TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

regarding Peter's new tattoo and the transformation it undergoes, i have a theory that just came to mind, but i'm not completely willing to believe it myself yet. First consider the other person in the series with a disappearing tattoo, Niki. I've always found the split personality to be an odd effect as she already has the superstrength ability and the other people's abilities are more direct. Also consider that Linderman had his sights on Niki and DL for a long time. What if Niki's split personality was a result of whoever gave her the tatoo, someone with the ability to fragment someone's mind and the tattoo appears when that new personality emerges. Through Jessica, Linderman had aquired a powerful person to do his bidding.

As of now, Peter has an enormous arsenal within him and his big struggle is merely to relearn each of them. If a second personality like Jessica was for Niki awoke in Peter that was capable of wielding his full power, it would not only create a massive obsicle for the other heroes to overcome, but it creates a personal duel within himself similar to Niki's last season, but on a completely different scale.

For the Hiro story, i'm still going with my previous prediction that he will fill the role of the dragon in the Kensei legend
my biggest thought though lies in Hiro's quest with Kensei. in the legend, there is a dragon that helped strengthen Kensei. Since i doubt the series would include a real dragon, i think Hiro fills that role and through dramatic storytelling when the story is written into legend, Hiro is interpretted as the dragon. Hiro is falling in love with the swordsmith's daughter, which fits with the dragon wanting Kensei's love. Since all Hiro's actions in helping Kensei are being kept covert, there is no basis for the storytellers to suspect Kensei was trained by a human. with Kensei's healing ability, it is easy to see how regrowing his own heart after offering it to the dragon could be viewed by the people as a dragon's magic
 
Last edited:

hayateblitz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
217
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
New Zealand
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Very nice. I never really thought of that. Good insight ^^ I only assumed that the symbol appeared with the disappearance of the tattoo on Pete's arm was a result of his abilities to heal (Like Flash from Teen Titans when he had a tattoo - it rapidly disappeared cuz of his hyped metabolism = fast healing :P) Never thought it could be something more.

and Hiro being the dragon. That is a very strong possibilty. I just hope he doesnt .. well, just hopes he goes back to his time soon >.<

Though it was kinna melodramatic that Pete decided not to open the box.. a part of me is crying "Just open the freaking box!!!" Lol. But of course, insecurity doesnt work that way. Ah well.
 
Last edited:

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Uh just watched the episode and it was the best of season 2 so far. The others were kinda "slow" but it was perfectly fine. However this episode just had the total heroes feeling in it. Probably supported due to seeing Sylar back and the end was just kickass.

Nice theory sahu^^ I am really excited for the next episodes.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

this show is awesome. I'm a little too dedicated to it though, I really could have better spent my time. either way, I'm really excited for the new season. I bought the first season the day it came out, I was so pumped I downed it all in one week. There is so much to this!!!!

I don't want to get into speculation since spoilers aren't cool for anyone, but I would like to discuss Takezo Kensei. I wasn't sure how all this would pan out after the end of season 1, but so far it's my favorite part of the show. The only gyp was not seeing him beat up on those 99 Angry swordsmen.
I guess you're a much more bigger fan than I am. I just seat on my pc and re watch them but you could buy it too :)

I was also mad when I saw that they didn't show when Kensei took the scroll. How exactly does he fight? But I was happy to see that Takezo Kensei was finally greatful to Hiro.

regarding Peter's new tattoo and the transformation it undergoes, i have a theory that just came to mind, but i'm not completely willing to believe it myself yet. First consider the other person in the series with a disappearing tattoo, Niki. I've always found the split personality to be an odd effect as she already has the superstrength ability and the other people's abilities are more direct. Also consider that Linderman had his sights on Niki and DL for a long time. What if Niki's split personality was a result of whoever gave her the tatoo, someone with the ability to fragment someone's mind and the tattoo appears when that new personality emerges. Through Jessica, Linderman had aquired a powerful person to do his bidding.

As of now, Peter has an enormous arsenal within him and his big struggle is merely to relearn each of them. If a second personality like Jessica was for Niki awoke in Peter that was capable of wielding his full power, it would not only create a massive obsicle for the other heroes to overcome, but it creates a personal duel within himself similar to Niki's last season, but on a completely different scale.

