Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yup, I told her. I mean keeping it a secret wouldn't be the right thing to do but I guess I expressed it the wrong way.
You did. You didn't keep it a secret from her, you told her.

How is your relationship like with your mom?
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
From this and other things you've said in the past, your girlfriend sounds like a major pain in the ass. No offense.
None taken. :)

She's usually ok but she sometimes overreacts about matters I have little control over. Luckily she doesn't hold grudge and we patch things up later. :nod

You did. You didn't keep it a secret from her, you told her.

How is your relationship like with your mom?
It's fine. She can be stubborn sometimes and insist on things that's against her self-interest even though they can be solved with negotiations. Unlike my girlfriend, when she really dislikes someone, it's very hard for her to make peace with that person.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
None taken. :)

She's usually ok but she sometimes overreacts about matters I have little control over. Luckily she doesn't hold grudge and we patch things up later. :nod



It's fine. She can be stubborn sometimes and insist on things that's against her self-interest even though they can be solved with negotiations. Unlike my girlfriend, when she really dislikes someone, it's very hard for her to make peace with that person.
Do you think it's worth helping here?
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Definitely. Otherwise things would take a turn for the worse and it would be much harder and costlier to solve the problem.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
And there's nothing I can do about it. :faint

Things get better over time though, so patience is the key. :)
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that I am as lazy as I look.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Definitely. Otherwise things would take a turn for the worse and it would be much harder and costlier to solve the problem.
A'ight. Cuz sometimes it'd actually make things worse adn you're better off either distancing yourself or throwin the person in some kind of asylum... whether for old people, crazies, or whatnot.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Well, my mother has always been nice to me and vice versa, it's just that her antipathy toward some people gets the best of her and she ends up putting herself in a difficult position. She doesn't have to be bff with these people but she can at least prioritize her self-interest when necessary.

I also don't think I could ever put my mother in a nursing home. If she becomes too old to take care of herself, I take her to my house or in a worst case scenario rent a house nearby and hire a nurse.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I confess this year sucked...especially health-wise. I have yet another appointment with my GP today and I'm really scared of the outcome.

[pat]I wish you the best. :comfort[/pat]

thanks Pat
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, my mother has always been nice to me and vice versa, it's just that her antipathy toward some people gets the best of her and she ends up putting herself in a difficult position. She doesn't have to be bff with these people but she can at least prioritize her self-interest when necessary.

I also don't think I could ever put my mother in a nursing home. If she becomes too old to take care of herself, I take her to my house or in a worst case scenario rent a house nearby and hire a nurse.
Ah, okay. I'm just asking. Have you talked with her about her problem syet?
I confess this year sucked...especially health-wise. I have yet another appointment with my GP today and I'm really scared of the outcome.

[pat]I wish you the best. :comfort[/pat]
Wishing you all the best. According to time, negativity actually makes health worse while positivity helps with the health. So, think and be positive, it'll make a difference!
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Ah, okay. I'm just asking. Have you talked with her about her problem syet?
Many times, I can't say she's open to different ideas though. It's like keeping smoking even if you know it's harmful to health, you just do it.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So my little sister ate three pieces of "chocolate filled crunch" cereal and then started to feel her throat close up after a couple of minutes. Turns out "chocolate filled" actually means "hazelnut-chocolate filled". :fail She took some allergy meds and then threw up for three hours, even some blood.

I confess that I threw away the cereal, three jars of Nutella, all of the hazelnut coffee, and extract.

The only place on the cereal box that it listed having NUTS in it was in the ingredients, hazelnut being the fifth one listed. I know it's the consumer's responsibility to read the label in its entirety, but jesus christ! When I read "chocolate cereal", I don't even think to look for nuts.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
How's your sister feeling?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
She's not go-to-the-hospital bad (or so she says), but she's done nothing but sleep for the past five hours. :bored

It still blows my mind that something like hazelnut can kill her. Fucking insane.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wait, you knew she had the allergy before? I don't get why you threw out the other stuff, but a lot of chocolate products will have labels on them saying they're made in the same facility as products with nuts in them. But that's more about candy than cereal (not that it sounds like there's much of a difference in that case...lol)
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Wait, you knew she had the allergy before? I don't get why you threw out the other stuff, but a lot of chocolate products will have labels on them saying they're made in the same facility as products with nuts in them. But that's more about candy than cereal (not that it sounds like there's much of a difference in that case...lol)
Yes, I knew beforehand. Roughly 8 years ago, she had an allergy to Nutella (when it first made itself apparent to us). This was her second major exposure to Hazelnut, which made it all the worse.

I threw out everything because... I'm not really sure. Everything else is apparently labeled I suppose, but I wanted everything gone. It was mostly an emotional response, but I'd imagine you'd feel the same after the experience.

And omfg yes, there is typically an obligatory mention of nuts being an ingredient in some shape or form within the candy industry. I guess that doesn't apply to cereal. skjhdfkjshdf. I'm just looking for someone to blame I guess, but at the same time, I think I'll inform the cereal company. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,284
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I would have, like, eaten everything.... for her of course.... Hope your sister is doing better now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top