The Illuminati-Manga Thread

imintheradio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
guys,u all really did a good work!!thanks everybody!
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You're welcome.
 

henrikoez

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
582
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I love your Edited Mangas but i can only download them if they are available outside IRC. How unfortunate for me, i can't download with IRC in my computer. :darn

Anyway, your Edited Mangas is great. Your principles to go with HQ is cool.
 

XUnrealpkI

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yo illuminati can i ask where u get ur shonan gumi raws and translations from? i want to scanlate.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You can help us if you want. PM me on IRC. If you don't use IRC, PM me here instead.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I would laugh so hard if that person wanted to do their own Edited Mangas from our raws/translations. Really. Really. Hard.

Also, hey.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
o/ Eon-chan!

Go get your Manga Editor tag so that you can look even more awesome ;o
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
o/ Eon-chan!

Go get your Manga Editor tag so that you can look even more awesome ;o
I thought that was for people who actually did something for groups? :3

Besides, everyone on this site thinks proofreaders are unnecessary anyway~
 

Hadora

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Oh Dude, i completely agree with your opinion about this fucking bullshit label.
Who are they to judge the fan-work?
I'm actually french Manga Editor since november 2005 like you, i founded two team, typeset more 150 chapters, i look at my first japanese chapter on the net 3 years ago.
And when a website try to label a chapter downloaded on my website, i go so mad...
What are their benchmark? Black, white, gray, pink,... contour. Trying to speak with them and discussion will show up so much non-sense and contradiction in their stupid logic. All of this is simply personnal opinion without a little objectivity.

Let's be smart everybody, there are two kind of scan: chapter scanned in magazine and chapter scanned in tank volume, that's all.

You are angry about the quality about your chapter of naruto??
Jus shut the f*** up, every japanese guys read the same quality.
Yes, Weekly Shonen Jump is printed on toilette tissues equivalent, and if you want to enjoy in full measure Naruto so JUST BE A GOOD KISHIMOTO'S FAN AND BUY THE VOLUME.

Label a fan-work is really fruitless debate.
If you aren't happy, shift+ctrl+del the file
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Let's be smart everybody, there are two kind of scan: chapter scanned in magazine and chapter scanned in tank volume, that's all.
I wouldn't say that's true. I'd much rather read a chapter done with magazine scans by a group that put a lot of effort into it and has quality translators/editors as well as proofreaders and QCers (oh, and uses a nice font for typesetting, etc... you know, things that make a scan easier to read). There are groups out there that make excellent scans from magazines.

On the other hand, some groups use tank scans and still fuck it up. I really don't think something can be of "high quality" when the editing sucks, the typesetting sucks, the translation is inaccurate, and it doesn't make sense because it's in bad English. Who cares if the raws are nice when the scan itself is unreadable?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I thought that was for people who actually did something for groups? :3

Besides, everyone on this site thinks proofreaders are unnecessary anyway~
I certainly don't. (Proofreader here also for whatever translator might happen to ask me... NJT, Zindryr, etc.)

I mean, there are Edited Mangas out there with atrocious grammar and spellings and stuff. I always get frustrated seeing them, and say, "do they EVEN have editors?"

Then there's JP proofreaders that could be useful for getting the accuracy down in translations. Either way, I dare you to go to NJT (father of this site) and ask him:

"Yo, are proofreaders necessary on this site?"

I mean, accuracy and nice-looking translations are all we care about here. So of course he'd say a resoundingly YES. (Or maybe "Ossu!" knowing him - but ask him, if you want, and see.)

By the way, welcome to MH.
 
Last edited:

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Actually we need more proof readers to begin with :3 preferably for every translation released :p

Know of some good proof readers? got some free time? :p ANY translation i do needs it :p

/me has terrible grammar :s:s

er while I'm here >.>

Great work on Gantz :D Why only a single thing? Let's continue~~~ bi-weekly--- for the fans :ossu :p

:3
 
Last edited:

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I certainly don't. (Proofreader here also for whatever translator might happen to ask me... NJT, Zindryr, etc.)

