The MangaHelpers Manga Awards Discussion Thread

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

You can only have one nomination, unfortunately! So you'll need to choose between Hajime no Ippo and The Breaker and The Breaker New Wave I'm assuming these 2 "The Breaker"s are distinct series).

Your last line says you vote for Hajime no Ippo. So this would mean your nominations for The Breaker would not be considered... Is this alright with you?
breaker new wave is the continuation of the breaker. its just like naruto and naruto shippuden. i keep my vote for hajime no ippo then and :spank u diserve it salad :darn
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best wtf moment:
kabuto edo tensei-ing Akatsuki...it was Wow, Wtf and Fun enough to be an Extra Xmas for the fanboys.


Or i can change my choice of best wtf moment to ANY MOMENT WITH ONIZUKA...if that can really be counted as a nomination. Never a dull moment in the GTO-land :p!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

breaker new wave is the continuation of the breaker. its just like naruto and naruto shippuden. i keep my vote for hajime no ippo then and :spank u diserve it salad :darn
Alright, noted :)

And WHY? deserve what!? :blink okay nvm on second thought if it's off-topic you can reply this bit in my Ask Me thread... :cookiestare

Best wtf moment: kabuto edo tensei-ing Akatsuki...it was Wow, Wtf and Fun enough to be an Extra Xmas for the fanboys.
<hr noshade size="1">
Or i can change my choice of best wtf moment to ANY MOMENT WITH ONIZUKA...if that can really be counted as a nomination. Never a dull moment in the GTO-land :p!
I think that's too general to be considered :sweat Maybe you can choose your most most most favourite moment involving Onizuka! :) You are free to update your nomination any time until the nominations close so choose carefully :thumbs
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

just a few questions popped up in my mind, I'm sorry if they are already answered :darn

will there be or is there any chance for a best manwha categorie? or for a best mangaka category? or for genre nominations like best comedy, horror, etc.? And if not, why so? :cookiestare

Des-chan stated that five nominations with the highest amount of votes will be made for every category, what happens when there are, let's say, 7 nominations with the same amount of votes?

And I want to change my nomination for The Best Male Supporting Character:

I originally nominated Shikamaru Nara from "Naruto"

Now I want to support Colonel Roy Mustang from "Fullmetal Alchemist".

Moderator Notice:
changed and added~ HegemonKhan


Moderator Notice:
After many changes, his final nomination is Askeladd fom Vinland Saga~ HegemonKhan
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

just a few questions popped up in my mind, I'm sorry if they are already answered :darn

will there be or is there any chance for a best manwha categorie? or for a best mangaka category? or for genre nominations like best comedy, horror, etc.? And if not, why so? :cookiestare
Right now, for this round of awards, no, unfortunately :s But there is a possibility that we will add more categories like those you have suggested for future rounds of the awards (provided of course the awards is well-received, which it so far seems to be :p). The reason why we did not have those categories (or rather, more categories) was simply that this being the first time, we wanted to keep things simple ^^ In future rounds when we have more experience, we'll be able to have more categories while having the assurance/confidence that we can handle having that many :)

Des-chan stated that five nominations with the highest amount of votes will be made for every category, what happens when there are, let's say, 7 nominations with the same amount of votes?
We have not yet confirmed exactly how we will do this, but most likely this will be decided by the mods involved in this project (namely destiny, bene, hege, m3j and myself) or internal voting within the MH staff. We know this isn't the most fair way to do this, but it's the only way D: Of course, we are still brainstorming and looking for better ways to handle such situations, so if you have any ideas please feel free to share them with us! :amuse
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Des-chan stated that five nominations with the highest amount of votes will be made for every category, what happens when there are, let's say, 7 nominations with the same amount of votes?
That's a good question...it's still to be decided, but we will definitely notify everyone, before applying the decision. Also if you or any other member has a suggestion please contact us through PM, as we want to keep the discussion more focused on the manga, and not the administrative details. But suggestions are welcome, so we will appreciate the help!


