Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess that sometimes I feel like I prefer to end my relationship and be by myself instead. I am yet to discover if that has nothing to do with my PMSs, or post depression (is there such a thing??).
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I actually have never understood the reference to PMS..
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
A friend of mine just told me in tears that she's with cancer, the treatment isn't working and if it keeps that way she'll only have 6 more months...
And I was there, with a poker face, just listening... not knowing what to say
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,097
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's really not much to say to that.
Sorry for your friend. All you can be is the best friend you can be to her.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
A friend of mine just told me in tears that she's with cancer, the treatment isn't working and if it keeps that way she'll only have 6 more months...
And I was there, with a poker face, just listening... not knowing what to say
All you can do right now is tell her that you are there to support her, and tell her that she must not lose hopes in life, in her future. There are still chances, she has to keep strong, a lot of people have fighted and won. And yes, it ain't something that only depends on her, maybe she's tired of fighting, but she must. A lot of people will "fight"with her (more importantly, her family) and... again, hope (faith? I dunno) is the most important thing right now.

It's been like 20 minutes since I started writing this, it's a really hard situation. Really, I understand how you must feel right now Moa, and I hope the best for her and you.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
A friend of mine just told me in tears that she's with cancer, the treatment isn't working and if it keeps that way she'll only have 6 more months...
And I was there, with a poker face, just listening... not knowing what to say
Tel her and encourage her to keep fighting the cancer and be by her side. I hope she kicks the cancer's ass hard that it's too scared to ever come back.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I confess that I was in a public bus and since it was pretty much packed of people, there was no space in between people. This old guy was so close to a girl's butt and he was moving (like he was having sex) with her. Since it was all packed, she couldn't move and he kept doing it. I think she was scared of him because you have to be really insane to do things like that, the craziest thing is that he thought he was doing it slowly so that not everyone would notice.

A couple of minutes later, the buss was less packed but he didn't move from his place. At some point, I looked at him and I saw him looking at me, he had greyish weird eyes and he smiled at me like he was having fun. I thought about telling him to move but the girl seemed like she wouldn't talk or try to move (even though she probably felt awkward) and I figured that the way he was smiling, he was probably a crazy psycho and I'd rather not get in a fight with someone like that (he might have a knife on him or something..). Some kids probably 15/16 years old noticed it too and were shocked/laughed but no one did anything.

There's really many fucked up peoples in the world. Poor girl...

I guess I was a bit scared that if I had talked to him but she said that she didn't notice anything, I would look like a fool.

Those awkwards situations are the worst...
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I confess that I was in a public bus and since it was pretty much packed of people, there was no space in between people. This old guy was so close to a girl's butt and he was moving (like he was having sex) with her. Since it was all packed, she couldn't move and he kept doing it. I think she was scared of him because you have to be really insane to do things like that, the craziest thing is that he thought he was doing it slowly so that not everyone would notice.

A couple of minutes later, the buss was less packed but he didn't move from his place. At some point, I looked at him and I saw him looking at me, he had greyish weird eyes and he smiled at me like he was having fun. I thought about telling him to move but the girl seemed like she wouldn't talk or try to move (even though she probably felt awkward) and I figured that the way he was smiling, he was probably a crazy psycho and I'd rather not get in a fight with someone like that (he might have a knife on him or something..). Some kids probably 15/16 years old noticed it too and were shocked/laughed but no one did anything.

There's really many fucked up peoples in the world. Poor girl...

I guess I was a bit scared that if I had talked to him but she said that she didn't notice anything, I would look like a fool.

Those awkwards situations are the worst...
Take a taxi next time. You need not ruin your day by seeing stuff like that.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Take a taxi next time. You need not ruin your day by seeing stuff like that.
Sadly a taxi is too expensive for me ^^ and I enjoy taking the bus but things like that are just astonishing. I mean, It's not my day that is ruined it's more like the girl's day. It's kind of a sexual harrassment and that shouldn't happen. I actually regret not having done anything.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I actually would have talked to the girl... like I knew her from somewhere

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

It will come to you.
I still don't know what to say.. but she had an appointment today and she was really anxious and scared, so I kept chatting bullshit with her on the whatsapp while she was on the waiting room, trying to distract her a little
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that I was in a public bus and since it was pretty much packed of people, there was no space in between people. This old guy was so close to a girl's butt and he was moving (like he was having sex) with her. Since it was all packed, she couldn't move and he kept doing it. I think she was scared of him because you have to be really insane to do things like that, the craziest thing is that he thought he was doing it slowly so that not everyone would notice.