For the Hiro story, i'm still going with my previous prediction that he will fill the role of the dragon in the Kensei legend
my biggest thought though lies in Hiro's quest with Kensei. in the legend, there is a dragon that helped strengthen Kensei. Since i doubt the series would include a real dragon, i think Hiro fills that role and through dramatic storytelling when the story is written into legend, Hiro is interpretted as the dragon. Hiro is falling in love with the swordsmith's daughter, which fits with the dragon wanting Kensei's love. Since all Hiro's actions in helping Kensei are being kept covert, there is no basis for the storytellers to suspect Kensei was trained by a human. with Kensei's healing ability, it is easy to see how regrowing his own heart after offering it to the dragon could be viewed by the people as a dragon's magic
That's a very good theory man, maybe that girl is part of Linderman's group. And her goal is to control to control Peter at ease. We'll just have to see if Peter will be able to use his powers easily when he's in danger. Also, Nikki also had a desapearing tattoo but when does she become strong? Most of the time is when she looks in a mirror but now we know that sometimes her other side Jessica just decides to take over. If you're theory is true will Peter have a split personality as well?

I am really starting to believe that Hiro is the dragon as you previously said last week. HOwever, I wonder how he will have stay there.

Very nice. I never really thought of that. Good insight ^^ I only assumed that the symbol appeared with the disappearance of the tattoo on Pete's arm was a result of his abilities to heal (Like Flash from Teen Titans when he had a tattoo - it rapidly disappeared cuz of his hyped metabolism = fast healing :P) Never thought it could be something more.
Well, when even though it Pete's healing abilities that made the tattoo disappear, I had to think there was something more to it because it just turned into to "Godsending abilities sign", I just hope we find out soon enough.



Uh just watched the episode and it was the best of season 2 so far. The others were kinda "slow" but it was perfectly fine. However this episode just had the total heroes feeling in it. Probably supported due to seeing Sylar back and the end was just kickass.
1)Yeah there was something more to that episode, we had to see a little bit of action, especially with Peter.
2) I don't trust the flying guy even more now, remember he had something in his neck like the company always used to do when they found someone with powers. What if he's not really after Claire but he's just using her to get to Mr. Bennet ( I liked how they used Horn Rim glasses in the episode)

3) It looks like Mr. Bennet is going to be killed just like Hiro's dad, I just would like to know who and why would they try to kill him.

4) Sylar, I was so happy to see that guy again and really there no change in his personality. He seems to be unable to use his powers until his wound is healed (imagine if he had Claire's powers). He killed the girl that make illusions and go wherever she was but his powers are not back yet. I feel bad for him cuz he's in the middle of nowhere (except a bunch of trees)

5) I was also happy to see to Micah and Nikki again. It seems that Nikki is asking the company to help her out while Micah went to her grandmother's house. Don't you guys have a feeling that she has powers as well?

6) I cannot wait to see the mexicans twins, Mayah and Alejandro get to America, their journey just seems to be too long and I just want to see what Suresh will tell them.
 

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yay! Go Sylar, he's my favourite and least favourite character :P

Also, that tattoo is very interesting. I dunno why, but I have a feeling that the necklace has something to do with his memory loss, or something a long the lines of that. Why didn't they take the necklace off of peter after he was taken to the pub? Maybe, the girl has something to do with it? She was the one giving him the tattoo, after all
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sahu- umm, seem logical.. :)

2) I don't trust the flying guy even more now, remember he had something in his neck like the company always used to do when they found someone with powers. What if he's not really after Claire but he's just using her to get to Mr. Bennet ( I liked how they used Horn Rim glasses in the episode)

3) It looks like Mr. Bennet is going to be killed just like Hiro's dad, I just would like to know who and why would they try to kill him.
I kind of have a mix feeling about that West kid.... in the graphic novel he didn't seem that bad though, but most likely he will somewhat responsible for Mr. Bennet's death.

3- well there are alot of reasons to kill off Bennet... :)

4) Sylar, I was so happy to see that guy again and really there no change in his personality. He seems to be unable to use his powers until his wound is healed (imagine if he had Claire's powers). He killed the girl that make illusions and go wherever she was but his powers are not back yet. I feel bad for him cuz he's in the middle of nowhere (except a bunch of trees)
well, according to wikipedia CAndice was suppose to be alive and team up with Sylar a few more episodes but the actress was temporary unavailable so they kill her off. But she was too stupid and over confident to think Sylar would not do anything to her.

5) I was also happy to see to Micah and Nikki again. It seems that Nikki is asking the company to help her out while Micah went to her grandmother's house. Don't you guys have a feeling that she has powers as well?
Nikki also caught the disease i think, and yeah i think the grandmother may have some kind of power too.

6) I cannot wait to see the mexicans twins, Mayah and Alejandro get to America, their journey just seems to be too long and I just want to see what Suresh will tell them.
I think they will meet Micah first since he is closer to them than Suresh but who know..

The biggest mystery so far would be how did Peter ended up in Ireland and why they didn't guard him closely. Maybe they will use the his memory loss as a way to manipulated him to work for the company.

As for Mr. Bennet i am pretty sure he will created some hell for the company before they killed him off.. or and the alchemy guy is listed among the original twelve according to wikipedia in the group with Charles Deveaux, Linderman, Kaito, and the Petrelli.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I believe that Micah's grandma is one of the original Heroes. She just had that kind of introduction.