I would like to nominate The second Musashi vs. Inshun fight, for Best Fight. I liked that the most, and I think that overall the Houzoin temple arc was the best, and served as the most development for Musashi.
In addition I second Naruto's and Sasuke's kiss for Best kiss...I'm not a big fan or romantic scenes, but that was funny and it kinda foreshadowed that the breakup would be horrible
 
Last edited:

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Villian: Father (FMA) becomes God pretty much starts the end of world

Best Artwork: Bleach- Kubo knows how to draw and everytime people mention Bleach it is its artstyle always praised

Best Shounen : FMA just perfect the plot,characters and setting. loved every second of it

Best Seien: Gantz..it ticks every box required for been a Adult manga.

Best fight : ichigo vs renji 2nd fight (Bleach) - i like the byakuya but this was better for me the rawness of fight , was also brutal and back in the day when fights werent just bankai spam attacks.

Best Twist:
Bleach- Aizen been villain ...if you said you predict it was gona happen your lying .
 
Last edited:

Foundway

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Male Lead :
I second Onizuka, he is great.

Best Male Supporting Character:
I second L from Death Note

Best Seinen:
I nominate Liar Game as the best Seinen manga. Its great, the games are mind thrilling and it gives a lot of WTF moments.

Best Shounen:
I second One Piece

Best Josei:
I second Nodame Cantabible
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

thanks for the fast answer Salad!

Right now, for this round of awards, no, unfortunately :s But there is a possibility that we will add more categories like those you have suggested for future rounds of the awards (provided of course the awards is well-received, which it so far seems to be :p). The reason why we did not have those categories (or rather, more categories) was simply that this being the first time, we wanted to keep things simple ^^ In future rounds when we have more experience, we'll be able to have more categories while having the assurance/confidence that we can handle having that many :)
I'm pretty sure that you are able to handle that ;) but I do understand your reason. Glad to see that the award is well-received :whoo

We have not yet confirmed exactly how we will do this, but most likely this will be decided by the mods involved in this project (namely destiny, bene, hege, m3j and myself) or internal voting within the MH staff. We know this isn't the most fair way to do this, but it's the only way D: Of course, we are still brainstorming and looking for better ways to handle such situations, so if you have any ideas please feel free to share them with us! :amuse
I see, that's fine with me but another way could be an elimination round. A few more extra days, where the users can just vote for the already suggested nominations with the same amount of votes. Sure it would be a lot of additional work and not that easy to handle but it would be a more democratic way. It's certainly up to you, just a suggestion :)

edit: Sorry benelori, just saw your post now. Next time I will PM you or another mod!
______________________________

and I want to point out that Des-chan wrote Eyeshield 21 two times in the Best Full Cast Category, I think it's meant as two votes.
 
Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

There are many categories here, but there are a few contenders that have the most potential for mass win...so which title do you think will have the most entrances in the final round of the competition?
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

OP..no offence it has just a large crazy fan base on MH it bount to have lots of entrances..same with naruto...just look at art contest and most images are OP and naruto..
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

OP and Naruto are kinda like a given :V Bleach too, but to a lesser extent.

I think FMA will also run in quite a number of categories in the voting rounds. It's a recent classic that just ended not too long ago. While it isn't quite as fresh in people's minds as current series like OP or Naruto, I think it has left a big impression on many of its readers, myself included, such that even 6 months later we remember it distinctly.

I also see quite a lot of Berserk.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

OP..no offence it has just a large crazy fan base on MH it bount to have lots of entrances..same with naruto...just look at art contest and most images are OP and naruto..
That's true, especially in the case of OP...but I think Berserk is a pretty good candidate as well, and we might have Vinland Saga or maybe Monster to tie in after them...
What amazes me the most that we have no Gantz entries at all...so I will be the first and nominate Chapter 307 page 3 for Best Color Page.

