Re: The Japanese Language
pocketmofo said:
Using them, on the other hand, is another story...
Yeah, usage is definitively another story... Although living in Osaka I have heard people use わい and then わて...
...
I'm board, so let's see how many FP pronouns I can list using the dictionaries I have at hand...
(Note: There were still probably a few more FP pronouns to be plucked out of the dictionaries I have available, but I got tired of doing so (there's
129 I have listed here)... I ended up bolding pronouns that I think are significantly important (as first person pronouns, mind you) and then italicizing ones that have had some degree of relevance to me thus far in my life. The others are just there to show that there are a f**k load of FP pronouns in Japanese (the majority of pronouns to be found in dictionaries are more so reflect literary/written/historical/regional usage). And then there's still others to be listed... Also, some of the FP pronouns listed here have a marginally different grammatical "taste" than your average FP pronoun (of particular note would be こちら and 自分)...)
"私" forms...
わたくし
わたし
あたし
あたくし
わし
あたい
わて
わい
あっし
あて
わいら
わっち
わらわ
わちき
"己" forms...
おれ
おのれ
おれさま
おいら
おら
うぬ
おれら
おのれら
おれども
おのら
おらっち
おんら
うら
おの
おい
おいどん
おいらっち
おれっち
おんども
"我" forms
われ
わ(Only particularly important as a FP pronoun in the from 我が)
われら
わぬ
わろ
あれ
われわれ
あ
わぬ
"こ" forms
こちら
こっち
こち
こちとら
こっちとら
こなた
このほう
これ
ここ
ここもと
こっちと
このほう
More pronouns...
僕(ぼく)
自分(じぶん)
内(うち)
拙者(せっしゃ)
某(それがし)
不肖(ふしょう)
余(よ)
余輩(よはい)
吾輩(わがはい)
我輩(わがはい)
ミー(ME)
朕(ちん)(注:以外にも(?)常用漢字表に載ってる)
愚(ぐ)
僕(やつがれ)
劣生(れっせい)
老生(ろうせい)
吾子(あこ)
迂生(うせい)
迂拙(うせつ)
迂叟(うそう)
寡人(かじん)
下名(かめい)
僕(やつがれ)
愚臣(ぐしん)
愚身(ぐしん)
愚生(ぐせい)
愚拙(ぐせつ)
愚僧(ぐそう)
愚老(ぐろう)
下拙(げせつ)
吾人(ごじん)
吾曹(ごそう)
児(じ)
賤(しず)
妾(しょう)
小官(しょうかん)
小子(しょうし)
小生(しょうせい)
小弟(しょうてい)
小妹(しょうまい)
臣(しん)
生(せい)
拙(せつ)
拙子(せっし)
拙生(せっせい)
拙僧(せっそう)
拙老(せつろう)
乃翁(だいおう)
乃公(だいこう)
手前(てまえ)
手前(てめえ)
手前共(てまえども)
汝(な)
何某(なにがし)
晩生(ばんせい)
貧道(ひんどう)
不佞(ふねい)
某(ぼう)
麻呂(まろ)
身(み)
身共(みども)
自ら(みずから)
野錫(やしゃく)
野生(やせい)
野拙(やせつ)
野僧(やそう)
臣(やつこ)
野衲(やのう)
我が党(わがとう)
我が輩(わがともがら)
我が身(わがみ)
戯奴(わけ)
我儕(わなみ)
翁(おう)
鼻様(はなさま)(注:WTF!?)
I think I'm going to start calling myself 鼻様...