Discussion - The Kakin Battle Royale | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Kakin Battle Royale

Who will be the next prince to die?

• Total voters

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I think a Nen beast fusion is plausible but not a fusion of minds. It would make the battle royale irrelevant. They need to use their wit and resources to prove that they are the best. Fusing their minds doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, the thread needs to be updated :D.
What about the Hatsu of the other Princes?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Who do you think will die next? I still haven't changed my vote on Luzurus but he appears more important now compared to before.

Sale-Sale maybe? But if it's him he'll probably survive till the banquet. Mushaho being the assassin would make things better since Kurapika's new lesson is about to start.

Halkenburg is going to complicate things but I don't see him dying so early.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Who do you think will die next? I still haven't changed my vote on Luzurus but he appears more important now compared to before.

Sale-Sale maybe? But if it's him he'll probably survive till the banquet. Mushaho being the assassin would make things better since Kurapika's new lesson is about to start.

Halkenburg is going to complicate things but I don't see him dying so early.
If Togashi rushes to the banquet then Sale-Sale if not 1 of the Twins.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Actually I'm most worried about Izunavi now. He's not truly into the teachings of Taithon, and the Nen Beast might not like that.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Actually I'm most worried about Izunavi now. He's not truly into the teachings of Taithon, and the Nen Beast might not like that.
He is knowledgeable enough to be Kurapika's master so he should know what to do. Since he hasn't read the book he isn't one of the potential targets, for now.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Prediction Duazul is a Nen user and is the one who taught Camilla Nen.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
With Momoze and Sale-Sale dead. Who do you think is next? Logically it should be Fugetsu, right? People know about her NB and they got time to prepare. Something will probably happen to her(not necessarily death) and then Kacho's NB will go wild.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
With Momoze and Sale-Sale dead. Who do you think is next? Logically it should be Fugetsu, right? People know about her NB and they got time to prepare. Something will probably happen to her(not necessarily death) and then Kacho's NB will go wild.
Well, if Togashi's editor's words are true, then the chances of a child prince dying are high.
I would not think it is woble who dies (yet), so it would be marayam, fuugetsu or kacho.

On the other hand, i can imagine several princes dying in quick succession (ho...ho...ho...).
I never like the most obvious choices, so i will go with Luzurus.

I feel like Fuugetsu or Kacho are the most obvious choices tho. However, it might just aswell be melody....

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Fuugestu I think will be next whick will lead into kacho learning Nen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, if Togashi's editor's words are true, then the chances of a child prince dying are high.
I would not think it is woble who dies (yet), so it would be marayam, fuugetsu or kacho.

On the other hand, i can imagine several princes dying in quick succession (ho...ho...ho...).
I never like the most obvious choices, so i will go with Luzurus.

I feel like Fuugetsu or Kacho are the most obvious choices tho. However, it might just aswell be melody....
Woble ain't dying since she's gonna win this war.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I do agree that when they go back to their rooms, the prince in most danger will be Fuugetsu. During the banquet however, the princes have more or less an equal chance to get killed (and quite slim too). The only ways (I can think of) for a prince to die during the banquet are:
  • If he was already marked by some kind of nen attack before attending the party,
  • or if somehow the banquet breaks into chaos, which could give opportunities for assassination (between princes),
  • or a guest was somehow manipulated and ordered to kill some princes (Camilla's beast could do it).

But since this banquet was hyped for so long, it could very well break into chaos, and thus maybe option (2) could happen.
Oh, what did he say ?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fuugestu I think will be next whick will lead into kacho learning Nen.
Woble ain't dying since she's gonna win this war.
I do not think woble is going to win. There might be several princes surviving, but it is not a safe bet to me that woble will be the last remaining survivor if there is only one.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Oh, what did he say ?
Oh, i mean the bit about him crying about some manuscript togashi wrote.
If there is something very emotional, it would probably be connected to one of the child princes.
That does not mean any of em has to die (might just aswell be melody sacrificing for one or s th completely different), but if it makes a child prince dying more likely imo.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Okay here are my survival chance ratings from lowest to highest.

Kacho & Fuugetsu: Melody is their only chance of escape. Keeni will protect them, but he is already worn out and is not allowed to help them escape. There's one other Pro Hunter in Kacho's guards, but aside from him all others are useless when it comes to Nen defense. One of them might survive for now, but the chances that both of them do is very low imo. Especially since we had lots of deaths already but not a real shocking death since Shalnark and Kortopi. And shocking deaths are somewhat iconic for HxH.

Tyson: Is too freeminded and doesn't take the succession war serious at all. Tyson's nen beast drains aura from her guards in exchange for happines, that's such a shitty ability even Izunavi can't protect her if his aura was drained. I would give her the highest death chance, but she was barely shown at all and I don't think any prince will die without his time in the spotlight.