Along with that I will nominate Chapter 307, page 13 from Berserk for Best Double Spread
 

Lofwyr

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
70
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Male Lead: Alucard (Hellsing)

Best Male Supporting Character: Here I vote and nominate for Loronoa Zoro from One Piece. His loyality knows no limits. He didnt only offered his life for Luffy's, he also put shame on himself by asking Mihawk to train him so he can get stronger and help Luffy to become the Pirate King.

Best Female Lead: I support Revy (Black Lagoon). I dont really have many reasons here besides I like this character.

Best Shonen Manga: One Piece

Best Seinen Manga: I support and vote for Gantz in this category. It's a very fascinating, but also disturbing manga. The survival of the fittest is brought to an extreme in this manga. It shows many sides of power, violance, sex and love.

Best Hairstyling: Yo-Gi-Oh!

Best Villian: Orochimaru (Naruto)

Best Fight: I support and vote for "Zoro vs. Ryuuma" here. It's still the fight I enjoyed most. It has everything what is needed for a good fight: An awesome location, many fighting moves, much action and a good end for everybody.

Best Kiss: Naruto

Best Chapter: In this category I nominate One Piece Chapter 398 - Declaration of War. Obviously one of the most emotional chapters of One Piece. It also had a huge impact on the storyline.

Best Couple: Rock and Revy (Black Lagoon)

Best Full Cast: One Piece

Best WTF moment:
When Enel relizes that his powers are ineffective against Luffy (Chapter 279)

Best Plot Twist: One Piece

Best Manga Overall: One Piece
 
Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Okay, wow... :blink I don't even read Gantz, but I'm still seconding benelori's choice above for Best Color Page. Now if you excuse me, I have a new series to read.
That page is actually one of the turn-points of the manga. Also please note that I was thinking about what to nominate here from the beginning of this competition and I was torn between that panel and others from the same and previous chapters.
 

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

:fail forgot put

Best Male Support- Uryu Ishida ...i hated the guy at first but as manga went along he become a strong ,calm person who is adopted a big brother relationship with orihime . he also one better human characters and i think got most development as a character in the whole of bleach and is easily my fav out of all Bleach.
and anybody who stands up to a Espada who just killed ichigo then fight him is ace in my books then even goes up to the most scary looking perfect hollow ichigo and trys have a chat with him calm him down..shows he is amazing (fanboy rant off)

Best Male Lead- i would like say ichigo (no votes at all or even mentioned)...BUT I MUST VOTE KEI KURONO from Gantz. he just so awesome..starts of sex obessed..lives without using a suit, clever during the oni fight where he got 100pts..he gave up points to revive his friends...then of course the best line in the whole manga

IM INVINCIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so best lead...Kei Kurono Gantz
 
Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Best Female Lead: Revy (Black Lagoon)

Best Seinen Manga: I support and vote for Gantz in this category. It's a very fascinating, but also disturbing manga. The survival of the fittest is brought to an extreme in this manga. It shows many sides of power, violance, sex and love.

Best Villian: Orochimaru (Naruto)

Best Couple: Rock and Revy (Black Lagoon)
These are soo many good choices...especially the Black Lagoon ones...I thought soo much about my nomination for Best female lead...Revy is a good choice...and nice option for the pairing!
And finally Gantz!:party...let the Gantz fans pour in:D
Orochimaru FTW!

Best Plot Twist: One Piece
Can you be more explicit please?But remember the spoiler tag...

So for Best Female Lead I nominate Revy from Black Lagoon, though I have my doubts if she's actually a leading character...she is one of the protagonists, but Rock is teh main character...
 
Last edited:

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
2,318
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

That page is actually one of the turn-points of the manga. Also please note that I was thinking about what to nominate here from the beginning of this competition and I was torn between that panel and others from the same and previous chapters.
there alot of gantz i like..cant pick one.

orochimaru IMO was best villain and best part of naruto ..since he gone i felt naruto is missing something never liked kabuto or tobi/madara as villain material.
 
Top