Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
And what has that to do with you being gross? Or did you want to say you feel squirmy?

but ofc get well soon! Thank god I never expierenced that.
Uh, do you know what happens when you get food poisoning? How is it not gross? :XD

I feel a bit better today
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I have/had food poisoning. I didn't feel like details were necessary.
You were watching food porn, weren't you? :o

Good to hear you feel better, go easy on your stomach. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
That's what happens when you drop cookies on the floor and don't uphold the 5 second rule.

Get better!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That's what happens when you drop cookies on the floor and don't uphold the 5 second rule.

Get better!
We had a scheduled power outage the same day, though nothing seemed bad when I at it out of the fridge. And no one else got sick after me, so I don't know.

I am already. I guess the worst of it was 24hr thing. There was nothing left to get rid of :lmao
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Did you puke a lot?
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again :(

What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again :(

What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
I would have given her my number. It avoids your worry of seeming like a creep and puts the ball in her court. If she thought nothing of your encounter you would know without it being left up to chance like this.

The surname thing could have worked too. But I think you're overthinking this anyways :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
It's more natural to get additional information than you would think. Simply saying "I enjoyed these conversations" will make her say "Yes me too" and in many cases make her give you her number or some way of contact, if she doesn't take the initiative just say it'd be nice to talk again sometime. The conversation would then likely flow naturally towards a form of exchange without actually asking. And even at this point asking for additional information is much less direct and awkward, as the basis has already been covered.

Pray you're lucky and get into a class with her.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again :(

What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
Just ask her facebook bro.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I met the right person at the wrong time.

I was in another town for my uni exams and I was at the bookstore looking at the art supplies one day before my drawing exams. This girl comes up and asks me if I was gonna take the exam for architecture too. I said yes and she started asking me if certain materials were allowed. From then we started to talk, we talked about architecture, art, even about our families, I said I lived in portugal and so and she said her grandpa was portuguese.

We stood there for a whole hour talking while standing in front of the shelves in the bookstore, really the mood was awesome. After that time my friends came up and said "hey dude we need to go catch the bus" we said goodbye to eachother and I left.

The next day I found her at the exam site again and we talked for over one hour again waiting for the exam.

Now I regret not having asked for her number, or her surname or something....But I mean it would probably be weird to ask for her number after talking two times, and even adding her or facebook after just meeting her... even though I could have easily used the "what's your surname so I can know if you got in when the results come out" excuse... but it would be very weird adding her on facebook out of nowhere or asking her to go out with me when I move there.....

I hope we both get in so than we can be on the same class otherwise I think I won't be seeing her again :(

What would you guys have done? Asked for her number? Or facebook? Mail? man I regret not having done any of this.
I'd have said "I enjoyed talking with you," like Nuno said, and then give her my number and be all "if you wanna talk more, here's my number" or something like that. Or you could have asked for her Facebook, there's nothing wrong with that.

Either way, she'll either say yes or no. No loss there. At least you have great excuse for exchanging numbers - both of you enjoyed talking with each other.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I would ask her surname, then add her on the facebook. You would have the excuse of asking "how was your test?", "did you do well?".
If she is from the uni's city, you can ask about the city, since you do need advice. Like what place you should visit or where are the good hang out spots, and so on
You could ask her out with a simple "I would love to go there"... You can measure her interest that way too.

But who am I to give advice? my life is a mess right now
 
Last edited:

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I confess writing makes me feel at ease somehow and lets me put order into the chaos of my thoughts.
I've been filling some pages every once in a while and it helps, but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
PM Gary, he's usually a wise and patient person to talk to. Or Kaiten, he likes talking with people. Out of desperation. :thumbs


I confess it felt good when an old friend sent a message to me, even though it was on Twitter.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
PM Gary, he's usually a wise and patient person to talk to. Or Kaiten, he likes talking with people. Out of desperation. :thumbs


I confess it felt good when an old friend sent a message to me, even though it was on Twitter.
Stop volunteering myself and others for things. Thanks.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why? YOu know you'd love to read wizzard's thoughts. He's weird and intriguing in a weird way like that. D:
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Why? YOu know you'd love to read wizzard's thoughts. He's weird and intriguing in a weird way like that. D:
It has nothing to do with him. You've done it before with other people, I'm just irritable enough to say something.

So your best advice to someone is to talk to someone else? huh?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
but if I could just talk to someone it'd be so much better...
^ no, my advice for him is to talk to you.

Take it as a compliment, Beary, that I refer people to you.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
^ no, my advice for him is to talk to you.

Take it as a compliment, Beary, that I refer people to you.
No, I take it as you needing an excuse to post. So knock it off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top