Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
i tried,believe me,just didnt work or maybe i just wasnt convincing enough
"Convincing" enough?

People don't do things unless they want to. Part of me thinks she did you a favor by being apprehensive about the long-distance thing. It could have just ended up the same way eventually, just with more of yourself invested in it. Does that sound more appetizing? Doubt it.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,194
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
"Convincing" enough?

People don't do things unless they want to. Part of me thinks she did you a favor by being apprehensive about the long-distance thing. It could have just ended up the same way eventually, just with more of yourself invested in it. Does that sound more appetizing? Doubt it.
i know and u r (probably) right,but i´d have liked to try
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
If she's not willing to give it a try, using distance as an excuse, I kinda doubt that you should give her a chance. Couples who truly love or care about each other can make anything work.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I confess I never enjoyed my birthdays (this time of the year sucks) and nowadays I found this celebrations pointless.

In this last 2 years of my life, I've thought this way:


And yeah, I'm going to party hard, have a hangover and whatever because it's my birthday this weekend, but I try to do that everyday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess I said no to a friends with benefits arrangement.

I'm under an impression no sane 22-year-old would do that, that's why I qualify this as a confession.
Why?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Because she's a classmate. And in a relationship. On long run I think it could have become awkward. Also I got some hints that she might be a bit... unstable. And I have to admit the fact that she is older than me also bothered me a bit.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Friends with benefits is a bad idea. I believe you made the right decision Ust. Someone always get hurt in those situation; it may not be you or right away but it'll happen and feelings evolve and get crossed and shit gets messy and confused. Not to say it's not fun but think long term.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Because she's a classmate. And in a relationship. On long run I think it could have become awkward. Also I got some hints that she might be a bit... unstable. And I have to admit the fact that she is older than me also bothered me a bit.
LOL...that seems to be an important aspect :rofl

So I'm guessing that it wasn't because she was gross then
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
In an open relationship, she said. Butit would have still been weird I think. And if she were gross it would have been a much more easier decision.
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,194
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Because she's a classmate. And in a relationship. On long run I think it could have become awkward. Also I got some hints that she might be a bit... unstable. And I have to admit the fact that she is older than me also bothered me a bit.
good decision cuz of the relationship,open or not,this things just mean trouble
Friends with benefits is a bad idea. I believe you made the right decision Ust. Someone always get hurt in those situation; it may not be you or right away but it'll happen and feelings evolve and get crossed and shit gets messy and confused. Not to say it's not fun but think long term.
i dont think it always has to be a bad idea,as im having one atm and it rlly is uncomplicated,just serves the purpose
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I'm starting to hate people more and more. And as much as I want to trust them I keep being disapointed.

I give people the chance to become close to me and come out of my shell only so they can hurt me afterwards.

I'm starting to think having no friends is the best thing to do...
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,095
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess I'm starting to hate people more and more. And as much as I want to trust them I keep being disapointed.

I give people the chance to become close to me and come out of my shell only so they can hurt me afterwards.

I'm starting to think having no friends is the best thing to do...

I'm sorry to hear this BBB - I can only say it seems like you've done all the right things and only met the wrong friends / people.
If those guys only hurt you then these guys are not your friends and then they're not worth a dime. They seem like the kind of people that take advantage of others.

I hope you don't give and find some friends that care about you with sincerity!!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess I'm starting to hate people more and more. And as much as I want to trust them I keep being disapointed.

I give people the chance to become close to me and come out of my shell only so they can hurt me afterwards.

I'm starting to think having no friends is the best thing to do...
If you begin to settle down with this idea of being on your own all the way, you'll only lead the way for the hatred.
And if hatred comes in, it'll cast aside every other emotion step by step, until you really start to think of your entire life as a real empty shell and you'll be forced to look for a replacement. In that desperation, you'll fall victim to the self-alienation.
That is, to the degree that, one day, you'll not even be able to say who you really are and who you aren't.
One can simply refer to this as a suppressed pain that only rises to the surface occasionally.

As much as you think there is nothing to surpass the feeling of being hurt by those who you trust for real, that's merely an illusion.
It pales in comparison to the pain I'm talking about.


For the record, this was a confession.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I disagree, actually. I'm happy being on my own/alone and I don't hate people. I just think people are stupid, and rightfully so. Many people anyway. It really depends between people, I guess.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Happiness cannot be measured that easily. You feel happy either because you do what your soul demands or -if you're attached to your ego- you do what your ego demands. What I'm trying to point out isn't necessarily the hatred towards other people. It can be towards your life or its composing elements (soul, self, ego, thoughts, emotions), or against any kind of situation you need to cope with.

The problem is, it doesn't show itself with a furious attacking manner outwards. It drains you from inside until you are totally emptied. A sneaky, sly attack of the highest degree, to say the least.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Or, you can feel happy because your life is where you want it. Not necssarily related to soul or ego, but to ambition or goals as well. I think you're bein too negative.

Of course, I don't give a shit about life and prefer living it having fun, so fuck hatred and all that jazz. Bananarama should be the same, but in a smarter way.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't know. Maybe you're right in calling me negative.
I used to call myself a crybaby a while ago.

It's just I find the kind of lifestyle too ignorant and motive-lacking in reality. In the end, perspectives are different and no matter how hard you try to shape a person as you wished, he'll end up where he's supposed to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top