Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess they do, never thought I would get in that kind of situation @@
She's a friend of a friend but we instantly liked each other the first time we met and met a lot of times alone. I thought she is just a good friend to me but now I feel like there is more. Not too sure yet, hard to describe my feelings :/ I'm thinking of her quite often though so maybe I'm just denying my feelings for her. The feelings for my girlfriend are still there and yet I feel like they are fading away. Oh god, what a mess... :fail
You also have a girlfriend.You dirty...:3c
No,really now.That's messed up.Do you see your girlfriend regularly?Or does that other girl give you something she can't?Or it's just the looks...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I guess they do, never thought I would get in that kind of situation @@
She's a friend of a friend but we instantly liked each other the first time we met and met a lot of times alone. I thought she is just a good friend to me but now I feel like there is more. Not too sure yet, hard to describe my feelings :/ I'm thinking of her quite often though so maybe I'm just denying my feelings for her. The feelings for my girlfriend are still there and yet I feel like they are fading away. Oh god, what a mess... :fail



Not like I can do anything against my feelings :cookiestare I already feel bad, thanks
Wait few months. If feeling subsides, it's probably crush.

Either way, you might be in a lose-lose situation. You could just stay with your girlfriend, but you might think "what-ifs" if the other girl is gone. You could break up with your girlfriend and go with this girl, but if it doesn't work out, there's no guarantee you and your girlfriend will get back together or whether she's available. All in all, it's best to wait for few months and make sure it's not some crush.

...


I think. Forgot what I read in a magazine.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I confess I'm only grouping up with this one dude for my b-thesis because he's a nerd / very smart so if I just let him do most of the work I'll get an A... But he's a nice guy so it's cool.

I also confess I have no trouble sleeping and my conscious is clean.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not like I can do anything against my feelings :cookiestare I already feel bad, thanks
Well, that's not true really. There are steps you could take to put yourself in the right position.

And you should feel bad, but I didn't mean to make it worse :sweat
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I confess I dunno what to do with my family issues anymore... I dunno how to help or deal with my family... Last year I was alrdy in bad shape when my mom was showing signs of Alzheimer, and she ended up saying her symptoms were actually related to stress and to some car accident she had in the past. Besides that, my father always had a drinking issue and it came to a point that since we were kids, me and my sister begged for them to get a divorce, lol... They just can't stand each other, keep fighting all the time, my father gets violent and etc... Just got a mail from my father saying that since my mom's memory problems persist and she wouldn't remember to turn off the tv sometimes, he decided to break it, LOL... He says it as if it was such a normal and obvious thing to do... Sees my mom's problem as a risk to his money, doesn't care about her health, and at the same time, my mom refuses treatment, or even a fucking diagnoses, and rely only on her faith... I trully believe it could be stress, since I was also going nuts when I lived with them, but it's been years and they are going nowhere... I've asked my mom to visit me next month, and I'm gonna get her to see a doctor while she's here. Hopefully, it will indeed be 'caused by stress and then maybe we'll have some excuse to ask my dad to be more supportive... Otherwise, I'm fucking lost.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I dunno what to do with my family issues anymore... I dunno how to help or deal with my family... Last year I was alrdy in bad shape when my mom was showing signs of Alzheimer, and she ended up saying her symptoms were actually related to stress and to some car accident she had in the past. Besides that, my father always had a drinking issue and it came to a point that since we were kids, me and my sister begged for them to get a divorce, lol... They just can't stand each other, keep fighting all the time, my father gets violent and etc... Just got a mail from my father saying that since my mom's memory problems persist and she wouldn't remember to turn off the tv sometimes, he decided to break it, LOL... He says it as if it was such a normal and obvious thing to do... Sees my mom's problem as a risk to his money, doesn't care about her health, and at the same time, my mom refuses treatment, or even a fucking diagnoses, and rely only on her faith... I trully believe it could be stress, since I was also going nuts when I lived with them, but it's been years and they are going nowhere... I've asked my mom to visit me next month, and I'm gonna get her to see a doctor while she's here. Hopefully, it will indeed be 'caused by stress and then maybe we'll have some excuse to ask my dad to be more supportive... Otherwise, I'm fucking lost.
:comfort

I hope you really do get her to see a doctor and that everything will be alright.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
sorry Nana. Hope things will come out well. You're a strong, yet a kind woman and I'm sure that your help and support will ameliorate the situation...somehow....:hug
 
Last edited:

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Farfalla, it will resolve eventually. My mom had a similar situation as a kid. Violent father and crazy mother. Just make sure that you and your sister are safe first.

Try to scout out the doctor beforehand. Make sure he's a specialist in these cases. Why? I once had to get a diagnosis for my other grandma, so I went to her usual doctor and asked him to test for it. He just asked "where are you". My grandma's been there so often and just had to look around to say "doctor's office". Make sure you get someone that not gullible like that. (And yeah, my grandma was clearly demented - demanding her free eggs at the grocery store, squirreling away cereal boxes in her closet, etc.)

