TV THE HEROES THREAD: [SPOILERS]

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I surely hope that the writers strike will end soon. Do you guys think we'll have to wait until next fall to see more of Heroes? Cuz that will suck.
I dunno, Prison Break ended early because of the writers strike too, and the new season is starting in January, so I don't think that we'll have to wait until fall for the next season
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well this isn't a season so much a chapter. Or a story arc. Albeit a very lame story arc where they kill off anyone who is interesting and left us with a lot of questions.

I mean just when I was starting to like West it looks like he no longer is apart of the show, I could honestly care less about Maya and Monica. Hell Alejandro was a very cool character and he dies in one of the only real fights of the season.

As for the invisible blade theory, I stand by it because everybodies telepathy has been very blunt and the hand gestures are different.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Volume 3 is called Villains, I wonder what other heroes would fit in as the villains. Mrs. Petrelli is really holding to many secrets. As of right now, there are 3 things I would really like to know.

1) Where is Mr. Petrelli (Nathan's father). Is he really dead? Could he have been the one to kill Nathan?

2) Why is it so important for the heroes to be kept secret?


3) Where the hell is the haitian?
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

does anyone noticed "popeye" thing at the episode!!!!! when i figure i really smiled :D

at the final, sylar gets "the can" and says i am back, if you look at the can, spinach writes on it. popeye eats spinach gets power and sylar gets spinach says i am back :D
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Thanks for the mega upload. I wont return to this thread until Ive caught up but Ive missed the series twice when it aired here and I really wanted to watch it, I got upto episode 4 but then Megavideo seemed to decide it didn't love me anymore. Thanks for the links to get them most helpful!
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Hmm, could someone link me or upload season's two comics of Heroes? I haven't downloaded any so far and would like to catch up.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I didn't like this season at all. It started very well with some suspension. A virus, adam monroe, peter petrelli having amnesia,... all interesting parts in a story that isn't even worth to be called a story. Come on, I thought about more complex things, etc... But no it wasn't even worth to predict because it is all easy.

And what about shooting nathan, and what about his mother saying that pandoras box is opened. And what about sylar getting his powers back. Noah bennet just joining the company back. This is all lame to continue.

I really doubt watching this in the future (this is like a new lost, a new prison break that seems to never end with futile stories to go on)
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I agree that I feel just when the story could have become good they quit. The 3rd chapter would have been awesome if Claire or Nathan actually exposed their powers, and now we have the same sense that instead of the Heroes taking charge we now once more have a mysterious force (Linderman, Adam Monroe) controlling behind the scenes. 2 chapters of this is a bit much, but remember this isn't a season. The best two episodes of Heroes last season for me by far were Family Man (the one were Ted blows up in Claire's house) 5 years later (when Hiro goes to visit President Sylar) and the season finale. All in the later arc after much build up in stories.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

well i am pretty disappointed with the company.. its number one leader Bob has to do all the grunt works (i prefer he to stay hidden, like the akatsuki leader), as for their agents... where are they? only Elle left? I do not believe they have enough power to fight again Sylar, once he regained his power (and knew about the company through Mohinder).
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I definitely agree that the first season totally beat the second. There were a lot of repetition in Season 2 and the last episode was just too quick, they rushed everything. I really would like to know who Peter and Nathan's father was. And believe or not I would like to see more of Claire's biological mom, she has the power of fire doesn't she?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Season 2 finale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Season 1 finale


Also, a friend of mine believes the killer is Noah, which makes sense because he needs to pay back for his crimes against the company, and this is a great start.
 
