Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
^No cure. Except for the symptoms.
It happens at least once a year (well, for the big crisis at least). So after the treatment I've to pray that the cooldown will last long, very long, like forever.
I won't take any days off, especially for a contest. And it's not like I'm suffering during the lessons, the itching and burning feelings usually happen the night. The biggest threat for the lessons or studies in general is the lack of sleep.
Do you use something to soothe the irritated areas? I hope it isn't profuse
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I confess I was just watching a commercial and wondered what in the hell did it have to do with the product it was trying to advertize.

I confess I was watching the news and in a particular case I wondered why the teenage killer stabbed the victim 64 times (it seems the last 60 stabs didn't make the victim any deader). Then I wondered why I focused on that part rather than on why the person was stabbed in the first place (the news then elaborated on the teenage killer wanting to rob the victim.

I confess I suffer from anxiety eczema. I do manage to keep it in control however every now and then I get a sudden burst of it (except if I got my lotion around). It seems asking a girl out and exams triggered particularly strong responses (which is surprisingly not weird at all). Its not like I would get it over a few seconds but over several hours there is a big difference.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Can anxiety cause eczema though? I'm sure it can make it worse. Unless you're talking about something other than hives, like acne or hives.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I confess I was watching the news and in a particular case I wondered why the teenage killer stabbed the victim 64 times (it seems the last 60 stabs didn't make the victim any deader). Then I wondered why I focused on that part rather than on why the person was stabbed in the first place (the news then elaborated on the teenage killer wanting to rob the victim.
I do the same thing with morbid news stories. I get all analytical and sort of lose the human element to the story...I guess I'm dead inside :oh
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Do you use something to soothe the irritated areas? I hope it isn't profuse
Yeah that's part of the treatment anyway. It's definitively better overall, and it will get even better. So tonight it should be ok, I think, I hope. It was already better last night. Let's not waste the placebo effect too. :p
The bad news is that I'm now using a more powerful cortisone cream for the worst area, along with fusidic acid. And the usual other many stuff.


@kkck : yeah anxiety doesn't help at all.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I am not talking about acne or hives (what are those?) lol. For me it seems to be a bit of a chronic thing though, I have gone to dermatologists with no success.

On another note "something other than hives, like acne or hives"? :p
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Can anxiety cause eczema though? I'm sure it can make it worse. Unless you're talking about something other than hives, like acne or hives.
Yes it can cause eczema. If you meant anxiety alone, no, since you must already have some biological predispositions about it (genetics or whatever).

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I am not talking about acne or hives (what are those?) lol. For me it seems to be a bit of a chronic thing though, I have gone to dermatologists with no success.

On another note "something other than hives, like acne or hives"? :p
Today, you can't cure eczema itself as I said. Not yet. Unless you find all the causes behind it, which is at least one of the main problems. Just heal the symptom and hope that it won't return. Working on your anxiety should significantly help in your case.

You don't know acne and hives ? xD
Just google it. ;)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That's what I meant. Of course you'd have to be predisposed or have it already to have anxiety or stress cause a problem. Acne and hives is sort of the same way, but less severe.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Somehow I like the idea of stress being (roughly) behind that, it's like Placebo or all that stuff about your mind directly affecting your body. That's also why I would like to be in the neurology's speciality.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I was watching the news and in a particular case I wondered why the teenage killer stabbed the victim 64 times (it seems the last 60 stabs didn't make the victim any deader). Then I wondered why I focused on that part rather than on why the person was stabbed in the first place (the news then elaborated on the teenage killer wanting to rob the victim.
Was the teen a first-time killer? If so, then it's a common mistake for first-time killers to way overdo the murder. The first stab, or even the second would have been enough to kill the victim I'm sure. Inexperienced murderers are anxious, nervous, and often very sloppy about it (especially if they're a young teenager I would imagine).

