TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Lost sure is the weirdest serie ever.
I just saw: Season 5 Episode 1 Because You Left.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

^ it's a bit wierd. Its one of those shows where you have to watch every episode more than once to really catch everything. Everytime I watch my dvds of the previous seasons I always see something I missed before. But I love this show, it's addicting.

And whats up with Daniel Faraday. All of a sudden this guy is really important and mysterious. He's basically a time traveler right.
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

In season 4 one of the good guys "travelled" in time and met him.
At first he didn't believe it himself.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I'm actually starting to like Faraday's character a lot. So Widmore was an other. Interesting, this is getting really really complicated. I'll be utterly dissapointed if they won't offer an perfectly sane reasonable solution to this all in the end. Thats how weird it is right now. MAybe the whole thing, the others following Locke, and the great purpose and all that stuff is just a great time paradox?

And that asian ghostseeing dude, I think he could be the key in communicating with the dead Locke.
 

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I just remembered, that Richard dude from the others.
When Locke was a kid he went to see him, he was adult at that time.
Weird that in the current time Locke is older than him, can he time travel?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think it's still unclear at this point whether or not Richard can time travel. At first I thought that might be the case, but then last week Juliet insinuates that he's much older than he looks. So, I'm not so sure anymore. It's obvious that there's something different about him, but what that is, I don't know.

Only one thing to say about tonight's episode, though: Jin!!!!!! :pmg
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Once I heard the people on that inflatable raft talk french, and I saw a woman... I literally screamed "THAT'S RUSSO"

Then at the beach when she takes off the coat and shows she's pregnant, even more... and when she finally said her name, I scream "I F---ING TOLD YOU SO"... to who? to myself :]


I'm gonna re-watch the whole series starting this weekend, to pick up on stuff I might've missed... and just to pass some time :]
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

What I think about Richard (and the Others): 'Cause the Island does this timejumping thing (which isn't healthy for people, as shown by that orange headed chick) every now and then, I think that through evolution the original inhabitants offspring have achieved the only possible way to survive in these time skips; they have become ageless.

I'd like to add something (little spoiler);

I checked the names of upcoming episodes, and what caught my attention was episode called "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham". Wasn't Jeremy Bentham the name under which Locke was in his coffin? If that so, I'm really looking forward to that episode, as I expectit to be huuuge when considering the overall plot development.
 
Last edited:

Tenryuken

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yes but Richard is the only one, even Widmore aged.
Does it mean that Richard is procreated and born on that Island?
I only watched episode 1,2 and 3, is the 4 alredy out?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yes but Richard is the only one, even Widmore aged.
Does it mean that Richard is procreated and born on that Island?
I only watched episode 1,2 and 3, is the 4 alredy out?
Well, all we know Widmoore could be like Ben, recruited from elsewhere. Maybe recruiting Ben and him surpassing or banning Widmoore is the reason why he (Widmoore) seeks to kill Ben. Just speculating though, no real evidence there.

About, Richard, that could be the case, Nobody knows.

4 is out, just downloaded it, have'nt actually seen it yet.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Sawyer: Thank you lord!!!!
*timeflash*
I take that back!!!

hahahaha best line in a Lost episode ever. :smile-big
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

One question is bothering the hell out of me right now. Widmore said to Ben that the Island was "ours", but from what we've seen from the past 4 episodes, Widmore and Bejamin belonged to the same group (well, Benjamin became part of the same group).
So does that mean the group we saw where Richard was the leader did split at some point?
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think it's still unclear at this point whether or not Richard can time travel. At first I thought that might be the case, but then last week Juliet insinuates that he's much older than he looks. So, I'm not so sure anymore. It's obvious that there's something different about him, but what that is, I don't know.

Only one thing to say about tonight's episode, though: Jin!!!!!! :pmg
I know. I think Jinn is by far one of the better characters on the show. Im rather glad he is alive.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I figured Jin wasn't dead...I remember posting about it in this thread during last season.

I think the Others were formed by Ben and Richard after they discovered Jacob. They recruited who they wanted from the Dharma initiative and killed the rest of them off. One of them was Widmore but he did something to piss Ben/Richard/Jacob off so he was exiled. Or maybe he did the same thing Ben did to move the Island and so he's been looking for a way to return to it ever since.
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Goo episode. I like how the first 15 minutes where Jin central. Also quite happy that Locke is a man of his word. The only thing I didn't like was the throwing of the gripe about the temple with no real explanation as to what it really was!
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I figured Jin wasn't dead...I remember posting about it in this thread during last season.

I think the Others were formed by Ben and Richard after they discovered Jacob. They recruited who they wanted from the Dharma initiative and killed the rest of them off. One of them was Widmore but he did something to piss Ben/Richard/Jacob off so he was exiled. Or maybe he did the same thing Ben did to move the Island and so he's been looking for a way to return to it ever since.
It's really been a loong time since I've watched Lost, so I can't exactly remember. But didn't Richard recruit Ben to the others? Or are you suggesting Benjamin was alive when Locke gave Richard the compass?

While I do agree that Richard was probably exiled, I still can't find any explanation why he would say the Island was ours, unless he's implying it's both Ben's and his.

Although if some of this doesn't make sense, it's probably because I've forgotten half of what happened in past 4 seasons.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think you're confusing Richard and Charles Widmore.

What's confusing me about this season so far, is that Locke is dead in the Oceanic Six's plotline, yet he's at least in "existence" in the Island plotline...So which of these two plotlines are going on in the present, and which one is in the past/future...or maybe they're both?
 

Monte

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

There is no present, its all relative for just now.

There is one timeline you can call constant and its Oceanic Six's time as you call it and Locke is dead in that time. Since he is alive in island we can call Oceanic Six's time as somewhat future but....
On island, time is not constant, its always going back and forth so we can't tell if those whos left on island(Sawyer,Juliet) are in future or past. All these skipping through time stuff will only stop when Jack and co. get back on the island and then we'll see what is present. Maybe we won't :)
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Yeah I assumed that the constant would have to be the Oceanic Six's timeline, but I just found it odd considering how Jeremy Bentham (Locke) was mentioned as early as the season finale of season 3 (His funeral). Now I know those were flashforwards and it's all relatively, but it seemed like Locke was back to civilization for a while since he made attempts to contact at least Jack, Kate and Walt at some point, and probably more.

So the Oceanic Six timelines must be at least several years (I think I remember it supposedly being three years) in the future and they obviously skipped over a bunch of stuff.

I guess what increased my confusion was that the writers said that this season there would be less flashforwards/flashbacks, but so far we still have them, and a long-running one at that. But it looks like Jeremy Bentham's mission will be explained this season.
 

Monte

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

We know Locke contacted most of them ( maybe all of them ) i remember Hurley, Jack, Kate, Said talking about him, dunno about Sun.
We know his mission was taking back Jack and co. to island and he knew he had to die to do so. Just after Locke moved the island and got shot, Richard told him " You have to get your friends back to island and for that you have to die." this seemed suspicious to me, the way he said that and all, i suspect there is a trick and Locke'll be back. Maybe all these time-skipping stuff will end when Locke is alive and asked Jack to stay(in Orchid station) so knowing what happened after leaving this time Jack'll agree or something like this. There's no way for us to know that though :) maybe he really is dead...

Also there is Desmond, Pen, Widmore and Ben... They still got much to reveal/explain :)
 
Top