Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
hatakescarecrow said:
Well I'll live to see u crimson living without cars.
Hydrogen cars are very expensive at the moment.Hybird cars costs 2 times of normal cars.
Speaking of nature, what about dying wildlife, depleting resources and other stuff?
However the next best thing could be fuel cell cars.
The only reason Hydrogen and Hybrid cars are expensive is because of giant oil companies. If a non gas powered car was cheaper and more affordable than a current day regular automobile then they would be selling at a ridiculous rate. Already we see this happening with hybrid cars which have waiting lists (like the Prius) that the companies cant even keep production up with. If they were cheaper it would get to the point where people wouldnt be purchasing gasoline, thus possibly bankrupting one of the, if not THE most lucrative business in the world. In the end its all about greed.
And yes, deforesting, illegal hunting, and excessive use of non-renewable reources are also major worldly problems, but considering the few people out there trying to prevent these things I personally believe that we should tackle one major problem at a time with every possible helping hand.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
And that's your lesson for the day, kids.... if you're going out, try to car pool. =O

I wouldn't mind if cars went out of existence though. We have so many traffic accidents and things like that - and the more people we have living in this world, cars become pretty useless for getting anywhere fast anyway. Sometimes I can actually walk to a place faster than I can drive to it, at Knoxville. If we were restricted to only using trains and buses and things like that, at least in the cities, I don't think I would mind. I guess I'm just not a fan of cars, and the soon we're rid of them, the sooner we'll all be better off.
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Gold Knight said:
And that's your lesson for the day, kids.... if you're going out, try to car pool. =O

I wouldn't mind if cars went out of existence though. We have so many traffic accidents and things like that - and the more people we have living in this world, cars become pretty useless for getting anywhere fast anyway. Sometimes I can actually walk to a place faster than I can drive to it, at Knoxville. If we were restricted to only using trains and buses and things like that, at least in the cities, I don't think I would mind. I guess I'm just not a fan of cars, and the soon we're rid of them, the sooner we'll all be better off.
Your officially, in my book, super cool, :thumbs. Thats definately how I feel. Ive actually had various opportunities to purchase a car but ive found that the 30 minute difference to get from one place to ther other with public transportation as well as the insanely reduced costs makes a car purchase worthless right out of the dealership. Add emissions, plus resource depravation and uve got the most negatives ever for a vehicle. I live in the worst place for traffic, Miami, Florida. This place is HELL on weekday mornings and during rush hour. I once sat in my parents car for about 3 hours in one avenue, and we only got as far as about 4 miles. I never ask them for rides anywhere anymore because not only do they arrive late for work, but so do I. And we leave an hour earlier than most people do too. The metro rail train on the other hand is incredible. Somehow, even though its definately an old train system, I can get from one side of the county to the other in about 30 minutes. Thats about 40 to 50 miles. I think everything but travel that requires crossing bodies of water should be restricted to trains. And hey, lets follow the Japanese in this case, make them all bullet trains. They dont necessarily have to be speed of sound reaching bullets either. 200, 300 mph is DEFINATELY fast enough (speed of sound is on average about 670-680 mph at sea level). :yondaime
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That'd be perfectly fine with me. It'd also cut into stress as well. If I didn't feel like I had to personally deal with traffic while going to work every time I have classes at college or had a photography job, I'd definitely feel a lot less stressed. Personally without cars I think there'd be less of a rushed, unfriendly atmosphere in all the cities.

I would definitely prefer trains.
 

geminis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I guess I'm kinda late asking this but is there something wrong with narutoforums and narutofan since I can;t seem to get to the sites threw my internet search bar?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yep, it's been hacked and DDoSed - it'll probably be back up soon, in the meanwhile you can just chill here or at Matt's backup backup forum.
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
=___________________________=

I'm a horrible member.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No You Aren't!!! And you're modded again =)
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm hungry. Someone tell me what to eat for breakfast.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Eggs, of course. Isn't that what Eileen taught you to always eat? XD
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Eggs!!!! :nuts

Nah nah!! :glomp

It has been such a long time. I miss you soo much. :hug

How's everything going on with you now? Fine?
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I miss you too, eileen. I miss your kind words and your sweet personality. <3

:hug

It's going better now that I'm here. I was afraid that I wouldn't be welcome anymore, but i was wrong.
 

uncanny_sama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
does anybody know what happend to NF? its down for 3 days already :(
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Welcome back Nah-nah! :hug
It's good to have you hear. I was eager to get to know you since I became a mod...;) so I hope I'll get the chance nowadays.[br]Posted at: February 21, 2006, 03:54:19 PM_________________________________________________
uncanny_sama said:
does anybody know what happend to NF? its down for 3 days already :(
It was hacked.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It will be back soon, Uncanny_sama. Unfortunately, it is down for the moment just like last time. =/

nah nah, of course you are welcomed here. Everyone is welcomed with open arms here. :hug
 

nah-nah

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
<333 thank you all for the welcome.

Actually, i feel bad that NF is down, but the bright side is i get to go back here. i will try to be more active.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yay!!! :knk

You should be more active around here. I know you can contribute a lot to this community. Do stay here akways.
 

uncanny_sama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
damn it got hacked again?!! >_<

well at least now i know i wont go to bed at 4.30 am xD
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yep, hopefully it comes up before the next chapter comes out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top