Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No doubt, you're a siscon....
TOO. MUCH. ANIME.

I don't really care about my grandfather's dead and I despise the rest of my family for being total bitches about it.

:oh
My grandmother died a bit before Christmas, and while I can't say I don't really care, it just didn't affect me like most. Doesn't help disprove my theory of me being pretty much dead inside...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Sorry for your loss, Xaddy and Gary.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
My grandmother died a bit before Christmas, and while I can't say I don't really care, it just didn't affect me like most. Doesn't help disprove my theory of me being pretty much dead inside...
I'm definitely not dead inside, I'm one emotional motherfucker, my grandfather is one of the few people in my life who I actually care(d) about. So I'm quite confused, but then again, I don't care.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm definitely not dead inside, I'm one emotional motherfucker, my grandfather is one of the few people in my life who I actually care(d) about. So I'm quite confused, but then again, I don't care.
I was being facetious...I think :shifty

Well, I wasn't terribly close to that grandmother, so maybe that factors in. I felt bad because of my Dad mostly.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I was being facetious...I think :shifty

Well, I wasn't terribly close to that grandmother, so maybe that factors in. I felt bad because of my Dad mostly.
Yeah, I don't particularly care about my dad, but it was his father and he's really torn up, as soon as his voice cracks or his eyes start getting teary. The same happens to me. I got my feelings mixed up with the persons or something, lol. :p
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
on the friday of january 16th I'll finally work out things with my crush... for the good or the bad.
No, that's not my confession.
My confession is that I'm prepared for the worse.. on this weekend there will be a huge party on her city, and I already got a step for the saturday, if my crush reject me... I already have things all figured out. I'm not proud of it and it kind o feels like I'm cheating, even if I owe nothing to the girl..
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was being facetious...I think :shifty

Well, I wasn't terribly close to that grandmother, so maybe that factors in. I felt bad because of my Dad mostly.
I remember when my mom's mother died I didn't feel anything. She raised me while I was young so I can't say I was out of touch with her and such. I wondered if I was weird or strange because at the funereal because whilst everyone was crying and comforting each-other - I kind of faked it along not too look out place and thought to myself at the time damn - why is that I don't feel anything... Not a single tear or overall sadness.

I even hugged my aunt - trying to cover up the unmoved / caring part on my end. I did feel bad at the time because I realized im faking it.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Felt the same when my mom's dad and my dad's mom died, but my grandfather was in America and I was closer to him. I do regret not talkin to him more about his past, but I didn't really feel that sad about him passing on. I only cried to fit in. Dunno why, because I did miss my grandfather.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
on the friday of january 16th I'll finally work out things with my crush... for the good or the bad.
No, that's not my confession.
My confession is that I'm prepared for the worse.. on this weekend there will be a huge party on her city, and I already got a step for the saturday, if my crush reject me... I already have things all figured out. I'm not proud of it and it kind o feels like I'm cheating, even if I owe nothing to the girl..
So if it doesn't go well you already have a backup plan? :lmao
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My favorite pair of socks are pink. And technically not mine, someone.. forgot them once when he or she slept over.
:lmao @ Tom

Reading this I just thought, at least its not pannies....
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that there are a pair of panties somewhere out there that I never got back...

[c]Now its out there somewhere - tmi :arf[/c]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that I don't care if they are being worn or not. And it actually would make sense if they are...

But please, Gary, go ahead! I'm sure I'll lmao. xD
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I confess that in the last few days I had what I think was a nervous breakdown. It was less to do with anything going on in my social life (I'm never really stressed or depressed in that aspect for some reason), but more to do with my academic/professional life. I left my apartment in Lisbon to go back to my family home, not even presenting my final project of the semester, and worse, not even telling any of my friends but one. I ignored my phone and facebook for some time, only having to courage to check it today. I in a strange place at the moment, between feelings of guilt for not having told anybody that I was leaving and all the worry I caused, and the feelings of joy for having so many great friends that care so much about me. Thankfully I'm feeling a bit better now and plan on returning soon, and yes, I have given everyone a status update concerning what happened, with everybody being so thoughtful. I really am blessed to know and be friends with so many great people :)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that in the last few days I had what I think was a nervous breakdown. It was less to do with anything going on in my social life (I'm never really stressed or depressed in that aspect for some reason), but more to do with my academic/professional life. I left my apartment in Lisbon to go back to my family home, not even presenting my final project of the semester, and worse, not even telling any of my friends but one. I ignored my phone and facebook for some time, only having to courage to check it today. I in a strange place at the moment, between feelings of guilt for not having told anybody that I was leaving and all the worry I caused, and the feelings of joy for having so many great friends that care so much about me. Thankfully I'm feeling a bit better now and plan on returning soon, and yes, I have given everyone a status update concerning what happened, with everybody being so thoughtful. I really am blessed to know and be friends with so many great people :)
Yes, its a blessing for sure and I'm glad you have people like that around you.
It's important to acknowledge the issue facing you and work on it rather than avoid it.
So even if you have to take time away from everything and everyone for a period, do it.
I'm glad to see you're working things out and taking the time for yourself to work on your issues.
Add me as another friend wishing you the best and getting back to where you want to be!!
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Thank you Charlie :)! Sometimes I get a little stressed/depressed, but thinking about the people who wish me the best cheers me up a lot. Maybe that's why my depressions don't really last long.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess that in the last few days I had what I think was a nervous breakdown. It was less to do with anything going on in my social life (I'm never really stressed or depressed in that aspect for some reason), but more to do with my academic/professional life. I left my apartment in Lisbon to go back to my family home, not even presenting my final project of the semester, and worse, not even telling any of my friends but one. I ignored my phone and facebook for some time, only having to courage to check it today. I in a strange place at the moment, between feelings of guilt for not having told anybody that I was leaving and all the worry I caused, and the feelings of joy for having so many great friends that care so much about me. Thankfully I'm feeling a bit better now and plan on returning soon, and yes, I have given everyone a status update concerning what happened, with everybody being so thoughtful. I really am blessed to know and be friends with so many great people :)
I understand how this or something from that sort feels.
I went into a similar seclusion in the past and apparently, nobody even realized I wasn't around anymore or maybe they didn't care :toc
In one of the last messages I got, a friend's friend messaged me in Facebook, asking for news of the friend, worried about not having contacted him in two days or so :zomg

Enjoy the blessing you have :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top