Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I confess I liked group theory:zomg...at the level that was approached in highschool and first year uni...I can't say I studied it in depth that much though
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I simply do no understand why they changed the batoto design to that ugly piece that it is now. -_-
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I confess I like math to the point that I made an application to compute an integral Mathematica failed to solve. :lmao
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
.... STAHP HURTING MAI HEAD.


Also I quit my job a few weeks ago and have begun working with my dad for way better pay, with weekends off.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I like math to the point that I made an application to compute an integral Mathematica failed to solve. :lmao
What was the integral?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm annoyed by LinkedIn's complexity, but that I'm so desperate that I'm actually using it. -_-
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
A highly oscillatory numerical integral, something like e^(1/sin(x)) in the interval 0 to pi/2, I'm not quite sure. :headscratch
Wolframalpha :hee
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
A highly oscillatory numerical integral, something like e^(1/sin(x)) in the interval 0 to pi/2, I'm not quite sure. :headscratch
Impressive. :hee I remember trying to solve a similar integral for hours for my homework once, and could not fucking do it. Then I went to Mathematica and it had some insane crazy answer, basically meaning the integral wasn't solvable in terms my calculus II college student brain could comprehend.

Turns out I had copied the problem down incorrectly from the textbook. :cookiehand

Wolframalpha :hee
He just said that Wolframalpha couldn't solve it. o-O
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
He just said that Wolframalpha couldn't solve it. o-O
Oh, i didn't know "Mathematica" was the same as Wolframalpha :sweatdrop
Most of the times i ended using Wolframalpha, i was only actually looking for the result ... i didn't care about the steps, since a lot of times, it would be bad for me if i guide from that, but it did help a lot at some exercises :nod

I'm not going to watch it, never ever :nah
You are being stubborn! Korra is prolly one of the things i most enjoyed following during 2012. You could at least give it a try. At least in my case, i would go with Korra over almost all anime i have watched.

It has a great story *bending elements, that shit is cool*, the cast is great and even though the series is not comedy oriented there will be a bunch of times you will find yourself laughing stupidly, at least it was my case. Just watch one episode, you don't even have to watch Avatar - the last Airbender to understand most of the story, so i don't see how you can't possibly waste 20 minutes watching something a lot of people have been recommending to you.
Is that how much worthless my opinion is to you? :crying
:dancin
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So... tomorrow I'll start College again (I changed my carreer, went to a different city, I'm living with my sis now) and I gotta confess I'm freaking nervous. Not only I don't know anyone, it's been like a year since I last touched a book / met new people in a University, and I don't even know my freaking schedule so I dunno exactly when should I go. Not only that, I'm a freaking diffident person...

To make it worse, the college is in a campus and it's raining so much (yeah, epic storm, how convenient) that there will be surely a flood.

Yeah, tomorrow will be a long day.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
So... tomorrow I'll start College again (I changed my carreer, went to a different city, I'm living with my sis now) and I gotta confess I'm freaking nervous. Not only I don't know anyone, it's been like a year since I last touched a book / met new people in a University, and I don't even know my freaking schedule so I dunno exactly when should I go. Not only that, I'm a freaking diffident person...

To make it worse, the college is in a campus and it's raining so much (yeah, epic storm, how convenient) that there will be surely a flood.

Yeah, tomorrow will be a long day.
I feel you hardy I'll also move to another town where I know no one (at least you have your hot sister :hurr) and at the same time it seems exciting it must be pretty hard cuse even if you have lots of friends you can't be with them 24/7 and there will be times when you'll be alone.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

What new career have you chosen? Was it mech engineering before?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
What new career have you chosen? Was it mech engineering before?
It was industrial engineering and now it's... system engineering?

Don't make me start with sisters bro :-_-

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I miss last year city (Mar del Plata)... I procastinated like half a year, played handball with my College, my best friend lived there and we watched TWD every week... it was the perfect city to me u.u
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just got word that i can work in the steelwork again during the semester breaks which is really good news since the pay is really good.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
I love math!!!! Set theory and specially logic: Godel theorems, and the history about consistency and completeness in axiomatic systems.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Sometimes I wish I cared less, but more often I just wished I cared more.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Sometimes i wonder if my life would be less stressful if i had chosen chemistry engineering in college.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
justgirlythings tumblr?
I didn't even own a tumbler until three days ago! And I still don't know how to use it... And the people on it are kind of weird.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top