Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
:oh:kappa
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I completely karaoked tonight.

Holy shit, I rock even when I'm not drunk!

Heyooo.das bier in boots! Call me, Naomi!
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Its way more fun to go da vinci code:hip. Or just wonder how improbable it is that a drunk rambling would include random capped letters that would form words that make some sense with the drunk rambling in question.
Do you have any evidence that she was drunk when she wrote it?
Perhaps she was writing in code on purpose.

Maybe it was a desperate cry for help

Useful - but complete cheatery in my opinion.

that said I did try it out and came up with the following: Took Rue
One quick wikipedia search later...
Maybe she is suffering from phytophotodermatitis
Maybe she is now unable to type properly (or think properly?!?), due to this:
All leading to the question - why did she take rue in the first place?
Did she not know the apparent dangers?!?
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
...I confess that I think zimbardo should have at least used spoilers ._.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
...I confess that I think zimbardo should have at least used spoilers ._.
For those with weak stomachs, I have rectified this.

Still... it wasn't all that bad. Just a minor skin blemish...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Do you have any evidence that she was drunk when she wrote it?
Perhaps she was writing in code on purpose.

Maybe it was a desperate cry for help


Useful - but complete cheatery in my opinion.

that said I did try it out and came up with the following: Took Rue

Maybe she is suffering from phytophotodermatitis

Maybe she is now unable to type properly (or think properly?!?), due to this:

All leading to the question - why did she take rue in the first place?
Did she not know the apparent dangers?!?
Well, not, that was xio's more reasonably explanation for the situation lol. You just went full davinci/drhouse there.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
There's always that one person that you'll kind of set in the back of your mind. You can go weeks, months, or even a YEAR without speaking, but then as soon as they check in, you're obsessed again. Completely. Fucking. Helpless.

:SOON
... I think I know a guy who feels this way about me. Haven't seen him for a year and he's still acting cute and awkward. He's also the carpet cleaner. Not too intelligent, but dayum his biceps.

I feel so conflicted right now. There are five guys who are inoffensive and interested in me (excluding all the "will earthforge-senpai notice me" types and self-absorbed dicks). I like chatting with them as friends, although there is one who I am interested in. But he lives in the UK.

What is my life.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
For convenience's sake, just go for the ones in or nearest your zipp code. Going for some guy in a different continent seems kinda self defeating (unless there is a chance of the two of you actually meeting regularly or you are not too serious about the whole boyfriend thing)... Also, "carpet cleaning" :3c:derp:teehee

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I confess I am in a somewhat awkward position right now. My friends insist on setting me up with a girl although after meeting her a couple of times I don't really get the impression there is any chemistry there (at least not on my side, I am can't tell if this girl likes me or not). I obviously appreciate the thought however this girl is loud, extremely extroverted and overall acts like her heart will stop if she does not move or say something at least once a minute. And its not like she just moves around. She dances. Like she has a need for it every few minutes. Overall I am quiet, an introvert and perfectly comfortable with silence. I enjoy simple, nerdy things. A beer with friends, making jokes (regardless of how successful the jokes are), dr who reruns, I play a zelda game every 6 months or so just for the heck of it, the outdoors (I can't find someone to go kayaking with, whats up with that?), free wifi (thats rarely a thing in my country). I can go clubbing although it is the sort of thing that tires me quickly.Its like a pretty big clash. I guess my friends are hoping she breaks me out of my shell or something although I doubt they realize most things with shells usually die when said shell is removed :s
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
For convenience's sake, just go for the ones in or nearest your zipp code. Going for some guy in a different continent seems kinda self defeating (unless there is a chance of the two of you actually meeting regularly or you are not too serious about the whole boyfriend thing)...
Eh. The demands of my life are incompatible with relationships. It's strained enough with depression and keeping my family from exploding.

Also, "carpet cleaning" :3c:derp:teehee
... :3c

I confess I am in a somewhat awkward position right now. My friends insist on setting me up with a girl although after meeting her a couple of times I don't really get the impression there is any chemistry there (at least not on my side, I am can't tell if this girl likes me or not). I obviously appreciate the thought however this girl is loud, extremely extroverted and overall acts like her heart will stop if she does not move or say something at least once a minute. And its not like she just moves around. She dances. Like she has a need for it every few minutes. Overall I am quiet, an introvert and perfectly comfortable with silence. I enjoy simple, nerdy things. A beer with friends, making jokes (regardless of how successful the jokes are), dr who reruns, I play a zelda game every 6 months or so just for the heck of it, the outdoors (I can't find someone to go kayaking with, whats up with that?), free wifi (thats rarely a thing in my country). I can go clubbing although it is the sort of thing that tires me quickly.Its like a pretty big clash. I guess my friends are hoping she breaks me out of my shell or something although I doubt they realize most things with shells usually die when said shell is removed :s
Sounds like they're pushing some Opposites Attract thing. But if you honestly don't enjoy hanging out with her doing stuff she likes and she doesn't like hanging out with you doing stuff you like, it's not going to work in any universe. If they're pushing you to do stuff you don't enjoy, be up front about it. You shouldn't have to torque around what you enjoy for anyone else's benefit.

