Winter Olympics and TV here doesn't show the live opening ceremony of it. Besides, it getting too late already if I were to watch the opening ceremony. So , no. I am not going to watch it but maybe I'll follow the news from th papers.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Predator_U said:
How may of people being online right now will watch the Olympic Games opening ceremony which is in about an hour?
(I guess I asked this question because I'm a bit bored sitting in a room, but I'd like to know will there be Three Hours Of Silent Truce here at MH or not). Let's call this a social and statistical interest. :amuse
Watching it at the moment actually ^^
 

Cbot

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I live for the ninja art!
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Cbot said:
I live for the ninja art!
Too bad for you! That was quite boring, but there were some AWSOME moments. I bet you haven't seen and will never see a F1 Ferrari burning tires and circling few metres from worlds best athletes. :whoo :spaz
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That WAS a rather cool opening ceremony, though I was only able to catch some of it due to forum obligations :amuse
 

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Missed it :( But I saw Canada coming up with a hell lot of players. Then I saw another country who really tossed a coin to decide who is gonna carry the flag... :) (meaning that that country only had two players who participate the Olympic winter games).

Question: Is jamaica participating too? I recently watched a movie about a Jamaica team participating on the olympic winter games :d I see it happen. Four Jamaican men, smoking joints and sharing them with others :)
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Predator_U said:
Too bad for you! That was quite boring, but there were some AWSOME moments. I bet you haven't seen and will never see a F1 Ferrari burning tires and circling few metres from worlds best athletes. :whoo :spaz
F1 fans? :glomp :glomp

F1 needs more love!!! :yelling

I am a loyal Ferrari fan for 6 years now since I first knew about F1 in 2000 and watched it. I even won two tickets to watch the grand prix live in a grandstand seat but too bad, I did not go. :crying My mother was too worried about my safety. She was not willing to let me sit on the plane with my friend to go and watch the race live. :s
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
That's an interesting thing to know about you (and also kind of rare in Greece for a girl). It would be the kind of thing to include in the 25-50 or more things about yourself! ;) :thumbs
 

hatakescarecrow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
eileenting88 said:
F1 fans? :glomp :glomp

F1 needs more love!!! :yelling

I am a loyal Ferrari fan for 6 years now since I first knew about F1 in 2000 and watched it. I even won two tickets to watch the grand prix live in a grandstand seat but too bad, I did not go. :crying My mother was too worried about my safety. She was not willing to let me sit on the plane with my friend to go and watch the race live. :s
Well thats life. I'm a bmw fan though.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just letting you guys know I'll be gone for most of the weekend - got a photo job. Taylor will also be gone on a trip to Tokyo. Any of our mods will be happy to help you while I'm gone, however. Have fun.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
BMW partners with Sauber this year and Williams is left with Cosworth engine. I wonder where will these two teams be in this season. Tyres changing is allowed again by FIA and Honda seems to be dominating the recent test in Bahrain. Rose Brawn said Ferrari 248 F1 is fragile. Mercedes have their cars painted orange this year. :s
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Random thought: cars slowly destroy the Earth. Really FAST cars do it exponentially faster. And thats how I feel about emission producing vehicles. :amuse
 

hatakescarecrow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Crimson said:
Random thought: cars slowly destroy the Earth. Really FAST cars do it exponentially faster. And thats how I feel about emission producing vehicles. :amuse
Well F1 uses a special type of fuel that not made of natural resources.
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
.... :neutral, um, sorry to burst your bubble but that doesnt mean its not emission producing... :noworry
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
And what's wrong with destroying the Earth? :nuts

I envision a future where we'll have to do away with cars for a long while. Though I don't see it happening until maybe when my grandchildren have kids.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Perhaps they'll find an alternative energy for our cars so we don't have to live without them. There are already hydrogen engines (? dunno what it's called in English).

And on a site note: now that we talk about cars. My car broke on Friday. I was on my way home from library where I did some research for my domestic work and then it began to make weird chugging sounds. Fortunately the repair shop/garage was on the way so I left it there. I really hope it's not so heavily damaged that you can't repair it anymore. After all it's the 2nd car I have in 3 years, I don't want to make 3 cars in 3 years out of it. :darn
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Gold Knight said:
And what's wrong with destroying the Earth? :nuts
Protect what little we have is what I say. :amuse

Gold Knight said:
I envision a future where we'll have to do away with cars for a long while. Though I don't see it happening until maybe when my grandchildren have kids.
Dont think too hard on that one. Even the uber rich oil company execs know that our supply of fossil fuels will quickly dwindle. The conservationists give it to 2040 max. But even the petro hogs give it a 2060 deadline. Thats 54 years and counting till were at ZERO oil, gas, etc. Which means anything that uses oil, besides cars (basically half of every product in the world) will be impossible to make. And if you think the years seem rather close, google how many TRILLIONS (yes trillions) of gallons of gas the world uses every year. Honestly were not only in danger of the emissions these fuel powered cars produce, but also of running OUT of oil in general. There. Thats the outlook for your grandchildren :iik

Miso said:
Perhaps they'll find an alternative energy for our cars so we don't have to live without them. There are already hydrogen engines (? dunno what it's called in English).
That is what their called in English. And theirs only one line of possibly commercially viable, completely hydrogen cars in their prototype stages right now and its called the Toyota FINE line of Hydrogen cars. Im actually hoping they succeed in making these fully possible as I would like to own a car that HELPS Nature instead of destroys it.
 

hatakescarecrow

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Well I'll live to see u crimson living without cars.
Hydrogen cars are very expensive at the moment.Hybird cars costs 2 times of normal cars.
Speaking of nature, what about dying wildlife, depleting resources and other stuff?
However the next best thing could be fuel cell cars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top