Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
no you weren't.

I'm so totally butthurt now, you meanie.
Ovv, MJ, please don't get so down for that. I'm sure there are lots of people in this forum who really value your presence highly.

Confession: When it comes to white lies, I'm not an expert.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Ovv?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I do not understand.

Let me cookiestare at you.














:cookiestare
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I was just sympathizing with you, don't get caught in a stare for just that :o
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm kinda depressed since after talkign with an old friend, another friend of ours was brought up. Haven't seen or talked to her in such a long time, and I horribly miss her. She was a bright presence and a good person, I even had a crush/feelings for her.

I confess I'm also conflicted as I'm not sure if she saw me as a friend or cared about me as much, considering few things. I hope she did, as I did a lot for her and went against a lot of people for her.

I confess I hope I get to talk to her soon or something, regardless of how I felt about her or how I think she feels about me. Either way, she was a great person to talk to.

I confess I think I'm one of the few who talk to people for who they are, not because I expect them to act or behave like this. Meaning someone could act like a douche or complete opposite of what I expect, but I'd still talk to them, especially if I enjoy it. I don't judge, but I'm probably wrong. Meh.

I confess I hate emotions and feelings. <_<
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess I'm kinda depressed since after talkign with an old friend, another friend of ours was brought up. Haven't seen or talked to her in such a long time, and I horribly miss her. She was a bright presence and a good person, I even had a crush/feelings for her.

I confess I'm also conflicted as I'm not sure if she saw me as a friend or cared about me as much, considering few things. I hope she did, as I did a lot for her and went against a lot of people for her.

I confess I hope I get to talk to her soon or something, regardless of how I felt about her or how I think she feels about me. Either way, she was a great person to talk to.

I confess I think I'm one of the few who talk to people for who they are, not because I expect them to act or behave like this. Meaning someone could act like a douche or complete opposite of what I expect, but I'd still talk to them, especially if I enjoy it. I don't judge, but I'm probably wrong. Meh.

I confess I hate emotions and feelings. <_<
Don't hate them. Embrace them and when you do that, you'll be able to overcome any sort of problem without having much trouble.
Without emotions, you'd be robbed of a good portion of what makes every person special on their own.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
no, lack of feelings = no problems whatsoever. -_- Without emotions, I'd be more blunt, honest, and myself simply because I don't give a shit how others would react.

Much like how Sasuke is blunt, or how Luffy or Zoro tends to be blunt. Life is much better when you don't care.

Just ask Tobi. :3c :hurr
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
If you wouldn't be caring about anything, what would be the point of being blunt, honest or yourself? A complete of lack of feelings directly translates into a void personality and a human being cannot be void.

Sasuke? The guy spent all his life trying to kill his brother because he killed his parents, and then, after learning the truth, he is spending the rest of it trying to crush his own village because they put his brother under a heavy burden.
Tell me how Sasuke doesn't care. He actually cares, but he is such an idiot that we think he's an emotionless moron or something.
And Tobi? The guy is a maniac. For the record, I told you to embrace the feelings, and pain and being hurt is a part of it, too. Tobi did the opposite and is now after a pointless revenge although he blabbers on about "I'm nobody".

Anyway, being blunt isn't anything related with shutting down your emotions. It's about keeping yourself balanced. By keeping your essence (thoughts, emotions, ego, soul) in balance, you'll get to get a hold of your reactions to the events.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Being blunt means honest or truth, just telling it as it is. You don't need feelings for that. I never said Sasuke was emotionless, I said he was blunt. Blunt is not related to lack of emotion.

O_O
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Depends. People are too sensitive or tend to get butthurt so easily.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Depends. People are too sensitive or tend to get butthurt so easily.
I think thats cliched, I really dont believe it to be true. You see when a person gets butthurt about things, but you dont see the million other things that a person has not gotten butthurt over. It's confirmation bias at work.

Everyone has issues they are sensitive about, but what I am sensitive about is not the same as what you might be sensitive about. The same way you might appreciate someone being tactful about your sensitivities, you should try and be of others. Forthrightness doesn't necessitate rudeness. You shouldn't go out of your way to prove you are a blunt person to yourself, by offending others. It's called manners dude, colloquially known here as 'not being a twat'.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
However, offending others is also a point of view thing. What one person says to another, might be viewed as offensive to another. Blunt is much better as it's straight to the point. Too many people tend to beat around the bush or tend to not understand until you lay it out for them, directly.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
However, offending others is also a point of view thing. What one person says to another, might be viewed as offensive to another. Blunt is much better as it's straight to the point. Too many people tend to beat around the bush or tend to not understand until you lay it out for them, directly.
Offence is a two way street. It is given and it is taken. You cant control how its received but you can limit how much potential offence you give. Excessive bluntness falls under that category. Of course there are situations that warrant bluntness or ones that even make it necessary, it becomes a matter of judgement. I think problems arise when you set out to be blunt for blunts sake, and as I said there is a fine line, and you should be wary of crossing it into outright rudeness.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess my lack of confession.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Offence is a two way street. It is given and it is taken. You cant control how its received but you can limit how much potential offence you give. Excessive bluntness falls under that category. Of course there are situations that warrant bluntness or ones that even make it necessary, it becomes a matter of judgement. I think problems arise when you set out to be blunt for blunts sake, and as I said there is a fine line, and you should be wary of crossing it into outright rudeness.
Oh right, excessive bluntness is what we all would rather avoid.


I confess that I've an awesome stalking/detective skills.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I watched the PBS Masterpiece Classic over Wuthering Heights today and cried a lot.

And as we're just a few minutes from the end of the three or four hour special my mom says, "I dunno.... It just feels like I haven't even read this book. I mean, when do they hang her?" I'm like "Hang her? She doesn't get hanged..." And my mom says, "yes, they hang her at the end of the book." :fail To which I reply, "Mom/ You do realize that we're watching Wuthering Heights, right? This isn't Tess of the D'Ubervilles."

Mi madre: "Ohhhhhhhhh! Oh. Okay. Yeah, I've never read this book. But oh my god, now I definitely want to read it!"

She spoiled the entire novel for herself. And considering it's my favorite book, I was very disappointed. What a tard. She didn't notice she was watching something completely different until the last five minutes. Wuthering Heights and Tess of the D'Ubervilles have virtually nothing in common. I told her that I think the blonde hair dye is seeping to her brain.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Being blunt means honest or truth, just telling it as it is. You don't need feelings for that. I never said Sasuke was emotionless, I said he was blunt. Blunt is not related to lack of emotion.

O_O
No, you exactly need feelings for it.
I feel too honorable to consistently tell lies, so, it has a direct relation.
In no way you can interpret a personal quality in a separate way, discarding your emotional state.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top