As Kadodo I hate stalker boy even more. The show is interesting but only Hiro is an actual hero anymore. I mean look at Clair and Peter, they are just run of the mill bad guys now. Well at least Matt and Mohinder try, maybe only a true evil like the Boogeyman can actually bring out the hero in our group of Heroes.
 

hayateblitz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
217
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
New Zealand
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I guess, the meaning of "Heroes" in this show doesnt necessarily mean they have to save the world. Its all a matter of perception. If you were to save the life of the gangster boss, you will be his hero in his eyes :P So in a way, Peter is still acting like a hero,, but not the one you expect him to be.

It'll be cool if Micah's grandma is one of the original Heroes! Maybe she has some sort of telepathy powers.. since she was very very confident that DL was innocent :) But that would mean she might die? O.O

On wikipedia, it says there'll be an episode called "Four Months Ago". So i'm thinking that'll explain how Peter got to Ireland and all that :P
 

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

regarding Micah's move, first of all, that is his great aunt not his grandmother. we met his grandmother in Vegas last season. second, does anyone find it odd that so soon after one member of the original Star Trek is killed off, another pops up to replace him? by the end of the show, the great and powerful Bill Shatner (Denny Crane!!!) will be revealed as the ultimate hero. Seriously though, i would not be surprised if she ended up as one of the original heroes more for the sake of developing Micah than anything else
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Hmmm attempting daylight robbery while also being wanted for murder.
Clever, very clever.
The mexican girls powers still mystify me. She seems to kill them, then her brother can bring them back to life by 'purifying' her.
Its just bizarre.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Hmmm attempting daylight robbery while also being wanted for murder.
Clever, very clever.
The mexican girls powers still mystify me. She seems to kill them, then her brother can bring them back to life by 'purifying' her.
Its just bizarre.
Her power is still a mystery for me as well but I just realized something. Remember when she was in the precinct, she made the officer arrest her on purpose so she could get mad. So based on that, I think her powers depend on her emotions.

Sahu- umm, seem logical.. :)






well, according to wikipedia CAndice was suppose to be alive and team up with Sylar a few more episodes but the actress was temporary unavailable so they kill her off. But she was too stupid and over confident to think Sylar would not do anything to her.



Nikki also caught the disease i think, and yeah i think the grandmother may have some kind of power too.



I think they will meet Micah first since he is closer to them than Suresh but who know..

The biggest mystery so far would be how did Peter ended up in Ireland and why they didn't guard him closely. Maybe they will use the his memory loss as a way to manipulated him to work for the company.

As for Mr. Bennet i am pretty sure he will created some hell for the company before they killed him off.. or and the alchemy guy is listed among the original twelve according to wikipedia in the group with Charles Deveaux, Linderman, Kaito, and the Petrelli.
Well, I think that girl Candice that was with Sylar would have been killed off anyways by Sylar. What's bothering me is who was she talking on the phone with?

Peter being in Ireland and without no memory of whom he is is a great mystery to me as well but you never know what could happen in four months.

The Alchemy guy? I don't think I remember who that is....

I believe that Micah's grandma is one of the original Heroes. She just had that kind of introduction.

As Kadodo I hate stalker boy even more. The show is interesting but only Hiro is an actual hero anymore. I mean look at Clair and Peter, they are just run of the mill bad guys now. Well at least Matt and Mohinder try, maybe only a true evil like the Boogeyman can actually bring out the hero in our group of Heroes.
Yeah, West is definitely too suspicious, I think they just put him here so that Claire could have a role in the show. But seriously though, i think we'll find out more about him. since Claire is like his girlfriend now, i think it would be time for us to find out about his parents.

I guess, the meaning of "Heroes" in this show doesnt necessarily mean they have to save the world. Its all a matter of perception. If you were to save the life of the gangster boss, you will be his hero in his eyes :P So in a way, Peter is still acting like a hero,, but not the one you expect him to be.


On wikipedia, it says there'll be an episode called "Four Months Ago". So i'm thinking that'll explain how Peter got to Ireland and all that :P
Yeah, Heroes is actually not going the same way it was going last year but it's still my favorite show nevertheless. They act different and all but I think we need the show to start a little bit slow before we get some action.

