I confess I'm almost sure I have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD. I've always thought I had it to some degree throughout high school and earlier. I always been electrical and couldn't sit and do my work, I'd talk to much, I'd get distracted by anything, I couldn't focus on things that didn't interest me, not to mention my inability to finish whatever I start and how easily I lose my interest in stuff.
I always had trouble with going to school and would skip classes, my levels of procrastination are way too high.
Well although this had always troubled my life and my grades where never as good as they could be due to this, I had always managed to get good grades and deal with this to some degree.
But right now my life has become so messy that I simply can't deal with it anymore, and some people start to look at me like I am worthless and this has been causing me some troubles when we have group assignments, and it's not like I want it to be like this, it's not like I want to cause others harm, or even to myself, it's not I like skipping classes, it's not like I like doing nothing.
It's not just about willpower not right now I feel like this has advanced to a way higher level that I could never get out of this situation by myself. And I guess I started to acknowledge that I might need some medication to face this.
I've always avoided going to a shrink because I have always been afraid of Ritalin, although stuff had been bad in the past I never wanted to rely on it as I was afraid it would make me become a dead person on the inside, I've always been a cheerful person and quite impulsive and those are what I think to be my greatest traits that make me who I am, and I was always afraid that Ritalin would take that away from me and that would change me.
Not to mention it can get someone addicted and well I still feel really afraid of it but I guess there's no more running, my life has gotten to a point where I need to change, if I want to be a good professional, if I want to achieve something i life I need to change now and no matter how afraid I am of this drug I might need it to make my life right again.
Has anyone ever used ritalin? How was it? I really need guidance.