Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I am hopelessly nerdy.

I went to a college Halloween party last night. I stayed in the library reading Blue Exorcist raws and translations tonight.

What night was more fun for me? Tonight.
Nerds unite!

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I have as much enjoyment reading manga in Barnes and Noble as I do partying with friends, maybe even more.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Let's have a party where we all get drunk and read manga.



On another note, I'd like to think that I tough things out and keep my composure and always try to get things done.

Until I get the common cold and fall apart and act like I'm dying. I rarely get sick, but when I do, I DO NOT HANDLE IT.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel so shitty.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Man, I'm pretty lucky with illness I guess. But if it's bad enough, I probably turn into a little girl.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Well, the last time I got food poisoning and it was fucking awful. My throat and chest were in pain from how violently I would vomit. :s
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Y'all need to toughen up, a cold is nothing. Try getting bronchitis - shivering, lack of any energy (so much that one feels like sleepin early), and just general haggardness.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Nah, let's all be anti-social nerds together! Books, manga, movies and TV shows for all! :nerd

lack of any energy (so much that one feels like sleepin early)
Story of my life, sadly.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Y'all need to toughen up, a cold is nothing. Try getting bronchitis - shivering, lack of any energy (so much that one feels like sleepin early), and just general haggardness.
When I was a child I used to get strep throat, bronchitis, and ear infections so often that I had to have my tonsils and adenoids surgically removed. I know what it feels like to be sick. :notrust
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I confess that I only learned about Minako Honda's death just now.

It makes her song sadder.

:(

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I don't even know who Minako Honda is.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
She's the singer of the 1999 Anime's Ending Song:


 
Last edited by a moderator:

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
This is when I realize how old HunterxHunter is...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
When I was a child I used to get strep throat, bronchitis, and ear infections so often that I had to have my tonsils and adenoids surgically removed. I know what it feels like to be sick. :notrust
Ehhhh?
Until I get the common cold and fall apart and act like I'm dying. I rarely get sick, but when I do, I DO NOT HANDLE IT.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel so shitty.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Those types of surgeries help prevent illness. So even though I know what it feels like to be sick all of the time (because it was nearly constant when I was a kid), I'm not used to it anymore and don't handle it well. Even though I haven't had bronchitis in years, I still remember how awful it was. I know a cold doesn't really seem that bad, but I don't exactly eat super healthy or get the recommended amount of sleep. Not to mention my brain just quits working when I'm sick. It's like a thick fog just settles in. It takes me twice as long to do my mentally demanding schoolwork and then that means even less sleep and solidkfjaldksjf:arf

I'm not turning in a lab report tomorrow because my data is fucked up and I just don't have the mental ability to deal with it. :arf Also it's three in the morning. ;-; I'm so fucking done with this shit.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Get Gary to help you. He knows almost everything but the feelings of humans.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Get Gary to help you. He knows almost everything but the feelings of humans.
And yet I'm a bear...

Makes sense


Okay H, just load up on the vitamin C
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top