A couple of minutes later, the buss was less packed but he didn't move from his place. At some point, I looked at him and I saw him looking at me, he had greyish weird eyes and he smiled at me like he was having fun. I thought about telling him to move but the girl seemed like she wouldn't talk or try to move (even though she probably felt awkward) and I figured that the way he was smiling, he was probably a crazy psycho and I'd rather not get in a fight with someone like that (he might have a knife on him or something..). Some kids probably 15/16 years old noticed it too and were shocked/laughed but no one did anything.

There's really many fucked up peoples in the world. Poor girl...

I guess I was a bit scared that if I had talked to him but she said that she didn't notice anything, I would look like a fool.

Those awkwards situations are the worst...
I think you should have done something though. If nothing else, act as if you knew her and make her come to you or something. Personally, I'd have beaten the old man up.

Of course, I hate it when I see guys look at girls in a perverted way or turn around and check their asses out.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I think you should have done something though. If nothing else, act as if you knew her and make her come to you or something. Personally, I'd have beaten the old man up.

Of course, I hate it when I see guys look at girls in a perverted way or turn around and check their asses out.
I really wanted to do something man. But when she wasn't doing anything about it and he kinda stopped (but was still very close to her ass), I felt like I shouldn't do anything. Many people knew what he was doing, they just didn't care or looked somewhere else, trust me with that kind of atmosphere, you will just feel weird if you do something, because everything is so calm and you'll just end up causing trouble, I guess it's one of those moments when you feel too awkward and you just don't know how to react.

Thankfully the guy got off at the same station as me and she stayed in the bus, otherwise I would have clearly stayed in the bus. You never know what this guy might do (he might follow her or something worst could happen).

I regret it tho..
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I really wanted to do something man. But when she wasn't doing anything about it and he kinda stopped (but was still very close to her ass), I felt like I shouldn't do anything. Many people knew what he was doing, they just didn't care or looked somewhere else, trust me with that kind of atmosphere, you will just feel weird if you do something, because everything is so calm and you'll just end up causing trouble, I guess it's one of those moments when you feel too awkward and you just don't know how to react.

Thankfully the guy got off at the same station as me and she stayed in the bus, otherwise I would have clearly stayed in the bus. You never know what this guy might do (he might follow her or something worst could happen).

I regret it tho..
She and others likely didn't do anything because they were too scared to. In situations like this you shouldn't care about the atmosphere, but what's right. For example, had this guy continued harassing this lady I'd have offered to switch seats with her.
Yeah I'm like you, I'd never do that... :sweatdrop
Not denying that I look at asses. I do, but in front of me for like, no more than three seconds in a respectful way. None of that "I'd tap it" or "damn she so fine she blow my mind" kinda shit.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Not denying that I look at asses. I do, but in front of me for like, no more than three seconds in a respectful way. None of that "I'd tap it" or "damn she so fine she blow my mind" kinda shit.
Oh, i am even more respectful than you! I only look 2.5 seconds!

:lmao
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
It's so funny how a simple pervy confession became a pervert confession from every members :D
Well, that escalated quickly!
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I still don't know what to say.. but she had an appointment today and she was really anxious and scared, so I kept chatting bullshit with her on the whatsapp while she was on the waiting room, trying to distract her a little
I think that if it were me in her situation, I would want to know that I was going to be remembered. No matter what happens, for good or for worse, she won't be forgotten. I can't speak for her, obviously, and it's impossible for me to imagine myself in her situation, but I think that's how I would feel.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Of course, I hate it when I see guys look at girls in a perverted way or turn around and check their asses out.
As a woman, I don't really care if a guy is checking out my ass or even thinking sick thoughts. He can't hurt me with his eyes. Now if he starts getting too close or touching me, you can bet I'll raise some hell. :derp

It's the classic rule, you can look all you want, but don't touch.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Sadly a taxi is too expensive for me ^^ and I enjoy taking the bus but things like that are just astonishing. I mean, It's not my day that is ruined it's more like the girl's day. It's kind of a sexual harrassment and that shouldn't happen. I actually regret not having done anything.
I agree with dark lord, you don't need to see that, especially as it occurs to me you ended up being more of a 'victim' than she did. Seeing how it all bothered you, the inner conflict you were facing whether to step in or leave it be at the post that followed you from the bus and made it even share here days after.

As you said, she didn't seem to notice it, or maybe pretended not to, but was secretly enjoying it, who knows. As for you, you've been left alone with the sore memories of the situation, which you still have to digest, and left you questioning your own morals and values, in a shadow of shame.

Go on foot next time. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top