TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So re watched the Episode No Tomorrow and the encounter with the random girl in the club happens 13 minutes and 47 seconds into the episode and thats who i think the mother is
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re watched!
I don't know, Channy... that kind of scene happens a lot in bars. I think that scene is just to be verisimilar.
 

Channy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
292
Reaction score
169
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont know for some reason the scene just stuck out at at me but whatever

Some good news is HIMYM signed on for two more seasons
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know if this airs on British or Portuguese TV? I've given up looking for it on television, so I've resorted to downloading it online. I've started watching the 1st season and so far I've really been enjoying it!
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just watched the very first episode of How I Met Your Mother's new season. Last scene is just =O
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thread Bump!

A First Look at Season 8's Premiere episode:



Here’s what we know for sure: The episode will contain what executive producer Craig Thomas has billed as “the deepest flashfoward into that monumental future wedding day of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin (Cobie Smulders)” that fans have ever seen. Additionally: “We’re going to show the fans a glimpse of something that we hope will blow their minds,” he told EW.
Well, if Barney left Robin at the altar, that would certainly blow my mind — but I don’t think it’s what Thomas is referencing. In fact, it can’t be. Because it would break my heart too much. Also, they wouldn’t give it away in a photo. And Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) would totally be able to stop him. And… I need to stop rationalizing. We’ll just have to see for ourselves in the season opener, airing Sept. 24.

Definitely very curious about the "mind blowing" part and "deepest flashforward" but considering how much trolling that normally happens during the flashforward and the waiting time we have to go through, I'm pessimistic. Could end up being a solid season if Barney and Robin's relationship is handled right and we start seeing some progress with Ted regarding the mother.
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks for posting this, Bob. :amuse I hadn't heard anything about the upcoming season before this. I'm wondering if the "blow your mind" part is related to the mother, since we already know they meet at Barney and Robin's wedding. That would be my guess, but who knows.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting this, Bob. :amuse I hadn't heard anything about the upcoming season before this. I'm wondering if the "blow your mind" part is related to the mother, since we already know they meet at Barney and Robin's wedding. That would be my guess, but who knows.
It's the only thing I can think of too. I also wonder if the "mind blowing" and "flashforward" are 2 separate stories or relate in some way. Not too long to go now, so we'll find out soon.

Casting news:

EW has learned exclusively that exiting Saturday Night Live cast member Abby Elliott has scored an arc on the upcoming season of HIMYM, which kicks off Monday, September 24.

Craig Thomas(series screenwriter) says : "We're thrilled to have the hilarious Abby Elliot joining us in an arc as Janeane, the craziest girl the HIMYM gang has ever encountered. And the strange, inexplicable phenomenon is : the crazier Janeane gets, the more attractive one of the gang finds her. It doesn't end well".

Abby Elliott’s father, Chris Elliott, also recurs on HIMYM, playing Lily's father, Mickey Aldrin.

Abby Elliott's first episode will air sometime in the new year.

 

Buffynut

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
476
Reaction score
1,261
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thought I'd try to revive this thread because I really love this show, even if it's kind of putt-putting along lately...

First of all, I'm one of the few that really like the Barney & Robin relationship and have since the beginning. When she wore a suit and was Barney's "bro" I knew there was something there with these characters. And I can understand why other viewers aren't as into the pairing. Ted's story has almost taken a backseat for the past year or so, but the writers are pretty talented and I think they know what they are doing.

That's what I like most about the show, the writers and their ability to bring everything back around at one point or the other.
 
Top