Nobody wants to go kayaking? :o
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess I am in a somewhat awkward position right now. My friends insist on setting me up with a girl although after meeting her a couple of times I don't really get the impression there is any chemistry there (at least not on my side, I am can't tell if this girl likes me or not). I obviously appreciate the thought however this girl is loud, extremely extroverted and overall acts like her heart will stop if she does not move or say something at least once a minute. And its not like she just moves around. She dances. Like she has a need for it every few minutes. Overall I am quiet, an introvert and perfectly comfortable with silence. I enjoy simple, nerdy things. A beer with friends, making jokes (regardless of how successful the jokes are), dr who reruns, I play a zelda game every 6 months or so just for the heck of it, the outdoors (I can't find someone to go kayaking with, whats up with that?), free wifi (thats rarely a thing in my country). I can go clubbing although it is the sort of thing that tires me quickly.Its like a pretty big clash. I guess my friends are hoping she breaks me out of my shell or something although I doubt they realize most things with shells usually die when said shell is removed :s
Holy shit I hate your friends...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Eh. The demands of my life are incompatible with relationships. It's strained enough with depression and keeping my family from exploding.



... :3c
Wouldn't a distraction kinda help in this sort of situation? I guess it can be a distraction but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Well, I can't really say much about this considering I am not familiar with your situation and from what you said it does not sound like one I could directly relate to....

Sounds like they're pushing some Opposites Attract thing. But if you honestly don't enjoy hanging out with her doing stuff she likes and she doesn't like hanging out with you doing stuff you like, it's not going to work in any universe. If they're pushing you to do stuff you don't enjoy, be up front about it. You shouldn't have to torque around what you enjoy for anyone else's benefit.
Holy shit I hate your friends...
My friends are awesome, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I don't think they aimed for an opposites attract thing, when they met this girl they really thought I had stuff in common with her (the issue was that they decided I had a lot in common with her within in a span of 20 minutes in a party which involved alcohol which is not necessarily enough time to get to know someone). They are ultimately pushing it because I have a severe shyness/social-awkwardness problem which I have been struggling with for as long as I can remember.


Nobody wants to go kayaking? :o
Nope. Well, there is one girl in my group of friends that actually wants to go but there is a problem. She is the sort of girl whose personality is kinda flirty and whatnot, it comes natural to her to just flirt with... stuff. And she has a boyfriend. So its a bad mix for obvious reasons. I prefer to keep things between my face and other people's fist strictly platonic after all. Well, I guess I have to correct what I said earlier about not trading my friends, it should be more "most of them I wouldn't trade for anything":derp
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
My friends are awesome, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I don't think they aimed for an opposites attract thing, when they met this girl they really thought I had stuff in common with her (the issue was that they decided I had a lot in common with her within in a span of 20 minutes in a party which involved alcohol which is not necessarily enough time to get to know someone). They are ultimately pushing it because I have a severe shyness/social-awkwardness problem which I have been struggling with for as long as I can remember.
I was making a joke because she sounds like a nightmare.

Yeah, but good friends don't push something so hard that it makes it worse. They accept you for who you are. It's different if you're actually asking to be setup, but this sounds awkward and uncomfortable as hell.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Yesterday I found big cash lying at someone's feet at a bar. I took it wihout asking anyone if they dropped it. Bought drinks for myself and my friends from that money until nothing was left.

What would you do, if you be meee?
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yesterday I found big cash lying at someone's feet at a bar. I took it wihout asking anyone if they dropped it. Bought drinks for myself and my friends from that money until nothing was left.

What would you do, if you be meee?
Hand it over to the owner of the establishment? I lost my wallet at a bar -- fell out of my pocket. Thankfully noticed it was gone in two hours of leaving, and was able to walk back and find it exactly where it was left.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yesterday I found big cash lying at someone's feet at a bar. I took it wihout asking anyone if they dropped it. Bought drinks for myself and my friends from that money until nothing was left.

What would you do, if you be meee?
I would have asked the person if that was his money.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I would have asked the person if that was his money.
"Yes, of course it is" <- the response you would have received (truth or not).

Handing it back to the establishment is pretty much the same as giving them free money. I doubt that the person who dropped it would ever see it back.
Loose money is not the same as a lost wallet.

I would drop a wallet off at the bar. However, spending the money is not too bad in my opinion.
More important question - did you have a good night after the 'free drinks'?
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
We all had a hungover sunday. That kind of goes hand in hand with having a good night I guess. Although it started pretty rough. On the way to that place we got assaulted and almost badly beaten up. Luckily there were some passers that quickly called the police and those guys made a run. The 50 'free' bucks did help getting over the trauma a little, and honestly, it felt like karma.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
oh my god. haha. just three hours after it actually happened!
 
Top