Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Good idea: Watching the launch of the spacecraft you worked with and going to the museums with family.

Bad idea: Thinking "hey, we can do more stuff over here" and then ending up at the airport about 5 minutes after your flight back home has left.

Very bad idea: Realizing that you had booked the very last flight back home for the evening so your flight back home will be the following morning very early.

Bah. I suck at doing life right now. Karma seems to be bodyslamming me every two days. Yay, met with a new contact! Fuck, my boss deliberately left me out of the mission photo. Yay, the launch succeeded! Fuck, my exam came back with a miserable grade. Yay, love this museum exhibit! Fuck, not going to make the flight.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I absolutely hate India and don't want anything to do with that country at all until they really get their shit together. I confess I'm so embarrassed by the people of India and everything that goes on with them and the country.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,069
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait - are you.... perhaps... Indian?

#whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

:oh
​
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I suggest that as a sign of rebellion you change to a strict steak diet from cows that were only fed steak. Joking aside, I do remember meeting several people from india who wanted little to nothing to do with the place. Too crowded apparently (among other things)....
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Wait - are you.... perhaps... Indian?

#whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

:oh
​
So are you, brownie. Doesn't make me any less ashamed to be an Indian or American or human, in general.
I suggest that as a sign of rebellion you change to a strict steak diet from cows that were only fed steak. Joking aside, I do remember meeting several people from india who wanted little to nothing to do with the place. Too crowded apparently (among other things)....
Too many bad things going on with the country. I can list 'em all for you. Pretty sure Google would be full of bad news from India.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I confess I absolutely hate India and don't want anything to do with that country at all until they really get their shit together. I confess I'm so embarrassed by the people of India and everything that goes on with them and the country.
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. :hug
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
So I just found out that I have an exam tomorrow morning that was supposed to be on Wednesday. I logged into something called 'blackboard' where professors post grades sometimes. My teacher didn't even fucking EMAIL me about it. What in the actual fuck. I have barely started studying! I was really counting on Monday (my only day off of work since LAST Monday) to study. OMFG. What would have happened if I hadn't just happened to randomly check Blackboard?? How do you NOT email your students about changing a fucking EXAM date (by making it sooner)???

I hate the holiday season so much! Finals and working 40 hours a week--and then professors pulling this bullshit on top of everything else?

It's a miracle I haven't yanked all of my hair out.

Time to study I guess! Wish me fucking luck, I'll need it!
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Did you check your spam folder or ask other students? If you didn't get the email and were the only one who didn't get it, maybe you can use that as a leverage. But good luck, I know you'll pass it! \o
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Didn't go in the spam folder:arf
Don't have friends:arf
I think I should just go ahead and take the test:arf

I think the luck thing might actually work. It's been raining since two in the morning, it's currently four in the morning, and the roads might be iced over. It would be design if the university was delayed until at least ten am (exam is at nine).

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Just drove my sister to work. Roads are clear. :arf FML.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Aced that bitch. :cookiearf

Although there were a couple of people there who had no idea we had an exam. I feel less victimized now. :/

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Now my lab partner gets to enjoy my company as I perform 12 titrations with no sleep. :cookiehand
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Didn't go in the spam folder:arf
Don't have friends:arf
I think I should just go ahead and take the test:arf
I salute you. :arf

Although there were a couple of people there who had no idea we had an exam. I feel less victimized now. :/
I'm sure you did fine then. In the physical sciences you are fine as long as there are people doing worse than you. :)

Now my lab partner gets to enjoy my company as I perform 12 titrations with no sleep. :cookiehand
Could be worse, could have had to drive to the field to run a 4-hour long transect :cookiehand
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I haven't bought music legally in years.

A few days ago, however, I bought Taylor Swift's Red on iTunes.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Why would you decide to pay for THAT?!
I gave the album a listen through on Youtube, and I... liked it. :sweatdrop
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,069
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well... hmmm.... grats on the legal purchase!!! :XD
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that I just bought what my dad will be giving to me for Christmas this year. Black diamond earrings, $68.

:hee
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,069
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I confess that since the two weeks or so that my brother and mum has been away on vacation I've gotten closer to my dad.
We've reached the point where we conversate with each-other :XD. Which is kind of monumental for me and our father-son relationship.

Although things were akward the first week, things are getting better albeit I still find this father - son time a bit.... awkward. (THE UNIVERSE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS? LOL)
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that since the two weeks or so that my brother and mum has been away on vacation I've gotten closer to my dad.
aww...that's sweet charlie..become as close as you can while he is still alive..That's the only thing I regret.. I didn't do, get to know my dad a little more..
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess that since the two weeks or so that my brother and mum has been away on vacation I've gotten closer to my dad.
We've reached the point where we conversate with each-other :XD. Which is kind of monumental for me and our father-son relationship.

Although things were akward the first week, things are getting better albeit I still find this father - son time a bit.... awkward. (THE UNIVERSE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS? LOL)
Hey, I seem to remember you and your dad talking somewhat.

Rather, him bossing you around, but that's better than nothing.



I confess I'm pissed that there are people who are scamming others looking for work. Bullfucking shit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top