I can't wait for that episode because 4 months ago will give us lots o answers.

regarding Micah's move, first of all, that is his great aunt not his grandmother. we met his grandmother in Vegas last season. second, does anyone find it odd that so soon after one member of the original Star Trek is killed off, another pops up to replace him? by the end of the show, the great and powerful Bill Shatner (Denny Crane!!!) will be revealed as the ultimate hero. Seriously though, i would not be surprised if she ended up as one of the original heroes more for the sake of developing Micah than anything else
Oh that his aunt, my bad. I felt like she had powers just by looking at her. She might be one of the original heroes, you never know but that can mean 2 things. Either she might be killed like Hiro's father or she's among the people that killed Hiro's father.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

An episode without Hiro and Peter... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the fact that Matt's dad is the Nightmare Man tough. Can't wait to find out more about the original 12 heroes. :p
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I know right, that episode had none of the characters that the fans favored the most. However, I still liked that episode. I have a new character that I love very very much. I don't remember her name but that new black girl (who's Micah's cousin) really amazes me. I mean it seems to me that if she sees something once, she'll be able to do it. However, I have a feeling that she does not really have control over it. Also, I think she could only do it if she sees it on tv.

Personally, I think Claire needs to play a bigger role in the show. As of right now, she's just a lying little girl playing with a flying boy but I was glad to hear that she will cheer again.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

er... I thought that the cheerleading thing was a lie. she spent all night with lover/stalker-boy-who-is-way-to-possesive-and-is-going-to-go-absolutely-mental-when-she-breaks-up-with-him-and-die.

I always enjoyed Matt the best. His story felt the most relatable. He actually used his powers in the way most people would, and he used them for both good and selfish reasons. He had a specific love for Molly, dealt with real problems the way people deal with problems and does what he cans in any given situation. Remember his future self? He actually worked with the government which I thought was cool. So now seeing him actually have to fight the boogeyman to protect and save Molly actually gives him the screen time he deserves and will really develop his powers I believe. Go Matt!
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

er... I thought that the cheerleading thing was a lie. she spent all night with lover/stalker-boy-who-is-way-to-possesive-and-is-going-to-go-absolutely-mental-when-she-breaks-up-with-him-and-die.
I know it was a lie but the dad is going to let her be a cheerleader right? So I guess she's gonna be one.


I always enjoyed Matt the best. His story felt the most relatable. He actually used his powers in the way most people would, and he used them for both good and selfish reasons. He had a specific love for Molly, dealt with real problems the way people deal with problems and does what he cans in any given situation. Remember his future self? He actually worked with the government which I thought was cool. So now seeing him actually have to fight the boogeyman to protect and save Molly actually gives him the screen time he deserves and will really develop his powers I believe. Go Matt!
I really hope that Matt will be able to do something new with the powers he has. It'll be very interesting to see it happen. Especially against his father.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

here is my theory on matt's father's powers (for anyone that cares).
I think he has sort of the opposite of matt's power. Matt has the ability to enter other peoples consciousness, while I am getting the feeling that his father has the ability to draw others into consciousnesses into himself.
Only problem with that is, if it is true, matt will effectively be helpless if he meets his father, know what I mean?
 

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I know, no hiro or peter!

Oh well, I like the new girl too.
I wonder what matt's gonna do now that his father has molly trapped in her own mind...
Hmm.. I don't think matt's powers are in anyway related to his father's character, just like nathan and claire's powers, even though they're related.
Yeah, claire also needs to play a bigger role in the story... I'm guessing west has some sort of connection with the original 12 as well, just like everyone else, not too sure whether or not west is "evil" or not though, he seems ok, but I'm probably wrong, like I always am :P
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, I know, no hiro or peter!

Oh well, I like the new girl too.
I wonder what matt's gonna do now that his father has molly trapped in her own mind...
Hmm.. I don't think matt's powers are in anyway related to his father's character, just like nathan and claire's powers, even though they're related.
Yeah, claire also needs to play a bigger role in the story... I'm guessing west has some sort of connection with the original 12 as well, just like everyone else, not too sure whether or not west is "evil" or not though, he seems ok, but I'm probably wrong, like I always am :P
I'm not sure what his dad's powers are but Matt has to save Molly or he'll really regret asking for that favor. I wonder what he'll be able to do since he can only read minds.
I'm glad somebody else likes the new girl, her character is kind of cool.
 

hayateblitz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
217
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
New Zealand
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Season 2, Episode 3, last few minutes of show, breaking out of jail: * "Take me with you.. I have a car..". Twins look at each other, grab the man, and hopped into this random car - supposedly the guy's car that just so happens to be coincidentally parked in front / near the police station.*

<-ROFL!!! what is this?! It seems like the directors ran out of ideas as to how to get them away from the police AND attaining a car within one episode X< ah... i dont know what to make of it. ..
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 STARTS 09/24/07 : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

why gabriel is not sylar anymore?? interesting and didnt see that one is coming. i thought he is sick and in need of blood of dr.suresh but he doesnt look like sick, weird and dunno why i dont want him get powers of mexican twins :)

by the way i didnt get well with new, black lady's abilities..i think radioactive man (didnt remember his name) was more interesting character, too bad he is death
 
Top