You can also see if the condition is related to. My sib and I think that the neural degeneration in our grandma is due to the effects of B12 deficiency (common in Scandinavians and Scandinavian heritages) and lack of mindfulness (also key: a routine does wonders for people suffering from this. The last thing they need is chaos. If your mom has a religion, at least she has some kind of routine.) But risk factors vary depending on your ethnic group and heritage.

But always bear in mind that when it comes to family issues, you should press on to make it better, but always the number one priority is the wellbeing of you and your sib because you are not the causes. Always always remember that.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, thx, girls. Hopefully things will get better eventually, even after years.

Earth, I'll try to get, with the people I know here, names of specialists. Dunno much about this place since I'm not from here, so I hope people will have good indications for that =/ Well, I can try the internet for references as well. Btw, I'm really sorry about your granny =/
We don't have a history of Alzheimer on my mom's side, so I'm believing it's not that. But even if it's not, I agree that chaos makes things even more complicated for people with memory and attention problems...
Guess my father's problem is more difficult do 'solve', though, but for now, I just hope there's nothing serious with my mom. I don't think me or my sister could be the causes, but I do believe that if we don't handle that the right way, we could make it worse (for both sides).

I was really stressed out when I posted that, needed to get it out of my chest, sorry for bringing something so personal wide open to everyone, guys, but I really appreciate the help and support =/

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I dunno what to do with my family issues anymore... I dunno how to help or deal with my family... Last year I was alrdy in bad shape when my mom was showing signs of Alzheimer, and she ended up saying her symptoms were actually related to stress and to some car accident she had in the past. Besides that, my father always had a drinking issue and it came to a point that since we were kids, me and my sister begged for them to get a divorce, lol... They just can't stand each other, keep fighting all the time, my father gets violent and etc... Just got a mail from my father saying that since my mom's memory problems persist and she wouldn't remember to turn off the tv sometimes, he decided to break it, LOL... He says it as if it was such a normal and obvious thing to do... Sees my mom's problem as a risk to his money, doesn't care about her health, and at the same time, my mom refuses treatment, or even a fucking diagnoses, and rely only on her faith... I trully believe it could be stress, since I was also going nuts when I lived with them, but it's been years and they are going nowhere... I've asked my mom to visit me next month, and I'm gonna get her to see a doctor while she's here. Hopefully, it will indeed be 'caused by stress and then maybe we'll have some excuse to ask my dad to be more supportive... Otherwise, I'm fucking lost.
Sorry to read. Everything will get better though, be positive and keep your chin up. You also have this thread to rant on and feel better.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Ranting does help one feel better. Plus, if you sleep overnight and read back with fresher mind, you can get new perspective or better thoughts on things.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you, whether MH or FB. Just remember that while one door closes, many others are open, and still many others open up.


Oh, and slap your dad for me, please. <_<
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear about your family issues, but glad you're not sitting back and instead choosing to take action. Hopefully when you take your mum to the doctor's it'll turn out to not be anything serious and something that will just need her to take it easy. Having grown up with a problematic father is something I know all too well and the way our relationship is now, I'm in no position to give you any advice on that front.

Hang in there sweetie x
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Excuse me for a moment of total panic:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH

Yeah. My parents are packing me stuff while I study for math, the hardest final. I just got out of quantum, which I flubbed three out of seven problems. FFFF-
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
G'luck with your math finals, earthface. \o
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
God, math and physics can drive us nuts sometimes ._. And I only had the silly parts of them... I can't even imagine quantum. Hope you'll rock your finals.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess that I'm rather confused.Today I went to a theater play of our school.I met her there and we had lots of fun watching it,as it was aweful.However,one of the 'actresses' was dressed in a tight suit and looked really hot.After that play,when most of the people went home,a pal of mine and I stayed for a while longer and he happened to know her,so he introduced me to that hot chick.I made her laugh a lot(even though I'm reaaaally shy when it comes to talking with girls I don't know at all) and we were like hurr durr the entire time.Then she wanted to know something about me,so I told her I'm an artist.Bitches love artists it would seem.It seemed as though we could get some action going,but we,who were not part of the ensemble, had to leave.That's the part where I get confused.You see, even though it could've worked out between us(she had beautiful eyes) that evening,I kinda hesitated.I'm not that kinda jerk who just jumps to the next bitch in sight.On the other hand,I think I should forget about her.At least in that love way.Guuh...though I guess I should concentrate on my exam for now,even though stuff like that makes it difficult...

And I confess that I was under alcohol influence while writing this.But only a little bit.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Honestly, give it a try. better that you gave it a try than constantly ask "what-if." You're not jumping to the next "bitch", but you shouldn't limit yourself to one girl who's already taken. That's worse, in my opinion, as you didn't take chances that could have been very good.

And g'luck with your exams.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I would hesitate getting bleepstruck by a girl you just met only because you were "hurr durr"-ing with her for a bit. I guess it really depends on how you feel about the first girl in the end. Have you guys ever talked about how you feel about each other, or did that not really go anywhere?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top