I mean, there are Edited Mangas out there with atrocious grammar and spellings and stuff. I always get frustrated seeing them, and say, "do they EVEN have editors?"

Then there's JP proofreaders that could be useful for getting the accuracy down in translations. Either way, I dare you to go to NJT (father of this site) and ask him:

"Yo, are proofreaders necessary on this site?"

I mean, accuracy and nice-looking translations are all we care about here. So of course he'd say a resoundingly YES. (Or maybe "Ossu!" knowing him - but ask him, if you want, and see.)

By the way, welcome to MH.
Give her the Manga Editor title. She's too shy to actually ask for it herself. ._.

Great work on Gantz :D Why only a single thing? Let's continue~~~ bi-weekly--- for the fans :ossu :p

:3
Would need a regular staff for it. Dunno if I would be able to find a regular staff for it every week. Not to mention that it doesn't come out at a favorable time for me.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
By the way, welcome to MH.
Thanks. =) And it's great to see that two very well-known and respected members support proofreaders. I guess I'd better pay more attention to things, huh~
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Grats Eon-chan~

But now you're equal to me ;|
 

El-Thor

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just caught up with Elfen Lied and found out there's 107 chapters total. I was wondering if you are releasing Volumes 11 and 12 anytime soon and if not, where can I find translations for those volumes?
 

Xiphias

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
93
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hey GGpX. Some of these question are going to be really random and in no particular order.

1. What do you think of Kamen Teacher? It's no GTO or Shonan Jun'ai Gumi.
2. Are you still looking for a typesetter for Blood+?
3. Why are the Saru redraws so hard?
4. Are you going to need me for later chapters of Saru?
5. What do you think of me?
6. What's that background font used in Mercenary Pierre?
7. What font is that used in Saru, for the bubbles?
8. I know you scan a lot of your raws. What scanner do you have?
9. Is their a certain type or brand of scanner you prefer?
10. After reading it, Holyland is awesome.
11. Are you ever going to have enough staff to finish Shonan Jun'ai Gumi in the next 2-3 years?
12. Is FMP worth the read?
13. Are there more joints in the future with NCIS?
14. Redraws can be so annoying.
15. What are the chances of you replying?
 
Last edited:

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
1. What do you think of Kamen Teacher? It's no GTO or Shonan Jun'ai Gumi.
It's not bad. It's entertaining.
2. Are you still looking for a typesetter for Blood+?
Maybe yes, maybe not. Depends whether the guy who applied recently turns out his pages or not.
3. Why are the Saru redraws so hard?
The author's fucking with us... probably.
4. Are you going to need me for later chapters of Saru?
Depends on how many Editors we have.
5. What do you think of me?
To be honest, I don't know enough about you.
6. What's that background font used in Mercenary Pierre?
I think that it's Lithos Pro.
7. What font is that used in Saru, for the bubbles?
Zud Juice.
8. I know you scan a lot of your raws. What scanner do you have?
Canon 8400F
9. Is their a certain type or brand of scanner you prefer?
Don't know enough about scanners to tell you a real answer.
10. After reading it, Holyland is awesome.
Indeed.
11. Are you ever going to have enough staff to finish Shonan Jun'ai Gumi in the next 2-3 years?
Probably not.
12. Is FMP worth the read?
I'd think so, yeah.
13. Are there more joints in the future with NCIS?
Who knows. Depends on the circumstances. I don't see ourselves picking up any new projects (Long ones anyway) in the near future
14. Redraws can be so annoying.
Yeah, they can.
15. What are the chances of you replying?
A 5.25 in 7.5 chance.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
xD -_-; heres a funny one for you GGpX, When I was Looking for new manga to read, I stopped by your releases of Kamen Teacher, then I thought, hmm if Illuminati-Manga Does it I guess it must be good, then before I DLed it I looked at Manga Updates and Found Kamen Teacher 0.o I thought, Wow GGpX does those kind of manga!!...........A day later I Read Kamen Teacher in One Manga just to make sure, then I calmed down xD..........and Said What An Awesome Manga!!, and thats my story.....

Thanks Illuminati-Manga for Editing It!!
 
Top