Zhang Lei & Tubeppa: Both take the succesion war very serious, but they are too cautious and not ruthless enough. They have no defense against Nen at all, but they do have professional guards loyal to them. Zhang Lei's ability seems to be too complicated to be figured out by a non-nenuser like himself, and from the little description that we have of it, Tubeppa's beast falls into this category, too.

Luzurus: Seems to be much fitter than his siblings think him to be. Was shown the least of all princes, which is the only reason I give him a higher ranking than his siblings above.

Camilla: If she wouldn't be such a powerful nen-user, she would be dead already. However it is inevitable that her own mindset will lead to her demise. Just not so soon.

Marayam: Has an ideal ability for protection and has Biscuit (!!!) and Hanzo as his guards. Biscuit has the captain of his guards by the balls, which means she can organize his defense, and since she probably is the best nen user on the deck, we can expect a very good defense strategy.

Benjamin, Tserriednich, Halkenburg, Woble: I believe those four princes are relevant for the endgame and as such will die last.

Bold prediction:
Which prince will win? I think Benjamin or Halkenburg, depending on wether Tserriednich succeeds in killing Halkenburg or not (he will definitely try). Woble will survive because the last coffin of that weird machine will be filled by Morena.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Hunter with Kacho is manipulated by someone.

I don't know how you can say that Zhang Lei and Tsubeppa are not serious enough. The latter especially, we allied with Tserriednich and wants to kill her three elder siblings. We don't know what she is planning.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

I don't know how you can say that Zhang Lei and Tsubeppa are not serious enough. The latter especially, we allied with Tserriednich and wants to kill her three elder siblings. We don't know what she is planning.
Not to mention Morena doesn't even have aa Nen beast and not part of the Succession War.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That glasses guy? Is he even a hunter? The third hunter in Kacho's party has a wrinkled ugly face and his name is unknown so I forgot if anything was mentioned about him.

They are super serious but too cautious and not ruthless enough. Their game has been too slow so far. They just recently figured out the existence of Nen and are still mostly clueless about it.

Also, I think for plot structure reasons, one of the powerful princes needs to die soon. Momoze was the 12th Prince, a child of the 7th queen, neither her nor her mother had any real political power. Sale Sale's standing was a little bit better, but he himself was more interested in partying than politics so he was definitely not kingly at all. Both of their deaths weren't really a surprise as neither of them was really in the competition. To keep things interesting, an actual contender for the throne needs to die.

Tubeppa and Zhang Lei have power and influence, but they seem to be less important than Benjamin, Camilla, Tserriednich and Halkenburg. Actually I could have put Luzurus in the same group as Tubeppa and Zhang Lei, but he was shown only few times and only interacted with Bassho so far so I ranked him a bit higher.
Not to mention Morena doesn't even have aa Nen beast and not part of the Succession War.
Sale Sale's beast was eaten by Predator. It is unknown if the Nen Beasts are needed for the machine or even related to it. The only thing we know is that the machine is for the dead princes. "Prince" however is just a political title for the official children of Nasubi. So it might be possible that the machine doesn't recognize "princes", but "children of Nasubi", which Morena is, albeit a bastard one.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
They are super serious but too cautious and not ruthless enough. Their game has been too slow so far. They just recently figured
Sale Sale's beast was eaten by Predator. It is unknown if the Nen Beasts are needed for the machine or even related to it. The only thing we know is that the machine is for the dead princes. "Prince" however is just a political title for the official children of Nasubi. So it might be possible that the machine doesn't recognize "princes", but "children of Nasubi", which Morena is, albeit a bastard one.
Well I'm pretty sure that Urn and the machine are linked together. So imo only the people who went through it can be used that includes Nasubi as well.

HxHFan1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The nen beast are parasitic, they drain energy from the host in order to exist. It's safe to assume that once a host dies, the beast disappear.
So the machine could work with Morena

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
The nen beast are parasitic, they drain energy from the host in order to exist. It's safe to assume that once a host dies, the beast disappear.
So the machine could work with Morena
No it's not since the Urn and machine are clearly connected and Morena never participated in it.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I'm pretty sure that Urn and the machine are linked together. So imo only the people who went through it can be used that includes Nasubi as well.
No it's not since the Urn and machine are clearly connected and Morena never participated in it.
It is unknown if there is a connection between the machine and the parasitic jar ceremony. It is reasonable to assume there is, but we don't know. What we do know is that there are 14 coffins and 14 princes, which already creates a problem, because if all 14 princes are dead in the machine, then who becomes King?

Imho the most plausible scenario is that the machine will "fuse" the siblings, with the last survivor becoming the dominant body and mind. For that reason, I don't think Nasubi fits into a coffin, because that would mean he could win the succession war himself and that takes the word succession literally ad absurdum.