Last edited:

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I was thinking about noah being the killer as well, but the press conference was in odessa, I believe, and Noah was all the way in...where ever their house is
Matt, I believe, was the only person to see the killer, albeit from behind, so wouldn't he be able to read the killer's mind, or control his mind? Unless his power has some sort of limit in terms of distance.
I would also like to learn about Mr. Petrelli, and Claire's mom, but i was also wondering if Hiro's mother had powers...And if only one parent has powers, does that mean that the child's powers would be "weaker", harder to control or less "developed"?
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well, we know that both Claire's parents had powers and Claire's power is pretty useful right now, isn't it? For Micah, we know that Jessica and D.L. both had powers but Micah's powers are not really that strong are they? I don't think that it makes a difference. Look at Sylar, his mom did not have any powers but I'm not too sure about his dad since we don't have any information about him. However, Sylar tuned out to be a great villain with amazing powers right? So I don't think the powers depend from the parents but it just a question of how lucky you are.


I just thought of something, and I think it will great for when Heroes come back. We know that Nathan got shot in the latest episode. Remember that Nathan got two sons? What if these sons actually had powers? It would be cool to see another child Hero in the story.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

It would be cool to see another child Hero in the story.
No it wouldn't, Micah has punished me far enough. Children in Heroes never do anything but get hunted by Sylar or abducted by Linderman or some other weird fiasco. In other words children are plot devices, not interesting characters.

I want a real conflict. So far we have had two chapters of the company doing their normal abducting. Two chapters of Peter discovering his powers, oh and two chapters of one bad guy killing off very minor characters (Sylar, Adam.) Wait I take that back, Sylar killed persuasion girl AND Issac Mendez AND Ted all of which were major characters. Adam killed old people.

Hopefully next chapter they do away with the secrecy and start making big waves in the "Heroes" world.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well, I said I wanted new children because I wanted them to play a bigger role in this whole thing. I'm really mad that they give these kids powers that don't really serve something.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Well, we know that both Claire's parents had powers and Claire's power is pretty useful right now, isn't it? For Micah, we know that Jessica and D.L. both had powers but Micah's powers are not really that strong are they? I don't think that it makes a difference. Look at Sylar, his mom did not have any powers but I'm not too sure about his dad since we don't have any information about him. However, Sylar tuned out to be a great villain with amazing powers right? So I don't think the powers depend from the parents but it just a question of how lucky you are.
Go read any x-men epic saga with Cable in it -_-

Micah's power is almost omega level in my opinion. And to be quite honest, I think once it evolves, it allows him to fix ANYTHING/speak with anything, equal to Sylar and Peter's power. Remember when he hugged his cousin, and she first started using her powers? I think he's the reason for that, it wasn't coincidence, I think Micah is like Elixir + Cable... which means he's the strongest character to date as long as he can touch you, he can shut down your body, your power, or turn you into superman.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Go read any x-men epic saga with Cable in it -_-

Micah's power is almost omega level in my opinion. And to be quite honest, I think once it evolves, it allows him to fix ANYTHING/speak with anything, equal to Sylar and Peter's power. Remember when he hugged his cousin, and she first started using her powers? I think he's the reason for that, it wasn't coincidence, I think Micah is like Elixir + Cable... which means he's the strongest character to date as long as he can touch you, he can shut down your body, your power, or turn you into superman.
Well, that's a good way of putting it. Maybe he can communicate with any Heroes or find out if someone is a Hero at first sight.
 

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

But Sylar, at first, never had any /real/ power...it looked really weak at the beginning, probably the only thing that he could do was....nothing....It's not his power he's using, it's stolen powers that he stole with his useless powers.
And I think Micah has the potential to be really powerful... What I mean is, like when the powers are fully developed, will the people with only one side of their family as "heroes" have a "harder" time controlling it, or maybe have a weaker power or more limitations with their power then someone with both parents that have powers?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: SEASON 2 IS OVER : Beware of SPOILERS!!!

No, anything that is confusing will not be aired. Heroes won't and probably never will get into Micah's potential, they'll focus on Hayden and Bell to death and have overpowered Hiro and Peter save the world again.

You know, originally season two was supposed to have a new cast, I imagine the executives of NBC forced them to reuse the old standbyes. Seriously that company is whack, they fucking cancelled my Journeyman and are going to keep Life >_<
 
Top