Archived The Hangout Thread v.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
pc = shit

Using pc for 12 years, with one switch never turned back again.
sorry I'd like to have a computer running without any problems. Following by logic.
 
Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
so doesn't disprove "mac = shit"
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
lol tbh I'm not a real Mac user as I do possess a PC and I run bootcamp on Mac quite often. :XD

Macs aren't really that different from PCs these days. Hence why the term referring to the current generations as "PCMacs". Ever since the switch of Apple to delegate their hardware to the same companies that PCs use(ex: CPUs from Intel and Graphics from Nvidia and ATI), there is really little to distinguish both machines other than OS and form factor.

I personally prefer PC simply because I can customize the hardware better. Mac limits this since I have to buy Mac specific RAM if I want to upgrade RAM and blah blah -_-; Mind you, this limits the chance of BSODs and hardware failure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I use a mac at uni for animation so I can see that it is perhaps superior when it comes to media, but I personally prefer PC but I think that's because I'm pretty much set in my ways in that regard.
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The only reason my Mac is superior in multimedia is because it has this huge 24" display with a WUSXGA+(the fullHD one) resolution lol :p
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You don't really need to customize a mac, because they're all top notched and never will you see one sold under for a 1000. they might sell for 999, but tax makes it over 1000

Windows-PC = shit, have fun having a vista that requires 1 gig of ram, while mac needs 512 mb. you need 8 gigs of ram on a windows-pc to match the performance of a 4gb ram mac.

Linux-PC = beautiful. I don't mind that. The power of Unix is flawles

Mac itself = is just beautiful and also is build on the power of Unix
mac+linux = the best of both worlds. the power of unix owns.

So yes TDA PC-Windows = shit
Have fun running programs knowing you will have to encounter viruses. And ofcourse deal with system crashes.

Those things don't exist in mac world.

p.s - Just to let you know.. I've been a mac hater for like 12 years, of course I was using PC. However, with one switch to mac. I'll never look at pc the same.
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
^
then go switch back to pc. No one's stopping you :amuse
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I use pc also. So you can't say shit now. :)
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
lol tda.

You will always make me laugh.

Anyway... I'm gona go the gym... and get ready for work.
Catch you later guys.
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Tbh all platforms have their pros and cons.

Windows is the most targeted by viruses and such simply because:
a) it is the most widespread OS
b) it is a consumer based OS, unlike Mac which is based off of Unix, a professional development OS

As for customization, I'm a cost efficient buyer really. I don't have loads of money to spend and the only reason I have a Mac is because I got it as a gift lol :p. I have a PC downstairs(since the Mac is in my room) and it basically has 5 times the power of my Mac roughly. I also want the possibility to upscale should my needs increase in the future rather than buy a whole new machine. With a PC, I can simply swap my CPU, graphics or RAM if I need a boost, while such things are not performable on my iMac. I'll simply need to buy a new machine once I want more power.

Both OSX and Windows have their pros and cons also. OSX manages networking far better than Windows IMO and the interface is more user friendly. User friendlyness is also OSX's main downfall as it leaves you little room to maneuver. I mean, OSX uses .app extensions to denote applications, but those are actually hidden folders for the programs while Windows does not hide it, all the folders are plainly shown so if a .dll file or something is not working correctly, you can find the root of the problem more openly with Windows. And before you ask, yes I've had an application failure on OSX before *gasp* Also note it's a pain in the bum not having a straightforward BIOS on OSX >_>

SO my conclusion after having both machines, I wouldn't personally say either is bad. Each have domains which are beneficial for each of them.
 

The Flash

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
426
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@ Em
You can access it

go to a application, right click and click on show contents.
The best part of a mac... if your computer science savvy , you can use a terminal and change whatever you want.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
New IE is faster than firefox.
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Opera & Google Chrome >.>

I used to like SpaceMonkey but it no longer exists :(
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
mimi is so smart, smarter than the boys when it comes to technology :luv
Soooo smart, I got lost after the first paragraph....

But then again I didn't sleep much yesterday, had a final.... Going to sleep now :)
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Google chrome is crap.
 

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I haven't tried Google Chrome.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Firefox is enough. <3 Opera's pretty decent as well so i've heard
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top