Even so.... 64 punctures? That's more than a little overkill.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Somehow I like the idea of stress being (roughly) behind that, it's like Placebo or all that stuff about your mind directly affecting your body. That's also why I would like to be in the neurology's speciality.
Yeah, I think the mind-body connection goes even further than just nerves, in fact I know it does from personal experience. The thought that relaxation and stress-reducing things like meditation can help is some solace, even if it's all BS in the end.

Was the teen a first-time killer? If so, then it's a common mistake for first-time killers to way overdo the murder. The first stab, or even the second would have been enough to kill the victim I'm sure. Inexperienced murderers are anxious, nervous, and often very sloppy about it (especially if they're a young teenager I would imagine).

Even so.... 64 punctures? That's more than a little overkill.
:shifty ...she's a murder :gwah
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yeah, I think the mind-body connection goes even further than just nerves, in fact I know it does from personal experience. The thought that relaxation and stress-reducing things like meditation can help is some solace, even if it's all BS in the end.



:shifty ...she's a murder :gwah
There was even an scientist experiment where we immobilized people's finger (don't remember which one), and asked them to think about bodybuilding this finger many times. I don't remember how long the experiment lasted but in the end the finger's muscles have grown by..huh 15 or 35 % ? Don't remember as well, but it was impressive nonetheless. I don't know if it has been confirmed later by other experiments.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,443
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
A Murder ?.. :shifty Then who plays Curry ?..

...

...

:fail
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
murderer*



.............

I MEAN---

No I'm not! :gwah

:shifty

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I just watch a lot of murder mystery shows like cold case files and Dangerous Women. Well, not really. But my mom and sister do and they get creeped out sometimes and make me watch it with them. :fail

Can't say they're not interesting sometimes though.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Was the teen a first-time killer? If so, then it's a common mistake for first-time killers to way overdo the murder. The first stab, or even the second would have been enough to kill the victim I'm sure. Inexperienced murderers are anxious, nervous, and often very sloppy about it (especially if they're a young teenager I would imagine).

Even so.... 64 punctures? That's more than a little overkill.
I think she was... she was a maid at a house and wanted to rob the owner with her sister as an accomplice (the owner wasn't rich either, this is just a very poor country).

You seem to know a tad too much about murders though :rolleyes:
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Was the teen a first-time killer? If so, then it's a common mistake for first-time killers to way overdo the murder. The first stab, or even the second would have been enough to kill the victim I'm sure. Inexperienced murderers are anxious, nervous, and often very sloppy about it (especially if they're a young teenager I would imagine).

Even so.... 64 punctures? That's more than a little overkill.
You remind of an explanation from...a psy I guess, in a similar investigation. You make your first strike, then this is nightmare, and you want to end it this hell as fast as possible, to escape it, paradoxically, to do that, you keep hitting your victim until you're sure it's all over.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I just watch a lot of murder mystery shows like cold case files and Dangerous Women. Well, not really. But my mom and sister do and they get creeped out sometimes and make me watch it with them. :fail

Can't say they're not interesting sometimes though.
They bring you in to be creeped out as well :oh

...awesome :3c

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

There was even an scientist experiment where we immobilized people's finger (don't remember which one), and asked them to think about bodybuilding this finger many times. I don't remember how long the experiment lasted but in the end the finger's muscles have grown by..huh 15 or 35 % ? Don't remember as well, but it was impressive nonetheless. I don't know if it has been confirmed later by other experiments.
Whoa, that's pretty interesting. I just know that a few years ago I had gotten so worried about my health that I became physically ill and thought I was dying. It's in your head, but our brain and nervous system are so advance that you actually feel it. It isn't something you're lying about, but a real phenomena. It happens when being inside one's head without much else to do.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I confess I wish we should create a "Troll Award" for the world's sake. :fail
His additionnal stuff for the blue ray version.

Troll protocol activated. Codename : Georges Lucas.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aazholh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
301
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's a tragedy how the Star Wars movies are treated. George Lucas doesn't even think he's done anything wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top